Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Adam Sandlers Click

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Adam Sandlers Click

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-06, 10:16 PM

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts
I have to say I liked it alot. I had no intention of going to see this (I rarely see comedies in the theater), but the g/f wanted to check it out so off we went. Plenty of Sandler-esque comedy (loved the tic tac retort), and you know I liked where the film went in the last act as well. I probably will pick this up on dvd.
Old 06-26-06, 11:25 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 264 Likes on 192 Posts
The movie was a lot better than the previews. For once the best parts were not in the previews. I thought it was very good. I would give it an 8/10.
Old 06-27-06, 05:39 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I really didn't enjoy this movie at all, aside from Walken, and the unbelievably hot Kate Beckinsale. I'd put it in the same category as The Break-Up, with both being marketed as comedies but ultimately being more in a dramedy category than people would have imagined given the previews. Click is definitely more of a comedy than The Break-Up (I laughed a couple of times), but it isn't the typical Sandler comedy. It's a comedy with a message...a heavy handed obvious message that we've seen in many movies before, but a message nonetheless.
Old 06-30-06, 03:53 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,802 Likes on 1,125 Posts
Originally Posted by movieking
and the unbelievably hot Kate Beckinsale.
For this very reason they shoulda called it "LICK".
Old 07-03-06, 09:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I really liked it. It was funny and had some emotional elements in it.
Old 07-04-06, 12:44 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I enjoyed it for what it was, but it could've been a better film if the first half wasn't a typical gross-out Adam Sandler comedy.

Spoiler:
Did anyone notice at the graveyard scene after Henry Winkler dies that the tombstones surround Sandler's character all have the names of actors and directors of prior Sandler efforts?
Old 10-16-06, 12:28 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by DRG
Also,
Spoiler:
there's a plot element where the remote remembers his past choices and starts automatically making them for him (like Tivo), so he can no longer engage in any of those activities without it auto-ffwrding through them. Simply put, this element just doesn't work. It's overcomplicated and inconsistent... the remote remembers he fast forwarded through sex once, but it doesn't remember he muted his wife's annoying friend, or paused his boss, etc.?
Just watched this last night.

Spoiler:

I agree the plot device doesn't work, but for different reasons. The reason it wouldn't remember any of those other actions is becuase it was an "auto-FF" feature. It wasn't programmed to memorize any other function. So the consistency is there, but you are right, it is overcomplicated and just out of place. Obviously the whole outcome of the "dream" is dependent on this feature that he cannot control, but the idea that a remote to control everything has this one feature that is NOT controllable is poor writing IMO.

That being said, I DID like the movie. I won't make it a point to ever see it again, but it was fun. LOVED Kate. She is so beautiful. Katie Cassidy (the older version of his daughter) was smoking hot as well.

And of course, Nick Swardson steals the only two scenes he gets to act in. Love that guy.
Old 10-16-06, 08:00 PM

I saw this movie the other day and thought it was ok, but a little off and I don't think it necessarily had to do with the sappy ending. Sandler has done schmaltz before. I think the major difference was that for the first time Sandler was a dad. Now I haven't seen Spanglish yet, but that doesn't seem to exactly count as an "Adam Sandler" film. The closest he came to being a father was Big Daddy, but he's not really a father there.

I think most noticeable was the lack of his usual cohorts. Schneider was covered in some pretty heavy makeup and other regulars like Allen Covert, Peter Dante, and Steve Buscemi were missing. Even recent additions like John Turturro and John C. Reilly were absent. I dunno, it had Walken and Winkler, but it lacked the normal clubhouse atmosphere of a Sandler film.

Oh, I was also a little annoyed when the "Commentary" feature of the remote resulted in narration. Just a nitpick.
Old 10-17-06, 03:19 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
IT didn't do anything for me. I was pretty bored during the whole thing. I'm really getting sick of the typical Adam Sandler film.
Old 10-17-06, 12:44 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by SonOfAStu
And of course, Nick Swardson steals the only two scenes he gets to act in. Love that guy.
I assume you've seen Grandma's Boy? If not, rent it immediately....Swardson is hilarious in it.
Old 10-17-06, 12:49 PM
DVD Talk Legend

My wife wasn't expecting the
Spoiler:
sad
stuff and was
Spoiler:
bawling
by the end of it.
Old 10-17-06, 10:40 PM
Banned

this is the only movie I ever fully cried, like bawling
Old 10-17-06, 11:06 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Obey The D
I assume you've seen Grandma's Boy? If not, rent it immediately....Swardson is hilarious in it.

Definitely. My favorite Happy Madison movie since Happy Gilmour.
Old 10-18-06, 07:40 PM

The Truth behind "CLICK"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v8hXKXtzQns
Old 10-19-06, 08:10 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I liked it. It's not excellent and it's not consistently funny enough for a comedy but it had enough heart for me to enjoy it and it struck a chord or two. I underestimated the film quite a bit, so it took a turn I didn't really expect and had probably more emotional impact than it should've had as a result. Loved

Spoiler:
The Hoff's facial expressions after Sandler farted in The Hoff's face and "I taste... shit" and "Did you put shit in my food?"

How badly does Kate Beckinsale want to be Evangeline Lily?!

6/10
Old 10-19-06, 12:11 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Blind bought this on release day and absolutely LOVED it! Definitely glad that I own it =)
Old 10-19-06, 12:26 PM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

One of those movies that should have been better. I like sandler. wedding singer, happy gilmore, billy madison, etc.

I liked punch drunk love more than click.

good concept that didn't work on film, too jumpy and not funny at all.

Is a dog humping a duck funny, once, twice, three, four, five times?

Please

I love Kate and she was okay in the film. Great body. Nice accent.

I'm not sure why but click just didn't click with me
I went into the film knowing it wasn't a pure comedy but i still expect something better.
Old 10-19-06, 01:03 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Squirrel God

How badly does Kate Beckinsale want to be Evangeline Lily?!
Hopefully not too much......IMO Kate is a hell of alot hotter.
Old 10-19-06, 05:17 PM
Cool New Member

I was suprised at how much I enjoyed it. It was a comedy but it had alot of heart, more 50 first dates than happy gilmore. I wouldn't go expecting pure comedy but it's a good film. Hasselhoff but great. Did you figure out what was going on? I did and thought it was quite obvious but my boyfriend didnt see it at all
Old 10-21-06, 08:34 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I thought it was pretty good... and I haven't liked any Sandler movies in a long time.

I would recommend it, though it did get a little depressing in the last 1/3.

For those comparing it to Bruce Almighty, I thought it was much, much better than BA.
Old 10-25-06, 07:34 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Finally saw this on Sunday. Knew it wasn't going to be a straight comedy so that helped. The trailer was misleading however when they give away too much of the third act we criticize for that too.

It's probably because I'm 47 but I thought they did such a good job on Kate's "old" makeup that I think I like her better. She was so freakin' hot as an old broad. Not exactly on the top of my rewatch list but I'll definately watch this one again. Better than 50 First Dates IMHO.
Old 10-25-06, 10:07 AM

Making a movie with the message "live each day to the fullest, because you never know..." is an easy way to reach me, even if its not mind-blowing, as in the case of Click.
Old 06-02-07, 05:58 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I watched this the other day...my expectations were very low (many of you on this board know how I feel about current Adam Sandler movies) but damn it, i liked it a lot. Two things surprised me the most about it: first, the comedy was much funnier than I expected, probably Sandler's funniest movie since Little Nicky. Second, when the film turns serious in the final half hour, it works even better. Many people seemed to dislike that it turns serious, but even when it does there is still comedy (when Sandler gives Sean Astin the finger I couldn't stop laughing). I thought after The Longest Yard that Sandler would never make a good comedy again. But he did, and Click was a big surprise for me. It isn't perfect, but it is funny and actually gives you something to think about. 3 stars out of 4