Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Movie tracking calendar generating type website?

Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Old 02-27-06, 10:00 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

About once every 9 months, I wander to the IMDB and read through the short synopses @ http://www.imdb.com/nowplaying/ for every movie with a scheduled release date and on occasion, I have been know to make a list of everything I want to see. That seems like one step too many to me.

It would be a wonderful if there was a website which offered the same synopses yet also allowed you to check off the movies you were interested in. It could then generate a basic calendar, a file to import into outlook/sunbird, a checklist, whatever. Hell, it could also email you if one of the dates changed and provide you with a revised schedule.

Seems like a pretty basic request to me ... does such a thing exist? Or have I just given away my million dollar patentable idea?
Old 02-28-06, 05:45 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Even if no such thing exists, someone should at least tell me that they too long for the same thing or that I'm a nut. Either way.
Old 02-28-06, 06:11 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'd use it.

Old 03-04-06, 05:33 PM
Cool New Member

I check the list of theatrical releases every week and add the ones that I want to see to my netflix queue. That is a great way to keep track of the movies that you want to see.
Old 03-05-06, 11:45 AM

Everytime I hear about, watch a trailer etc, of a movie I want to see I add it to my "movies to see" spreadsheet. Periodically I will add them all to my netflix queue.