Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

First seven minutes of X3 on May 11th before "That 70's Show" retrospective

Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Old 04-20-06, 03:29 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)

As I was posting this in the X3 thread, I came to the conclusion that there might be some who aren't reading that long ass thread on a constant basis*. Personally, I can't wait to hear Lohan's reflective thoughts on Wilmer's conversation with Howard . So, here's a headsup for you lazy bastards..
On May 11, Fox will air That '70s Show: The Final Goodbye, an 83-minute retrospective featuring interviews with cast members and such guest stars as Bruce Willis, Brooke Shields (not while nursing, I hope) and Lindsay Lohan.

*It starts at 8:37 pm/ET, following a seven-minute preview of X-Men: The Last Stand, a matchup that was obviously conceived as a provocative contrast of temporal themes and motifs.
* Hey, even I don't read every new post.
Old 04-20-06, 03:36 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by Rogue588
As I was posting this in the X3 thread, I came to the conclusion that there might be some who aren't reading that long ass thread on a constant basis*. Personally, I can't wait to hear Lohan's reflective thoughts on Wilmer's conversation with Howard . So, here's a headsup for you lazy bastards..
* Hey, even I don't read every new post.
If it's in high def, I'll tune in. Otherwise, I'll just wait until it's inevitably posted online.
Old 04-20-06, 04:16 PM

Thanks for the heads-up!
Old 04-20-06, 04:18 PM
Banned

Eek. I don't know how i feel about stuff like this. Thanks for the news. I guess I just prefer to see the whole movie for the first time in theaters.
Old 04-22-06, 11:25 AM
Banned

I can't wait! As long as there's no dead rapper references in it, it'll be cool, I'm sure.
Old 04-22-06, 12:12 PM

"Seven-minute preview" may not mean the first seven minutes of the movie. This may be a seven minute trailer.
Old 04-22-06, 04:04 PM

Originally Posted by fryinpan1
"Seven-minute preview" may not mean the first seven minutes of the movie. This may be a seven minute trailer.
Agreed. Wasn't there such a preview for Batman Begins during a broadcast of Smallville?
Old 04-22-06, 07:11 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

For a while in 2004 a lot of movies were airing their first 10 minutes on tv, it seemed like a quite popular practice at the time (I remember they did it with Dawn of the Dead 2004), but then it stopped.
Old 05-11-06, 07:41 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
meh.

it wasn't the first 7 minutes, but...I don't know. i'll have to check it out again later..
Old 05-11-06, 09:52 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I really liked the shot of
Spoiler:
Kitty Pryde dragging Juggernaut into the ground and then appearing in front of him.

I've always been in the camp of "let's wait to judge" and I wasn't dissuaded, but I'm sure Brett Ratner managed to rape at least a few peoples childhoods in those 7 minutes, so lets hear it.
Old 05-11-06, 10:39 PM

Is this on YouTube or whatever yet?
Old 05-11-06, 10:45 PM
DVD Talk Legend

After seeing the clip I'm not exactly "excited" to see X3 but I feel a lot beter about it. Nothing "wow!" but nothing too bad either. I will see it in the theaters.

Spoiler:
Magnito's army looked hella cool, though
Old 05-12-06, 03:35 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
Originally Posted by clemente
I really liked the shot of
Spoiler:
Kitty Pryde dragging Juggernaut into the ground and then appearing in front of him.

I've always been in the camp of "let's wait to judge" and I wasn't dissuaded, but I'm sure Brett Ratner managed to rape at least a few peoples childhoods in those 7 minutes, so lets hear it.

Part of me wants to say that Juggernaut should be dead since in an issue of Astonishing X-men Kitty was phasing with Emma and made it known that if she let go of her emma's molecules would have fused with the wall.

But then the whole topic on that brought up a situation where Thor fought Excalibur in the 90's. The cliffhanger to the issue was that Shadowcat phases him through the ground. She then tells him he'll never get out. The strange part of all that is Excalibur only fought Thor because they were under a hex that made them think they were fighting juggernaut..

Old 05-12-06, 03:53 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Originally Posted by Jackskeleton
Part of me wants to say that Juggernaut should be dead since in an issue of Astonishing X-men Kitty was phasing with Emma and made it known that if she let go of her emma's molecules would have fused with the wall.

But then the whole topic on that brought up a situation where Thor fought Excalibur in the 90's. The cliffhanger to the issue was that Shadowcat phases him through the ground. She then tells him he'll never get out. The strange part of all that is Excalibur only fought Thor because they were under a hex that made them think they were fighting juggernaut..

I remember that. Well, Thor IS/was a God.

But, yeah, he should be dead. Kinda like Kurt "Bamfing!" into a solid object..
Old 05-12-06, 03:55 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Originally Posted by dogmatica
Is this on YouTube or whatever yet?
Not YouTube, but HERE .
Old 05-12-06, 08:30 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Liked that fox broadcast it in HD, the footage looked awesome, but some of the scenes they showed really left me cold. I know they trimmed some stuff within the scenes, but the editing was off to me (even in scenes where clearly, they hadn't cut stuff out for broadcast) and I'm not sure how I feel about the whole Angel scene... the end was kind of cool, but... My doubts were not eased by the footage. I'm still there opening night, but my hopes have been kept in check.

MATT
Old 05-12-06, 08:44 AM

Yay!
Old 05-12-06, 09:35 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I'm ready to see it now!
Old 05-12-06, 09:52 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Grammer makes a great Beast. Sometimes his voice is very obvious, other times his distinctive tone disappears.

Morlocks, Juggernaut, Kitty, Angel.....
Old 05-12-06, 10:36 AM
DVD Talk Legend

i will be there opening night....
Old 05-12-06, 11:31 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Other than the action sequences which really do look top notch, the rest of the film looks like shit.

My expectations are very low, but I am going to be pissed regardless if this doesn't live up to the quality Singer established with the first two films.
Old 05-12-06, 12:03 PM

http://thelaststand.dell.com.edgesui...eek/large.html

looks great
Old 05-12-06, 12:05 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: the kingdom of the evil Voratians, ruled by the wicked Ak-Oga
Originally Posted by Chew
Grammer makes a great Beast. Sometimes his voice is very obvious, other times his distinctive tone disappears.
It's kind of like Beast is being played by Sideshow Bob.
Old 05-12-06, 12:14 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by DeputyDave
After seeing the clip I'm not exactly "excited" to see X3 but I feel a lot beter about it. Nothing "wow!" but nothing too bad either. I will see it in the theaters.

Spoiler:
Magnito's army looked hella cool, though
My feelings as well. I'll see it opening weekend.
Old 05-12-06, 12:43 PM

Wow. I really am amazed t how people can color their perceptions of a movie based on the fact that Ratner directed it. He may be an annoyingly obnoxious person, but I didn't see anything in those 7 minutes that looked bad or indicated that the movie was going to suck.

At a minimum, it looks to be on the level of the first X-Men movie.

Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.