Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

DVD Talk review of 'The Lake House'

Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Old 06-17-06, 03:43 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I read Brian Orndorf's DVD review of The Lake House at http://www.dvdtalk.com/reviews/read.php?ID=22258 and...

I've been cringing at the thought of this remake for some time now, and laughing at the absurd trailer. Of course I love "Il Mare" and dislike remakes in general.

From the review and the trailer it's obvious that they've changed quite a bit about this film (that tree growing in the trailer was LOL funny! and why do they need parent characters? Aren't these actors in their mid 40s?). The only good that can come out of this will be if we finally get a definitive DVD of "Il Mare" with decent video/audio and subtitles. I do think "The Lake House" will be a hit with audiences who will have no idea what they are missing, as usual.
Old 06-17-06, 10:08 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
In the movie, the tree doesn't actually grow like that. I'm not sure why they did it like that in the trailer. In the film, it just sort of appears, like fading in.
Old 06-18-06, 04:47 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
They probably took it out because of all the laughter the trailer generated in theaters.