Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

I need Miyazaki advice

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

I need Miyazaki advice

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-06, 03:30 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
I have a 6 week old son and I can't wait until he's old enough to watch his movies. I wished I was younger when I first saw his movies. I was 19 or so when I go into his stuff.
Old 03-11-06, 11:09 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by DaTimster
I own one of his films; "Princess Mononoke". I'm thinking about using the '2 for $34' deal at Best Buy next week and picking up "Howl's Moving Castle" along with either "Whisper of the Heart" or "My Neighbor Totoro".

Which is the better film? My kids are very into Disney feature animation, and I want to introduce them to something different. I have an 8yr old daughter and a 5yr old son. I don't want to end up with something at the level of say "Barney" as I fear Totoro may be (and forgive my ignorance if I'm way off).

Opinions appreciated, thanks
1) Thanks for cluing me into the deal . . . I had missed it until this thread (I picked up H'sMC and MNT today).

2) So . . . uh . . . what'd you end up getting?