DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Movie Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/movie-talk-17/)
-   -   "Night in the Museum" (Christmas 2006; Ben Stiller stars) (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/movie-talk/471416-night-museum-christmas-2006%3B-ben-stiller-stars.html)

Goldberg74 07-12-06 11:27 AM

"Night in the Museum" (Christmas 2006; Ben Stiller stars)

http://movies.aol.com/movie-trailer-...seum-quicktime

A "Jumanji"-ish family film starring Ben Stiller and a few other familiar faces.

Flay 07-12-06 11:33 AM

I watched this trailer at Pirates. Looks to be a fun family film, but a little odd seeing Ben Stiller in that role. Looks like an interesting cast though: Dick Van Dyke, Robin Williams, Ricky Gervais, Owen Wilson, Ernest Borgnine, etc.

Goldberg74 07-12-06 11:34 AM

Originally Posted by Flay
I watched this trailer at Pirates. Looks to be a fun family film, but a little odd seeing Ben Stiller in that role. Looks like an interesting cast though: Dick Van Dyke, Robin Williams, Ricky Gervais, Owen Wilson, Ernest Borgnine, etc.

I didn't see Ernest Borgnine in there, but I did see Mickey Rooney. ;)

Flay 07-12-06 11:36 AM

Originally Posted by Goldberg74
I didn't see Ernest Borgnine in there, but I did see Mickey Rooney. ;)

Ernest isn't in the trailer, but he's listed in the cast.

onebyone 07-12-06 12:31 PM

This trailer went over big with the crowd I saw Pirates with, so maybe it will do well. I'll see it, because I like Ben Stiller movies. Well, except for Meet the Fockers.

marty888 07-12-06 06:02 PM

Looks like it might be fun .... based on a true story, no doubt.

RoboDad 07-12-06 06:10 PM

This trailer got a really great reaction from the crowd when I saw Pirates as well. I am realy looking forward to it.

JimRochester 07-12-06 07:27 PM

Originally Posted by RoboDad
This trailer got a really great reaction from the crowd when I saw Pirates as well. I am realy looking forward to it.

I am actually really looking forward to it. Could be very fun.

needlz 07-12-06 07:44 PM

Looks like a winner! :up:

pizzamousechips 12-21-06 06:11 PM

Surprised there's not much talk about this on the forum lately.

Looking forward to see Ricky Gervais on the big screen again. Really, the best part of For Your Consideration was seeing him light up the screen with his goofy charm.

maingon 12-22-06 02:49 PM

Just got back, went to see it hoping to catch the Fantastic four teaser but they were behind 25 minutes so they skipped all the preview :( but anyways the movie is pretty good, about 80% full and everyone was laughing, gonna be a pretty big family movie.

Ricky Gervais was fantastic in it, if you liked him in the Office you will love him here very funny. The film is pretty good and was better then expected. Lots of fun B+

JumpCutz 12-22-06 03:48 PM

Currently at 52% at RT. Sounds like a rental to me...

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/night_at_the_museum/

AudioWizard 12-22-06 07:47 PM

I thought it was average...at best.

movieking 12-22-06 07:57 PM

I am surprised at the love that the trailer got....looked awful to me.

maingon 12-22-06 09:40 PM

Originally Posted by JumpCutz
Currently at 52% at RT. Sounds like a rental to me...

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/night_at_the_museum/

I would say its worth seeing in the theater, its a pretty good crowd pleaser. Plus loved seeing Ricky Gervais

Christi P 12-22-06 10:16 PM

How much is Carla Gugino onscreen? How big is her role? She is the main reason I want to see the movie.

maingon 12-22-06 11:19 PM

Shes not in it alot but she looks great

mllefoo 12-23-06 10:16 AM

Owen Wilson isn't listed in the credits.

Shemp 12-23-06 10:26 AM

Maybe because his role is so...small?

mdc3000 12-23-06 11:09 AM

Mediocre at the Museum is more like it. I saw it in IMAX yesterday and had really high hopes for it, but it's just average at best... nothing new, fresh or exciting. The best moments come from Wilson, Gervais and Stiller when they're just being themselves...doing their "thing"... the rest is just kind of stilted, with a lackluster plot at best and a GREAT cast that is really underused... I was hoping this would so much better, but it's just passable...

mllefoo 12-23-06 03:53 PM

I love the idea of T-rex playing fetch.

pizzamousechips 12-24-06 04:35 AM

I agree with most, I didn't like it. It's not horrible, it's quite watchable actually and probably works well as a family movie, but personally I didn't enjoy it.

I must say, though, Ricky Gervais is great. He brings all the lovable nuances of his facial expressions and body language from past characters. In fact, my favorite part of the movie was one of his lines.

Spoiler:
Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice....

atari2600 12-25-06 12:04 AM

just got back from seeing it.

VERY pleasantly surprised. i knew it would be entertaining but i had no idea id laugh so much!

loved ben stiller, owen wilsons cowboy vs octavius, ghengis khan, the big head from easter island, and the monkey. so many funny characters. i was entertained from beginning to end.

atari2600 12-25-06 12:06 AM

Originally Posted by maingon
Just got back, went to see it hoping to catch the Fantastic four teaser but they were behind 25 minutes so they skipped all the preview :( but anyways the movie is pretty good, about 80% full and everyone was laughing, gonna be a pretty big family movie.

Ricky Gervais was fantastic in it, if you liked him in the Office you will love him here very funny. The film is pretty good and was better then expected. Lots of fun B+

omg how did i forget that guy?! never seen teh office and didnt know who he was til i googled him.

hes the british guy who runs the museum! funniest guy in the entire movie! he was great!!! loved how he couldnt finish any of his sayings. :lol:

atari2600 12-25-06 12:07 AM

Originally Posted by mllefoo
Owen Wilson isn't listed in the credits.

i knew i wasnt going blind. i knew he was in the movie and i swear i didnt see him in the opening credits. well at the end, i didnt see it again so i was very confused. i dont know why they didnt list him.