Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

In Heaven - everything is fine.

Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Old 02-09-06, 10:21 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just got finished watching ERASERHEAD, and im quite sure it is the most bizarre film ive ever seen in my entire life. If you havent seen this yet, its essentially a nightmare world where everyting is just weird, and creepy, and just plain.. . . weird.

It tickles some part of your subconscious brain that is used to things making sense and being comfortable and explainable. This movie has NONE of that. Every single thing in the movie makes your mind want to go WTF !?

What are your thoughts on this film? What does it all mean. What do the characters mean - are they symbols for something? And what about the pencil making machine - WTF !!?!?!?!???

Great film. I dont know what to say about it, but it definately will scramble your brain for a bit. Definately a must see if you havent picked it up yet, i got it at best buy.
Old 02-09-06, 10:30 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
It is a great film. Really captured what dreams are like.

For me, it seemed to be about the fears of being and adult and a parent; meeting your girlfriend's family, getting married, infidelity, having problems with your baby, etc.

I'm not quite sure about the eraser machine, though. Maybe it's a guilt thing.
Old 02-09-06, 10:42 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
One of the greatest films of all time. David Lynch is an incredibly underrated filmmaker.
Old 02-09-06, 11:03 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I picked it up as a blind buy a few days ago. I plan on watching it this weekend.