DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Movie Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/movie-talk-17/)
-   -   Good scenes in bad movies (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/movie-talk/469843-good-scenes-bad-movies.html)

slabinskia 06-24-06 06:50 PM

Good scenes in bad movies

I remembering watching the movie Malice and not liking the movie. However, I loved the god complex speech by Alec Baldwin in that movie. It's a shame that wasn't in a better movie. What movies have you seen where you thought " That sucked but that one seen was great" ?

resinrats 06-24-06 07:02 PM

I loved that they killed billions of aliens by blowing up their homeworld in "Battlefield Earth". That scene was cool.

Mondo Kane 06-24-06 07:38 PM

The attack on Pearl Harbor

maingon 06-24-06 07:51 PM

the first half of Godzilla before you see him, everything leading up to seeing him is excellent

King Benny 06-24-06 09:56 PM

The junkyard fight between Clark and Superman in Superman III.

mattressman 06-24-06 11:28 PM

I hated "Kids" very much so, and i wanted to like it. But upon watching it I culdn't even try. But I did think the cab scene was a stand out scene. I don't even remember what happened in the scene, but I remember being relieved by it. Haha.

Dr. DVD 06-24-06 11:51 PM

Magneto moving the Golden Gate Bridge in X3. I was rolling my eyes for most of the movie, but that scene got me to say the word "cool," out loud.

Similar to Godzilla, I feel the suspense leading up to the appearance of Kong in the 1976 version is very well paced, especially with the ceremony/sacrifice and him being glimpsed as he crashes through the woods. However, once that part is over the movie does a big backslide.

I've always felt Ali with Will Smith was a bore, but the last twenty something minutes of the Rumble in the Jungle are so mesmerizing with the music and cinematography that it almost seems to belong in another movie.

PopcornTreeCt 06-25-06 02:17 AM

Most of these movies aren't bad they just don't live up to their best scenes:

The Nightcrawler scene in X-Men 2
The Freeway Chase scene in Matrix Reloaded
The fight scene between Obi and Ani in Revenge of the Sith
The airplane hangar shootout in Face/Off
The end shootout in Open Range

Legolas 06-25-06 04:23 AM

Flying to the asteroid in Armageddon.
The plane crash in U.S. Marshals.
The main heist in After the Sunset.
The laser lasso thing in Johnny Mnemonic.
The end credits with pictures from all the movies in Rocky V.
The opening sequence in Drop Zone.

anakinforce 06-25-06 09:32 AM

I hate to admit it, but I think the scene from Grease 2 with Maxwell Caufield tutoring Michelle Pfieffer about her Hamlet paper is actually a good scene. It's still a little cheesy but I think the interaction between the two of them is very natural there and helps add to the characters. That's the one scene in the movie where you kind of see that she feels she could fall for him but doesn't want to because of what her friends would think. That adds a lot more depth than what I would ever thought would have been in that movie. Any time that movie pops into my head its always that scene. Might be because the rest of it sucks, but maybe that's just me.

The Bus 06-25-06 10:10 AM

The very beginning to Way of the Gun.

The battle sequences in the middle of Return of the King.

*ducks*

PopcornTreeCt 06-25-06 09:59 PM

Originally Posted by The Bus
The very beginning to Way of the Gun.

The battle sequences in the middle of Return of the King.

*ducks*

I actually enjoy the end shootout in Way of the Gun, I think it's one of the best but yeah only a so-so movie.

Ralek 06-25-06 10:15 PM

The spider pit seen in Peter Jackson's King Kong.

God the rest of that movie was a snooze fest.

wendersfan 06-26-06 12:57 PM

The airplane graveyard scene in <b>Can't Buy Me Love</b>.