Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Pixar's "Ratatouille" Teaser

Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Pixar's "Ratatouille" Teaser

Old 05-01-07, 05:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
WOW!! up untill now I really thought this would be PIXARS STINKER!!! Man had this changed my mind...cant wait to see it now!!!
Old 05-01-07, 07:51 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 61 Likes on 50 Posts
Originally Posted by danstheday
WOW!! up untill now I really thought this would be PIXARS STINKER!!! Man had this changed my mind...cant wait to see it now!!!
They just finished their stinker, they should be back on track w/ this.
Old 05-01-07, 09:37 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts
IMO, Pixar has yet to have a stinker. This movie just keeps their streak going. I'm very much looking forward to it.
Old 05-02-07, 09:22 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by TomOpus
IMO, Pixar has yet to have a stinker. This movie just keeps their streak going. I'm very much looking forward to it.
what he said.
Old 05-02-07, 09:25 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

This really looks like it is Pixar's best film yet. Besides the fact that it was visually gorgeous, the directing was great, and the story is really intriguing.

I can't wait until this comes out.
Old 05-02-07, 10:27 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Drop
This really looks like it is Pixar's best film yet. Besides the fact that it was visually gorgeous, the directing was great, and the story is really intriguing.
Agreed.. but I'm really interested in culinary arts so I may have a bias.
Old 05-02-07, 10:38 AM

Received 27 Likes on 20 Posts
This doesn't look good to me at all. Could be great, though, I'll give it a chance. But I'm wondering if people would still be creaming themselves over it if it didn't have the Pixar name?
Old 05-02-07, 10:47 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Groucho
This doesn't look good to me at all. Could be great, though, I'll give it a chance. But I'm wondering if people would still be creaming themselves over it if it didn't have the Pixar name?
If it was the exact same movie/trailer? I would for sure.. but I'd probably need some coaxing to check it out if it had another company's name over it. Actually, I'd probably have checked it out due to Brad Bird's name.
Old 05-02-07, 10:56 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

The art is enough to make me highly anticipate it. Looking at the animation just shows me how much care is being put into the film. Plus from that 9 minute clip it looks like some interesting things are being done with the plot and characters.

I've liked CG films from other companies, I'm not strictly a Pixar guy, but Pixar is the best, and it's always been apparant by how they approach their films, they constantly reiterate the importance of the story. They haven't dissappointed me yet.
Old 05-04-07, 01:00 PM

Yeah I AM a Pixar fan but even if I wasn't, well, i would think just about anyone would admit that it's looking like an outstanding movie.
Old 05-04-07, 03:47 PM

Received 27 Likes on 20 Posts
I guess I've fallen from the Pixar tree. I can remember my disenchantment clearly, and the feeling of my heart breaking. The exact moment? When Mater said "Get 'er done!"
Old 05-04-07, 04:51 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

I can't wait until this comes out.
Yes, this is going to be a classic.
Old 05-05-07, 12:11 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Looks really great, a very original story with stunning animation and cinemtaography. Doesn't come out here until August but I'll look forward to it.
Old 05-05-07, 08:05 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Have they worked out a promotional tie-in with Taco Bell yet?
Old 05-05-07, 11:41 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by marty888
Have they worked out a promotional tie-in with Taco Bell yet?
Maybe have an option of getting your plastic rat wrapped inside the burrito

Seriously, if they actually did a promotion, I would totally go to a Taco Bell for the first time in years. I would love to see Disney get a little less stuffy and PC.
Old 05-06-07, 06:20 PM
BDB
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I was surprised to see very little stuff around yet for Ratatouille.

toy story 3 is the 2010 film from pixar I heard..
Old 05-06-07, 09:13 PM

I'm not one too get too sappy over every animated animal, but that shot of Remy right at the beginning of the clip really is just too cute
Old 06-12-07, 07:10 AM
DVD Talk Legend

If you have a TiVo, there's 9 minutes worth of scenes from this movie available in the Showcase area this week.
Old 06-12-07, 07:56 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I wasnt sure about this one, but after the 9 minutes that I watched on Tivo's showcase the movie looks fantastic. cant wait.
Old 06-12-07, 11:40 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 113 Likes on 79 Posts
I agree with everything you said except the intriguing story. I'm sue there's more to it than "rat helps boy become famous chef" but that just doesn't seem like a very strong story to me, seems awful predictable to me.

I'll still see this when it comes out but I'm not terribly enthusiastic at this point. The animation looks truly stunning though.
Old 06-12-07, 03:59 PM
BDB
DVD Talk Legend

our friend who works at Pixar says this is stunning, she has recently rewatched Monsters inc, and says the animation in Rat is so far beyond Monsters, which I personally thought was amazing, Sully's Fur was so good.

Am really looking forward to catching this.

mrs bdb has been over to pixar and seen a lot of the artwork etc, and I saw some really early scenes of it last year when we met a bunch of the animators.
Old 06-12-07, 07:47 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I guess I've fallen from the Pixar tree. I can remember my disenchantment clearly, and the feeling of my heart breaking. The exact moment? When Mater said "Get 'er done!"

Agreed. Hopefully they can bounce back with this one. Everything on it looks good so far.
Old 06-12-07, 08:00 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by GoldenJCJ
I agree with everything you said except the intriguing story. I'm sue there's more to it than "rat helps boy become famous chef" but that just doesn't seem like a very strong story to me, seems awful predictable to me.
To be fair, all of their movies are fairly predictable. But I don't look for some big twists and turns in a Pixar film, even though they will toss in a fun twist from time to time. I love the journey they take us on that eventually leads to an ending we all feel good about. Jaw-dropping animation, colorful characters and laugh-out-loud humor makes the predictability almost a non-issue.
Old 06-13-07, 05:07 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Pixar has always done right by me. I'll be seeing this one for sure.

Besides, I like cooking.
Old 06-13-07, 06:54 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Now having seen the 9 minute preview, I've gone from "m'eh" to "can't wait".

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.