DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Movie Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/movie-talk-17/)
-   -   Worst Film of 2006...thus far... (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/movie-talk/456382-worst-film-2006-thus-far.html)

Tarantino 02-19-06 02:01 AM

Worst Film of 2006...thus far...

What do you think is the worst movie of 2006, just two months into the year?

I've got to throw a vote in for Bloodrayne...not that I've seen it, but hell...it's a Uwe Boll flick.

= J

tofu 02-19-06 02:24 AM

I would say Pink Panther since its horrid but I really like Emily Mortimer so I'll vote for Big Mama's House 2. Martin Lawrence stopped being funny a long long time ago.

Fincher Fan 02-19-06 02:51 AM

Originally Posted by tofu
Martin Lawrence stopped being funny a long long time ago.

That incorrectly implies he was funny to begin with.

NatrlBornThrllr 02-19-06 03:17 AM

Bloodrayne got my vote, not because I felt like joining in on the mass hatred of Boll, but because it's the only movie of the bunch that I've seen, and it was absolutely horrid (though, I saw it way back in November or so, so thankfully the pain has died down a bit and I've since stopped waking up in the middle of the night in a cold sweat, screaming, and bleeding from the eyes and ears).

-JP

Matthew Chmiel 02-19-06 04:06 AM

With the exception of Hostel, Final Destination 3, and Curious George; everything to be released this year so far sucks.

WAY TO GO HOLLYWOOD! :thumbsup:

dcprules 02-19-06 04:24 AM

Wow, I haven't seen any of these (though I do have a free Firewall ticket I need to use). Granted, I haven't seen much this year aside from The New World and some remaining 05 flicks to catch up on. I am REALLY looking forward to March. Not because a ton of awesome flicks are coming out, but they look so much better than the garbage that is currently out I'll take it. Man I hate the post-Christmas movie season!

mdc3000 02-19-06 06:25 AM

Originally Posted by Matthew Chmiel
With the exception of Hostel, Final Destination 3, and Curious George; everything to be released this year so far sucks.

The only 3 movies I've liked so far in 2006 as well. I voted FIREWALL, as my undying hatred for that movie continues on... if the next few months don't see a turn in the movie tide, then the people greenlighting these pieces of shit should retire and let me and my friends take over....

MATT

T1000 02-19-06 06:38 AM

Date Movie. Followed by Blood Rayne.

FantasticVSDoom 02-19-06 09:26 AM

Wow...I havent seen any of those movies, so I feel special. Going by just trailers though, my vote goes to Date Movie.

matome 02-19-06 10:24 AM

Date Movie

dhmac 02-19-06 11:48 AM

I haven't yet seen any 2006 movies yet. That's because after starting 2005 with Electra, I wanted to make sure I didn't start another movie year off on the wrong foot.

Mr. Cinema 02-19-06 02:16 PM

January and February have been traditional dumping grounds for all the crap. It's not surprising most of what's been released has been bad. They've been doing this for years............................

FinkPish 02-19-06 02:21 PM

Originally Posted by Mr. Cinema
January and February have been traditional dumping grounds for all the crap. It's not surprising most of what's been released has been bad. They've been doing this for years............................

Seriously. Making a "worst of" list now is just going to result in this ridiculous panic that everything sucks, and Hollywood is going down the tubes.

DRG 02-19-06 03:02 PM

Of those, I've seen:
Freedomland
Annapolis
Firewall
When A Stranger Calls

From that group I'd say I liked Freedomland the least.

NatrlBornThrllr 02-19-06 03:20 PM

I've heard mostly positive things about Eight Below.

-JP

PopcornTreeCt 02-19-06 03:47 PM

I think Jan/Feb are a good time to catch up on the good movies of last year. I recently saw Match Point and Capote and both were great.

Libby 02-19-06 03:56 PM

date movie, havent dared to see the other ones yet.

digitalfreaknyc 02-19-06 04:20 PM

Was Hostel a 2006 movie? huh. Why wasn't it included? I would've voted for that in a second.

NatrlBornThrllr 02-19-06 05:18 PM

Originally Posted by digitalfreaknyc
Was Hostel a 2006 movie? huh. Why wasn't it included? I would've voted for that in a second.

Because you honestly think it was that much worse than the other movies on the list, or because you're just trying to spark some bickering?

-JP

Seantn 02-19-06 05:22 PM

Well, maybe, JUST MAYBE, he has an opinion of his own and thinks that Hostel wasn't a good film. Maybe i'm way off on this one.

NatrlBornThrllr 02-19-06 05:25 PM

Thanks for that insightful observation, fella. Hence my fucking question: does he hoenstly think it's that much worse than Big Momma's House 2 and Bloodrayne (that he'd "vote for it in a second" over those titles and ones like them)?

-JP

Seantn 02-19-06 05:43 PM

Right. Well, since he stated it initially, that probably means he thinks it is worse.

NatrlBornThrllr 02-19-06 05:49 PM

What are you, his spokesman? If you could let him answer the question that I asked him instead of spouting off on his behalf, that'd be just great, thanks.

-JP

The Cow 02-19-06 05:49 PM

Originally Posted by NatrlBornThrllr
Because you honestly think it was that much worse than the other movies on the list, or because you're just trying to spark some bickering?

-JP

If it were on the list, I would have to vote that way too, because similar to your vote, that would be the only one on the list I have seen.

I cannot imagine some of those movies being better, though.

NatrlBornThrllr 02-19-06 05:52 PM

Originally Posted by The Cow
If it were on the list, I would have to vote that way too, because similar to your vote, that would be the only one on the list I have seen.

I cannot imagine some of those movies being better, though.

Fair enough. I've got no problem with somebody disliking the movie...it's nowhere near my favorites list, I just don't see how it could possibly be considered an automatic vote by anybody who has seen a handful of the movies on that list (I say this based solely on what I've read about, and the previews I've seen of, most of those movies).

-JP