DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Movie Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/movie-talk-17/)
-   -   stupid thread that I can't think of a title for (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/movie-talk/467333-stupid-thread-i-cant-think-title.html)

marioxb 06-01-06 12:38 AM

stupid thread that I can't think of a title for

This is me being totally stupid and not making any sence, but here goes anyway.

I saw a cardboard thingie for Pirates of the Carribean 2 and it said "Davy Jones" on the top. At first I was thinking, the guy from the monkees? But, uh no it's the Davy Jones' Locker dealy.

So anyway, they should make movies where the actor and character are the same or something. Like this:

Davy Jones (from The Monkees) as Davy Jones (is the underwater Davy Jones an actual person, I really don't know) in "Davy Jones' Locker"

David Copperfield (the magician dude) as David Copperfield (the book dude)

Dr. Spock (the book dude) as Mr. Spock (the Star Trek dude)

Brendon Frazier as Dr. Frasier Crane

Jesse James (the motorcycle dude) as Jesse James (the cowboy dude) or cut him in half and he can play Jessie and James from Team Rocket in Pokemon

Balthazar Getty as Balthazar the demon from Charmed (he actually was in Charmed as someone else)

I like the Frasier episode with two Niles'es. Niles is in the hospital and his doctor is Niles from the Nanny (he played Niles on the Nanny, not sure what his real name or doctor character's name is)

Every time I saw the names in the credits "Kim Raver" and "Joaquim de Almeida" in the opening credits of 24, I always think of Jack's daugher Kim and Tony Almeida.

Dave Chappelle as Ryan Chappelle on 24.

Yes I know I am stupid..

MartinBlank 06-01-06 01:41 AM

Originally Posted by marioxb
Davy Jones (from The Monkees) as Davy Jones (is the underwater Davy Jones an actual person, I really don't know) in "Davy Jones' Locker"

David Bowie's real name

Jesse James (the motorcycle dude) as Jesse James (the cowboy dude) or cut him in half and he can play Jessie and James from Team Rocket in Pokemon

Pron actress Jesse Jane

Every time I saw the names in the credits "Kim Raver" and "Joaquim de Almeida" in the opening credits of 24, I always think of Jack's daugher Kim and Tony Almeida.

Same here, just the Almeida part

Yes I know I am stupid..

Join the club...we have a newsletter and everthing! :D

Hanging out tonight, this chick was all "I watched Crash this weekend, it was good" Me: Which one?

Drexl 06-01-06 05:33 AM

In The Green Mile, there is a character named Dean Stanton. Harry Dean Stanton is in the movie but does NOT play that character. That's disappointing.

Jaymole 06-01-06 07:19 AM

Tom Jones should have been cast in Tom Jones, not Albert Finney.

marioxb 06-01-06 07:59 AM

Casper Van Dien as Casper the ghost

GuessWho 06-01-06 11:06 AM

George Lucas as Greedo

The Infidel 06-01-06 11:15 AM

Brendon Frazier as Dr. Frasier Crane

It's Brendan "Fraser". I hear he's pretty sensitive about the "Frazier" pronunciation. ;)

slavetotherave 06-01-06 11:18 AM

In "The New World" I believe John Savage plays a guy named Savage.

Filmmaker 06-01-06 11:25 AM

It's a bit of a reach, but I always thought it was interesting that Sylvester Stallone played both of the foremost heroes of the '80s, and both characters' names started with an "R" and were five letters long (Rocky and Rambo).

TheMadMonk 06-01-06 11:30 AM

Reminds me of the "namesake series" books on tape (from Spinal Tap) with Danny Thomas reading "A Child’s Christmas in Wales" by Dylan Thomas, MacLean Stevenson reading "Treasure Island" by Robert Louis Stevenson, and basketball player Julius "Dr. J" Irving reading the shorter works of Washington Irving.

mndtrp 06-04-06 12:52 AM

Wow, think of how exciting movies about serial killers could become. The DVD extras could be worth killing for.

Venom 06-04-06 04:37 AM

paraphrased:

"do you want your grandma rotting away in some home, or do want her to meet Chuck Norris?"*

---Bill Hicks

*regarding using real humans in violet scenes vs. cgi/special effects.

marioxb 06-05-06 12:05 AM

It was pretty cool that Simon Wells directed a Time Machine which was written by his great grandfather H.G.

And also that Jason Scott Lee starred in Dragon: The Bruce Lee story (no relation).

Also from Prison Break for when I see the credit for Wentworth Miller I think of the character Westmoreland.

Faith Ford should have played Faith on "Hope and Faith" but she was Hope.

Kinda a different subject, but it's my post so I'll allow it :) Debra Messing was in Ned & Stacey and Will & Grace. Her character name was in the title in both series, and is almost the same name even. Gracie/ Stacey. Both shows are about a "couple" that aren't really a couple. And both shows are ___ and ___, where the guy's name is first and then the girl.

TheAllPurposeNothing 06-05-06 12:29 PM

Originally Posted by TheMadMonk
Reminds me of the "namesake series" books on tape (from Spinal Tap) with Danny Thomas reading "A Child’s Christmas in Wales" by Dylan Thomas, MacLean Stevenson reading "Treasure Island" by Robert Louis Stevenson, and basketball player Julius "Dr. J" Irving reading the shorter works of Washington Irving.

D*mn...beat me to it. First thing I thought of when reading this thread.

GuessWho 06-05-06 12:34 PM

The bad guy in Bill & Ted II, DeNomolos, is the movie's writer/co-producer's name spelled backards (Ed Solomon)

wendersfan 06-05-06 03:10 PM

Originally Posted by TheAllPurposeNothing
D*mn...beat me to it. First thing I thought of when reading this thread.

Me too. :)

PopcornTreeCt 06-05-06 03:57 PM

Jack Nicholoson occasionally plays characters named Jack. Including Jack Napier in Batman.

GuessWho 06-05-06 04:28 PM

Bob Newhart played Bob Newhart.

Boot 06-05-06 10:27 PM

Larry David

marioxb 06-05-06 11:55 PM

Originally Posted by GuessWho
Bob Newhart played Bob Newhart.

He did? I know he was in The Bob Newhart show as Bob Hartley and Newhart as Dick Louden (and Bob Hartley in the last episode).