Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Fantastic Four II - June 15/07 (merged)

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Fantastic Four II - June 15/07 (merged)

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-06, 11:46 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fantastic Four II - June 15/07

Starts shooting in August.

Spoilers be here, and in the link:

Spoiler:

" The four of us learn that there are other people out there with superpowers, and the Silver Surfer appears as a villain/hero."

http://www.darkhorizons.com/news06/060601k.php
Old 06-01-06, 11:50 AM

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts
I'll be waiting with baited breath...
Old 06-01-06, 12:07 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Spoiler:
If Silver Surfer is in this and he is a villain first then becomes a hero, does that mean Galactus will be in the movie? Silver Surfer was originally his henchman until he turned against him. I would love to see Galactus on the big screen. Maybe that would make up for the first movie.
Old 06-01-06, 12:07 PM
Fok
DVD Talk Limited Edition

would be cool if they had cross overs to other movies, ie superman showing up.
Old 06-01-06, 12:09 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Fok
would be cool if they had cross overs to other movies, ie superman showing up.

Uh, Superman is a DC Comics character. Fantastic Four is Marvel Comics. That would be a very unlikely team-up. If Fantastic Four teams up with anyone, it would be the X-men, Avengers, or Spiderman.
Old 06-01-06, 12:53 PM

There have been crossovers before in comics. X-Men & Teen Titans, Spiderman & Superman, Batman & Spawn, Batman & Grendel, Batman & Judge Dread, Superman vs. Alien, Batman vs. Predator, to name a few. FF & Superman I doubt because FF belongs to Fox and Superman is WB, Spiderman is Sony. X-Men, maybe cause that is Fox, so is Daredevil. I don't think it matters if one superhero is from DC the other is from Marvel, I don't see Sony & WB getting together, or Fox & Sony, etc.
Old 06-01-06, 01:59 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
So they learned from X-men that if they pick a release date less than a year ahead and shoot around that they can easily make plenty of cash. I'm actually surprised they aren't trying to release it before Spider-man 3 just for shits and giggles.

Also,
Spoiler:
Yes, the Big G is pretty much a certain future enemy
Old 06-01-06, 02:37 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by Giles
I'll be waiting with baited breath...
Have a certs. I'll be waited with bated breath.
Old 06-01-06, 02:45 PM
HN
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 64 Likes on 39 Posts
Originally Posted by kvrdave
Have a certs. I'll be waited with bated breath.
grab a book. i'll be weighted with bated breath.
Old 06-01-06, 02:49 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts
CURSES!!!
Old 06-01-06, 02:57 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

cant wait I really liked the first one
Old 06-01-06, 03:01 PM

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts
oops - damn typo...
Old 06-01-06, 03:51 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by tdilia
There have been crossovers before in comics. X-Men & Teen Titans, Spiderman & Superman, Batman & Spawn, Batman & Grendel, Batman & Judge Dread, Superman vs. Alien, Batman vs. Predator, to name a few. FF & Superman I doubt because FF belongs to Fox and Superman is WB, Spiderman is Sony. X-Men, maybe cause that is Fox, so is Daredevil. I don't think it matters if one superhero is from DC the other is from Marvel, I don't see Sony & WB getting together, or Fox & Sony, etc.
Uh... Looked at any movie posters recently? Movie studios are increasingly working together. Titanic being the most notable example. They usually cofinance with distribution agreements differing - for Titanic, Paramount got U.S. distrib rights and Fox got int'l distrib rights. (It might've been the other way around, too, from what I remember... )
-ringding-
Old 06-01-06, 04:11 PM

I just hope Tim Story will be directing. He is to the Fantastic Four as Bryan Singer was to the X-Men. Hopefully, he will not leave to do Batman 6.
Old 06-01-06, 05:47 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by DrRingDing
Uh... Looked at any movie posters recently? Movie studios are increasingly working together. Titanic being the most notable example. They usually cofinance with distribution agreements differing - for Titanic, Paramount got U.S. distrib rights and Fox got int'l distrib rights. (It might've been the other way around, too, from what I remember... )
-ringding-
Doing a crossover of two franchises is only an option when both are dead - or nealy dead, and usually the crossover just kills them both.

Co-financing isn't a creative endevour, just a way to spread the costs around and minimize financial liabilities.
Old 06-01-06, 06:04 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,650 Likes on 1,031 Posts
Is Jessica Alba in it? Then I'll see it.

The first was pretty crappy but she overrides a great deal of the badness.
Old 06-01-06, 06:08 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Does Jessica Alba get nekkid in it and take it in various positions? Then I'll see it.
Old 06-02-06, 01:06 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by calhoun07
Does Jessica Alba get nekkid in it and take it in various positions? Then I'll see it.
That's essentially the only way Fox could possibly get me to cough up the cash to see this.
Old 06-02-06, 08:56 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,650 Likes on 1,031 Posts
Hell, I'd see it twice.
Old 06-02-06, 09:22 AM
DRG
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
You're confusing this with the adult film The Fantastic Whore.
Old 06-02-06, 09:36 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

If they are marketing these FF4 movies as more family-oriented, then the Silver Surfer/Galactus storyline is excellent for that purpose, since both Silver Surfer and Galactus aren't really that bad - Silver Surfer serves his master looking for planets, but will become the hero when he realizes that the Earth is not the edible kind once he discovers that Earthlings aren't all that bad. And Galactus, as in the comic, is not really good or evil, he's just trying to survive. So he may whoop some ass in the beginning but the Fantastic Four and the Silver Surfer will convince him to eventually leave Earth alone...If the movie had a good director and good story, it could actually be like a MIYAZAKI film - the villains aren't really that bad and no one dies... and the theme is about preserving life and nature....But I don't think Tim Story's gonna go that route...
Old 06-02-06, 09:38 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

first movie was vastly disappointing on all levels except for the Thing. Hope they get this one better but it sounds awesome.
Old 06-02-06, 09:53 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

So does this mean we are going to have to wait until next year to get a damn double disc of the first movie in R1?
Old 06-02-06, 12:06 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

We can also thank god for the existence of THE INCREDIBLES because due to the end of that movie, it's most likely that FF4 sequels will not use the lame villain, the MOLEMAN...

It would also be nice to throw in Impossible Man (maybe as a CGI character) and the skrulls too into the FF4 sequels...
Old 06-02-06, 12:09 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by DrRingDing
-ringding-
And that ended very badly. I worked at a National Amusements theater(NA is the company that owns Viacom, who owns Paramount), and we were very lucky to even get really big Fox releases. And when we did, it was for a limited time, and a lot of other little rules came with it. We weren't allowed to have them in the Director's hall and a lot of other asinine restrictions. And I believe that the Fox Searchlight stuff was completely off-limits. From what i was told about some people who were really high in the company that were there for our opening, it had to do with Titanic and Fox believing they should have had more profits. I have no idea the validity of all that, but i do know it was only had strict restrictions on Fox films.
I didn't really mind the first F4. I didn't start reading the book till Heroes Reborn, and the film wasn't too far off. I mean there were differences, but a lot of things were there. Ben's anger, Johnny's arrogance, Victor's jealously. I thought the ending was somewhat abrupt, and again the only origin I ever read was the reborn stuff, so i don't know how they did with Doom. In the comic he just shows up as Dr. Doom, but i'm not sure how they did it 40 years ago.
I'd really wanted a sequel for this one since we really didn't get too much of the hero's in the first one. I've always liked Silver Surfer as well, except when kicked the Green Lantern's butt in that cross over.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.