Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Most GRUESOME Freddy Krueger / Jason / Michael Myers killing?

Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Old 04-20-06, 01:25 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

SPOILERS of course...

I was just wondering what you horror buffs consider to be the most GRUESOME of Freddy's / Jason's / and Michael's killings?

In other words, which victim of theirs had it the worst?

You could also ask, which of their killings was the most spectacular?

For me:

Freddy's: most painful and most gruesome: PART 3: DREAM WARRIORS - Freddy takes out a dude's arm and leg tendons and plays him like a puppet for 5 agonizing minutes

Jason's - THE FINAL CHAPTER - Crispin Glover has it the worst. Corkscrew through his hand in the kitchen, and while he's got that pain to go through, Jason takes a meat cleaver to his face.

Michael's: HALLOWEEN II: The hot-tub sequence. Slowly having your face burned off.

Well, think about this and have a pleasant day!
Old 04-20-06, 01:39 PM

Freddy:In new nightmare when the babysitter gets killed in the hospital the exact same way Tina got killed in part 1. That would be so bad, because its something they have already witnessed in the movie which was a bad kill to begin with and it is even worse happening to you in real life.

Jason: In Jason goes to Hell when the 2 campers are having sex and get split in half.

Michael: When Michael Kills his sister Judith Myers at age 6. I mean come on getting killed is bad enough but getting killed by your little brother.
Old 04-20-06, 05:03 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

I don 't know about most gruesome the FUNNIEST to me right off the top of my head was when Jason grabbed some bitch in her sleeping bag, dragged her outside kicking and screaming, then promptly swung her and the bag like baseball bat against a rock killing her. I saw that and laughed my ass off!!!
Old 04-20-06, 05:09 PM
DRG
DVD Talk Legend

Freddy - Johnny Depp's character in the original. He gets sucked into the bed and is shot out as a flood of blood (or was he liquified as well?)... either way it seems like it'd be uncomfortable.

Jason - In part 3, the guy who is walking on his hands and gets a machete between the legs.

Halloween - The paramedic in part four who gets his head smashed into the ambulance door, then has Mikey's thumb shoved through his forehead. Double painage.
Old 04-20-06, 05:26 PM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

Originally Posted by Giantrobo
I don 't know about most gruesome the FUNNIEST to me right off the top of my head was when Jason grabbed some bitch in her sleeping bag, dragged her outside kicking and screaming, then promptly swung her and the bag like baseball bat against a rock killing her. I saw that and laughed my ass off!!!
i thought that was a dream sequence or holo-chamber from either "Jason X" or "Freddy vs. Jason" ?

best Jason is either the extended cut of
Spoiler:
his mom
sticking the arrow through Kevin Bacon.
or when he nitro-freezes the girl's face and then smashes it in "Jason X"

Freddy: anyone in "Dream Warriors"
Old 04-20-06, 05:58 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

My favorite Jason kill took place in Friday The 13th Part VIII, with the black guy on the roof. I don't know why, but every time I watch it, I always feel like the end result will be different

The dude unloads everything he's got. Punch after punch...and just as Jason is one punch away from falling off the edge, the guy, extremely exhausted, asks Jason to give him his best shot.

1 punch later, and the guy's head falls on the car of his classmates
Old 04-20-06, 06:05 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by scott1598
i thought that was a dream sequence or holo-chamber from either "Jason X" or "Freddy vs. Jason" ?
That was a holo sequence that was played for laughs in Jason X, but was originally a death in Part VII. They had filmed Jason hitting the bag into the tree like 5 times, each time more blood and body parts exploding from the bag but the MPAA made them cut it to one hit. I would say most of Jason's kills in their uncut form are more gruesome than NOES and Halloween. Come on Paramount!!
Old 04-20-06, 06:23 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Thanks Rock. I'm not a huge fan of these moives but over the years you see bits and pieces. Like i said, that scene was too funny.
Old 04-20-06, 06:45 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

The puppet death in Dream Warriors for Freddy

Michael Myers in Halloween 5 when he takes that little claw thing and slams it into the douchebag's face. It was the guy who loved his car...

Jason - in Part II when the cop gets the hammer in the face. The hammer just sticks in and just looks sooo painful..
Old 04-20-06, 08:14 PM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

Originally Posted by Rockmjd23
That was a holo sequence that was played for laughs in Jason X, but was originally a death in Part VII. They had filmed Jason hitting the bag into the tree like 5 times, each time more blood and body parts exploding from the bag but the MPAA made them cut it to one hit. I would say most of Jason's kills in their uncut form are more gruesome than NOES and Halloween. Come on Paramount!!
so these scenes are in that huge box set huh? i too thought the scene was funny in "X", but to see it like that would be just awesome!

Last edited by OldBoy; 04-20-06 at 08:17 PM.
Old 04-20-06, 08:15 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I liked in the Dream Warriors when the D & D kid tries to use magic to defeat Freddy and he just says, "I don't believe in that shit!" and kills him .
Old 04-20-06, 08:51 PM

"in the name of lorrig prince of elves demon be gone.
Old 04-20-06, 09:05 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by scott1598
so these scenes are in that huge box set huh? i too thought the scene was funny in "X", but to see it like that would be just awesome!
I don't actually own the box set. I have all of them individualy. I believe there is some uncut footage as an extra feature, but not sure.
Old 04-20-06, 11:41 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Brain Stew
I liked in the Dream Warriors when the D & D kid tries to use magic to defeat Freddy and he just says, "I don't believe in that shit!" and kills him .

That was a great one. I liked the flaming machete from Freddy vs Jason.
Old 04-21-06, 12:57 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by GameGenie
Jason: In Jason goes to Hell when the 2 campers are having sex and get split in half.
Originally Posted by DRG
Jason - In part 3, the guy who is walking on his hands and gets a machete between the legs.

The frozen face smash from Jason X and I can't remember which Friday it was but it's the scene where Jason wraps a leather strap around a dudes head AND around a tree and tightens the strap with a stick....slow, painful, brutal death.
Old 04-21-06, 06:47 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by DRG
That's the one that came to mind right away for me!
Old 04-21-06, 06:52 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by MartinBlank
I can't remember which Friday it was but it's the scene where Jason wraps a leather strap around a dudes head AND around a tree and tightens the strap with a stick....slow, painful, brutal death.
Part V
Old 04-21-06, 08:42 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Rockmjd23
Part V
So...technically not Jason. I remember that the Jason Voorhees copycat in this movie committed some pretty gruesome deaths (gardening shears to the eyes, anyone?) and managed to rack up more kills in Part 5 than Jason had in any of his previous films.
Old 04-21-06, 10:52 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

One movie, Jason shoves a person onto a end of a broken tree branch. I thought that was pretty nasty.
Old 04-21-06, 10:59 AM
Banned

For sheer elegance, I think this scene was in Halloween 2. This nurse is walking up some victimís body on a gurney and she notices the floor is slick with blood.

*squeak!* She slips and cracks her head on the ground.

Myers wasnít even in the room and he scores a bonus one.
Old 04-21-06, 12:30 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Whichever number it was, in Jason Takes Manhattan he drowns the older guy by sticking him upside down in a barrel of disgusting, stagnant water. That's a nasty one to me.
Old 04-21-06, 05:29 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Meglos
So...technically not Jason. I remember that the Jason Voorhees copycat in this movie committed some pretty gruesome deaths (gardening shears to the eyes, anyone?) and managed to rack up more kills in Part 5 than Jason had in any of his previous films.
Yes, part 5 was nasty, in terms of violence and sex...part 6 was less serious, almost humorous, and Jason managed to kill 1 more person than the copycat did.
Old 04-22-06, 05:25 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

i was thinking the person in a sleeping bag, i skipped most above posts, but saw it mentioned. i thought Jason banged the person against a tree. i was thinking as i read OP's post that this could of been the most brutal. but the poster bringing it up mentioned that they found it funny. i can't recall my first recation to seeing it, but after that possible suggestion, it most likely was funny.

which kinda brings me to this point, what do you mean by gruesome? i am unsure if you mean "by theory," ie, off screen or implied, or shown on screen and really gorey, ie, good FX.

while pondering that, in 1st, or was it 2nd? F13th, kevin bacon's death i found to be gruesome. although i think it was mainly due to the really good sfx.
Old 04-22-06, 11:11 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by Kudama
For sheer elegance, I think this scene was in Halloween 2. This nurse is walking up some victimís body on a gurney and she notices the floor is slick with blood.

*squeak!* She slips and cracks her head on the ground.

Myers wasnít even in the room and he scores a bonus one.

Actually, that was Jimmy the paramedic.

Another wince inducing F13th kill was the guy in Part IV who has a spear gun shoved up his nuts from below. He is lifted in the air & then has the spear shot up in him.

Funniest death has to be the "Oh god he's killing me!" from Part IV...what a wuss that guy was
Old 04-22-06, 11:33 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by jeffkjoe
Freddy's: most painful and most gruesome: PART 3: DREAM WARRIORS - Freddy takes out a dude's arm and leg tendons and plays him like a puppet for 5 agonizing minutes
First thing I thought of when I saw the thread title -- Ugh!! So gross!!!!

Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.