Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Behind the Mask: The Rise of Leslie Vernon

Old 03-19-06, 04:05 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Behind the Mask: The Rise of Leslie Vernon

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0437857/

If you're a horror fan, please please go see this movie whenever you get a chance.

-JP
Old 03-19-06, 10:11 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

as a horror fan, i'm curious, why should I go?
Old 03-19-06, 02:38 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Because of it's extremely original screenplay (don't let the similarities to "Man Bites Dog" convince you that this movie is a rip-off...they're entirely different from one another). This movie is inventive, something that we see far too little of in today's cinema. It's not set in our world, it's set in a world where you could hop on a plane and fly to Metropolis. Where you could give Freddy Krueger, Indiana Jones and Rocky a call and organize a card game. Most importantly, it's downright hilarious in the way it deconstructs and picks apart the horror genre. If you're a horror fan, I promise you'll find something to love in this film.

http://www.aint-it-cool-news.com/display.cgi?id=22718

There's a review of the movie that was posted on AICN. It's the piece that originally got me interested in seeing the movie at SXSW...so if you need a bit more detail about the movie before you're convinced that it's worth your time, feel free to give that article a once-over.

-JP