Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Rob Zombie's Halloween -- remake (2007)

Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Rob Zombie's Halloween -- remake (2007)

Old 03-07-06, 05:36 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 239 Likes on 175 Posts
Originally Posted by Doughboy
If they're updating Halloween for today's audiences, does this mean Michael Myers will wear a Picard mask?
Old 03-07-06, 06:19 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yeesh, what a terrible idea this is... Time to stop reading the movie forum. It's been fun!
Old 03-07-06, 06:50 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer & TOAT Winner

Received 328 Likes on 247 Posts
I want to see a PG-13 remake of Debbie Does Dallas- at least an R version might be possible- they already did a stage musical!
Old 03-07-06, 08:01 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
so does this mean no halloween 9? if so then god damn these remakes.
Old 03-08-06, 10:49 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I dont really think the studio thinks it will be too scary for the audience I just think they want all the teens in there for opening weekend to get the gross up. How many people who loved the old one are going to run out and see the new one?
I wonder if it is going to be as good as the Fog remake????

Sheesh.
Old 03-08-06, 11:06 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Doughboy
If they're updating Halloween for today's audiences, does this mean Michael Myers will wear a Picard mask?

Old 03-09-06, 12:09 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by ianholm
I'm surprised R-rated movies are even made anymore.
I'm suprised their still making PG-13 movies. It's obvious that the pendulum is starting to swing back in the other direction. After The Ring made a killing, everyone jumped on that bandwagon, until the market was so dilluted, no one wanted PG-13 horror movies anymore. When a Stranger Called did pretty good, but it was still a far cry from the $100+ Million grosses of The Ring and The Grudge.

Then Saw comes out, and everybody wants gritty, raw R rated horror movies. They need to look like they were made under $5 Million dollars in order to convey the right amount of gritty rawness, which is convienent for producers becuase this allows them to actually only spend under $5 Million making them, and they actually end up performing better than their PG-13 counterparts. So then you have Texas Chainsaw Massacre, Saw II, Hostel, The Hills Have Eyes, Saw III, Slither, Saw IV, with each one trying to top the last in raw grittyness.

So I'd really be pretty suprised if the Halloween remake didn't jump on that bandwagon. Unless, of course, the tide turns and PG-13 horror movies start being cool again.
Old 03-09-06, 08:12 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Im surprised that people are surprised by this...The fact remains, whether or not its a defense is irrelevant, is that these movies make money, and its a business. Until we start killing people who go these movies, there will always be an audience for them.
Old 03-09-06, 10:53 AM
Banned

Will Michael Myers be a hip but misunderstood teenager who knows kung fu?
Old 03-09-06, 11:00 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer/ Admin

Received 1,852 Likes on 1,226 Posts
Originally Posted by Joe Molotov
So then you have Texas Chainsaw Massacre, Saw II, Hostel, The Hills Have Eyes, Saw III, Slither, Saw IV, with each one trying to top the last in raw grittyness.
Having seen several trailers for Slither, I see nothing resembling raw grittiness.
Old 03-09-06, 11:01 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Gad, this I bet will be my most hated movie for a good decade. Halloween was such perfection to me I cant imagine what they are thinking besides dollar signs. It was more about the characters then the gore though, so rating are not as big of an issue for me as the fact that this is likely another hollow fog like remake.
Old 03-09-06, 11:14 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by DarthVong
That was a good one!
Old 06-02-06, 10:13 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 210 Likes on 183 Posts
Rob Zombie to write/direct next Halloween movie?

Haddonfield of 1000 Corpses?

According to Fangoria, shock-rocker turned filmmaker Rob Zombie (“House of 1000 Corpses”, “The Devil’s Rejects”) may be in talks to steer the next Michael Myers banquet.

If it’s true, the corn syrup order just tripled.

While the moneymen aren’t talking, everyone else is, and there’s some real steam arising from the whisper.

Had a yak to “Halloween 9” writer Jake Wade Wall a while back, about the film, and he did mention that a ‘big’ name was linked to the project. He hadn’t been told who it was, only that the guy considered himself both a ‘writer’ and a ‘director’, so he feared his script might be toyed with.

What Wade Wall says does seem to fit in with the rumour that Zombie has been approached to do the film. Zombie, after all, likes to wear all the hats on his movies.

If it is indeed Wade Wall’s script that’s being used for the film – and nobody knows for sure, because frankly, there’s been that many writers on the thing – it’ll chronicle ‘The Missing Years’ of Michael Myers’ life, centring mostly on his time at the Asylum.

But back to Zombie. It’s a radical move on The Weinstein Company’s behalf. Zombie’s not your everyday straight-up horror filmmaker. But, I guess they’ve tallied up the figures and realised there’s the possibility to roping in some different segments – the Zombie fans, the “Corpses” fans, and so on – by doing so. I would be interested to see what he does with the film. One thing’s for sure, it’s going to be bloody. Clot bloody.

(Just for the record, I see that the IMDB has some cast already listed for the film, including Lindy Booth, Billy Dee Williams (!), Rob Brown and Alexa Carter. Since I’ve heard nothing about any of those folks suiting up for a skirmish with Myers, don’t put too much stock into it. Likely BS).

MOVIEHOLE.net
Old 06-02-06, 10:41 PM
Banned by request

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
That would be cool. At this point, Halloween needs a drastic makeover, and Zombie could do it.
Old 06-02-06, 10:58 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I've hated Zombie's first two flicks, but I'm for this oddly enough. In his work I see the makings of what could one day become a great horror director.
Old 06-02-06, 11:53 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 239 Likes on 175 Posts
I hope it's better than Tarantino's Friday the 13th movie.
Old 06-03-06, 04:50 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Billy Dee Williams and Rob Zombie? I'm there.
Old 06-03-06, 06:10 AM
DVD Talk Legend

After seeing Busta Rhymes fight Michael Myers, I'm for letting Rob Zombie do any damn thing he wants to this project.
Old 06-03-06, 09:59 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I would actually appreciate if Zombie would do the script himself, or atleast give it a shake up. From H1kC to Devils Rejects, they was a huge step forward in dialogue, character development, tone, pacing, ect. Just a huge step. While tackling a weak franchise might not be the best next option for him, given him free reigns to do anything could be a GREAT move, especially if its this prequel/lost years thing.

If its a remake, and Rob is directing, I'll feel vastly let down. I was hoping for Rob to tackle an original idea (but I guess El Superbeasto is orginal for his animate film).
Old 06-03-06, 10:53 AM

i hope this is true, then this movie actulley might be good. The last entry in the series was terrible.
Old 06-03-06, 11:28 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 182 Likes on 122 Posts
If Rob takes the project I highly doubt anyone will be let down. We're talking Rob freakin' Zombie here folks, a guy who refuses to give in to the typical mainstream BS..........that is of course, depending on how much money he is offered
Old 06-03-06, 12:21 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

If that is indeed true, Akkad reached depths even I didn't think he would sink to. Rob Zombie is the least talented person allowed to make films, other than maybe Boll. He has not one speck of talent, in any aspect of filmmaking. Rob Zombie completely redefines the word hack. I refuse to even refer to him as a filmmaker.

I tried watching Devil's Reject, and it was some of the worst crap I've ever seen. This guy's idea of great cinematography is showing closeups of rotting teeth. Rob, I recommend you sit down and watch Carpenter's Halloween and The Thing if you want to see what real horror filmmaking is. I shudder to think where this guy is going to take Halloween. Best thing for them to do is stop making Halloween films. They should have ended after Halloween II.

Rant over.

If Rob takes the project I highly doubt anyone will be let down.
Guess again!
Old 06-03-06, 12:25 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Terrell
If that is indeed true, Akkad reached depths even I didn't think he would sink to.
I guess you don't know that he died 6 months ago in a terrorist bombing.
Old 06-03-06, 12:31 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I guess you don't know that he died 6 months ago in a terrorist bombing.
No, I didn't know that. Or I don't remember hearing about it. Sorry to hear it.
Old 06-04-06, 12:30 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 219 Likes on 175 Posts
According to Blabbermouth.

"I don't know how this story all got started but I AM NOT MAKING 'HALLOWEEN 9'."

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.