DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Movie Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/movie-talk-17/)
-   -   Singer/group featured in the most movies and name the movies... (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/movie-talk/467588-singer-group-featured-most-movies-name-movies.html)

OldBoy 06-03-06 12:23 PM

Singer/group featured in the most movies and name the movies...

I was just watching "Leaving Las Vegas" again last night and damned if Sting didn't feature prominently throughout the movie. I know he is on so much, "Lethal Weapon 3" , "Leon: The Professional", "Cold Mountain" to name a few that i remember him in.

I know Queen has been in a lot, from "Flash Gordon" to "Highlander" and "Wayne's World" to "Shaun of the Dead".

So what other artists and what movies feature them the most?

onitapgr 06-03-06 01:17 PM

I believe Eric Clapton has done all 4 Lethal Weapon scores. He's also has a few songs in a few Scorsese films.

GuessWho 06-03-06 01:20 PM

Smash Mouth, especially "All Star," probably holds a soundtrack world record :lol:

SPiRAL 06-03-06 01:34 PM

Originally Posted by GuessWho
Smash Mouth, especially "All Star," probably holds a soundtrack world record :lol:

What about Katrina and the Waves, " Walking on Sunshine " .

majorjoe23 06-03-06 01:51 PM

James Brown's "I Feel Good," Steppenwolf's "Born to Be Wild" and George Thorogood's "Bad to the Bone" have to be up there.

Brent L 06-03-06 08:16 PM

Originally Posted by onitapgr
I believe Eric Clapton has done all 4 Lethal Weapon scores. He's also has a few songs in a few Scorsese films.

And let's not forget his song in Phenomenon. :p

TomOpus 06-03-06 09:36 PM

Does Elvis Presley count?

Drexl 06-03-06 10:11 PM

Originally Posted by TomOpus
Does Elvis Presley count?

I don't see why not. I was thinking him or Frank Sinatra.

The Cow 06-03-06 11:41 PM

John Williams and his Orchestras :)

tommyp007 06-03-06 11:59 PM

Lyle Lovett

Giles 06-04-06 12:11 AM

The La's and their song 'There She Goes'

Michael Corvin 06-04-06 07:59 AM

Will Smith seems to have it in his contract that he gets to do the theme song for every movie he is in.

The Bus 06-04-06 11:55 AM

It's Elvis, without a doubt.

Mondo Kane 06-04-06 11:25 PM

I seem to be hearing Tom Jones "It's not unusual" a lot in movies lately. Too bad I can't think of any.

A different question, but still kind of related. Besides The Wall (And the Wizard of Oz,2001,Alice in Wonderland stuff) have any Pink Floyd songs ever appeared in movies?

zombiezilla 06-05-06 06:12 AM

Kenny Loggins has a career based on soundtracks, it seems. From all of the "Vacation" flicks to "Top Gun" to "Footloose" to "Caddyshack" to...well, you get the jist.

digitalfreaknyc 06-05-06 08:32 AM

Madonna:

With Honors
At Close Range
Vision Quest
Austin Powers
Evita
Dick Tracy
Desperately Seeking Susan
Who's That Girl
Die Another Day
The Next Best Thing
13 Going on 30
The Wedding Singer
A League of Their Own
My Own Private Idaho
Bridget Jones
Ice Princess
Devil Wears Prada

The Bus 06-05-06 08:36 AM

Originally Posted by digitalfreaknyc
Madonna:

With Honors
At Close Range
Vision Quest
Austin Powers
Evita
Dick Tracy
Desperately Seeking Susan
Who's That Girl
Die Another Day
The Next Best Thing
13 Going on 30
The Wedding Singer
A League of Their Own
My Own Private Idaho
Bridget Jones
Ice Princess
Devil Wears Prada

Why is your answer to everything Madonna? :lol: :)

Her songs were in at least 33 movies, including Snatch which I think is the funniest inclusion. She's the "composer" in 34 movies, and acted in 23.

Elvis's songs were in at least 40 movies. He's the "composer" in 22 movies and acted in 31.

Advantage: Elvis.

OldBoy 06-05-06 08:59 AM

Originally Posted by zombiezilla
Kenny Loggins has a career based on soundtracks, it seems. From all of the "Vacation" flicks to "Top Gun" to "Footloose" to "Caddyshack" to...well, you get the jist.

not to mention "The Last Unicorn" and "Over The Top".

Charlie Goose 06-05-06 09:00 AM

I don't know the title or the artist, but the song goes, "Money money money moNAY! MON-AYY-AYY" and it seems to be a part of every movie that concerns...well, moNAY.

digitalfreaknyc 06-05-06 09:02 AM

Originally Posted by The Bus
Why is your answer to everything Madonna? :lol: :)

Her songs were in at least 33 movies, including Snatch which I think is the funniest inclusion. She's the "composer" in 34 movies, and acted in 23.

Elvis's songs were in at least 40 movies. He's the "composer" in 22 movies and acted in 31.

Advantage: Elvis.

Why? Because I've been a fan since i was 4 or 5. ;) The only other thing that goes back that far is Star Wars.

I'll bet you she beats Elvis. She's already beaten another one of his records.

sauce07 06-05-06 09:58 AM

Originally Posted by Charlie Goose
I don't know the title or the artist, but the song goes, "Money money money moNAY! MON-AYY-AYY" and it seems to be a part of every movie that concerns...well, moNAY.

That would be by the O'Jays, and yes the song is used a lot.

How about people like LL Cool J?
I know a lot of rappers star in straight to video trash, and usually have a song on the soundtrack as well.

Coolio and Treach to name a couple

obscurelabel 06-05-06 10:32 AM

Bing Crosby was in scores of movies, although he didn't sing in all of them. He was a huge star in movies, radio, records, and TV, arguably as big a star as anyone in the last century.

Talkin2Phil 06-05-06 10:51 AM

Originally Posted by Mondo Kane

A different question, but still kind of related. Besides The Wall (And the Wizard of Oz,2001,Alice in Wonderland stuff) have any Pink Floyd songs ever appeared in movies?

The Squid and the Whale
Vallée, La (Obscured by Clouds)

Giles 06-05-06 11:17 AM

Originally Posted by Mondo Kane

Floyd songs are featured in the film C.R.A.Z.Y

GuessWho 06-05-06 11:21 AM

Kenny Loggins has a career based on soundtracks, it seems. From all of the "Vacation" flicks
Umm, no.
Kenny had nothing to do with the Vacation movies.

If you're thinking of "Holiday Road' -- that was Lindsey Buckingham of Fleertwood Mac