DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Movie Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/movie-talk-17/)
-   -   ----Jean Claude Van Damme movies!----- (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/movie-talk/454707-jean-claude-van-damme-movies.html)

JTp8ntball 02-04-06 12:06 PM

----Jean Claude Van Damme movies!-----

The only movies I saw with him were "Maximum Risk", "Universal Soilder". I thought both movies were awesome. Of course I love action movies, but these movies deliverd. My friend suggested "From Hell". I want to see that, does anyone suggest others?

JT

BuddyRevell 02-04-06 12:10 PM

Dude,

Bloodsport, Kickboxer, Hard Target, Double Impact, Lion Heart, and Time Cop. I'd check it out Replicant as well. He plays a really cool bad guy in that movie.

Ghostface180 02-04-06 02:10 PM

Sudden Death, Hard Target and Timecop are my personal favorites. Double Team is pretty bad, but its a guilty pleasure of mine.

Maxflier 02-04-06 02:15 PM

Wake of Death is his newest movie available, it was ok, nothing great.
I would recommend:
Timecop
In Hell
Hard Target
Replicant
The Order
Lionheart
Knock Off
Nowhere to Run
Double Team
Double Impact
Sudden Death

Hell, i could go on and on, but of course i am a HUGE Van Damme fan.

Slayer2005 02-04-06 02:16 PM

If you're a fan of those then you will LOVE almost all of these: Blood Sport, Hard Target, Lion Heart, Time Cop, Double Impact and Sudden Death.

bballing 02-04-06 03:01 PM

My Van Damme rankings. His top 6 films in my mind.

1. Kickboxer (must see)
2. Lionheart (maybe his best film, excellent fights and quotes)
3. Double Impact (comedy and action like you wouldnt believe)
4. Hard Target (great action, great villains)
5. Bloodsport (his most famous film, considered a classic by many)
6. Universal Soldier (Van Damme and Lundgren team up)

everything else he made is far off from these 6 in my opinion.

Make sure you check out Double Impact Criterion.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6.../sm_double.jpg

William Fuld 02-04-06 03:54 PM

Is Van Damme still popular in Europe? In Caché the teenaged son character has a big Van Damme poster up in his room.

DeanoBKN 02-04-06 05:20 PM

I liked Sudden Death. That's about it for my Van Damme movies.

Tarantino 02-04-06 05:32 PM

I freaking love Van Damme. I'm still waiting for widescreen versions of Sudden Death and Timecop (R1).

= J

bballing 02-04-06 05:54 PM

Originally Posted by Dean Kousoulas
I liked Sudden Death. That's about it for my Van Damme movies.

How? Why? Are you a huge hockey fan or something? Everything about that film, from action to acting to story, is a giant step down from his best films.

BuddyRevell 02-04-06 06:15 PM

Originally Posted by bballing
My Van Damme rankings. His top 6 films in my mind.

1. Kickboxer (must see)
2. Lionheart (maybe his best film, excellent fights and quotes)
3. Double Impact (comedy and action like you wouldnt believe)
4. Hard Target (great action, great villains)
5. Bloodsport (his most famous film, considered a classic by many)
6. Universal Soldier (Van Damme and Lundgren team up)

everything else he made is far off from these 6 in my opinion.

Make sure you check out Double Impact Criterion.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6.../sm_double.jpg

Highlarious.....did you make this? LOL.

Johnny Boy 02-04-06 06:31 PM

Originally Posted by OwlAtHome
When I was a kid I loved Cyborg, not anymore though.

Same here. But I still like it. I can still remember the music note for note. It went: DU der DU der DU der DU der DU der DU der, DA do DA do DA do DA do DA do DA do. You get the idea. Gotta love that music. It was the first movie I ever saw of Van Dammes, and the only one I kind of liked.

marty888 02-04-06 09:28 PM

For me, <b>TIMECOP</b> is the only one that stands up to repeat viewings. (The R2 widescreen version)

RocShemp 02-04-06 09:38 PM

I love Sudden Death. Didn't care for Maximum Risk. Knock Off is an okay diversion for once in a while. Double Impact was great. I adore Bloodsport and Universal Soldier. Heck, I like 'em all except for Maximum Risk, Universal Soldier: The Return and Cyborg. I've yet to see Wake Of Death.

I wish he and Lundgren would team up again.

Fincher Fan 02-04-06 09:55 PM

Bloodsport is the definitive Van Damme film. Bolo Yeung as Chong Li is one of the best on-screen villians.

RocShemp 02-04-06 10:04 PM

Originally Posted by Fincher Fan
Bloodsport is the definitive Van Damme film. Bolo Yeung as Chong Li is one of the best on-screen villians.

:up:
I liked seeing him again in Double Impact, although his role was more limited there.

Mondo Kane 02-04-06 10:23 PM

Originally Posted by RocShemp
I adore Bloodsport and Universal Soldier.

The only 2 that I also love.

Hon. Mention:
I liked him as a baddie in No Retreat, No Surrender.

Derrich 02-05-06 12:12 AM

Double Team. Doesnt he fight a tiger?

D

Sweet Baby James 02-05-06 12:25 AM

Nothing like a little Jean-Claude Van Dammage!:) No love for Death Warrant? Any VD movie that casts TV's Benson and Fame's Cynthia Gibb will always find a special place in my heart.:lol:

bballing 02-05-06 12:50 AM

Originally Posted by Sweet Baby James
Nothing like a little Jean-Claude Van Dammage!:) No love for Death Warrant? Any VD movie that casts TV's Benson and Fame's Cynthia Gibb will always find a special place in my heart.:lol:

This is also one of his better films, top 10 for sure. Nothing beats it when Van Damme grabs the lab guy through the bars and holds up a urine sample and asks him what it is. "thats soda pop" the guy responds, and Van Damme pops off the lid I think and holds it up to him, "you want soda pop?"

bballing 02-05-06 12:50 AM

Originally Posted by BuddyRevell
Highlarious.....did you make this? LOL.

Can't take credit, my brother made it.

BuddyRevell 02-05-06 01:31 AM

One of my personal favs...

http://img137.imageshack.us/img137/2...dancing1az.jpg

Tarantino 02-05-06 02:52 AM

:lol:

= J

mndtrp 02-06-06 02:45 AM

I like Timecop and Bloodsport quite a bit. Definately check those out.

Legolas 02-06-06 04:23 AM

I've watched a lot of his movies, even if I can't recommend a single one of them to anyone. At least Steven Seagal had Under Siege. Van Damme's biggest movie is probably Timecop. The original mega-violent, Lance Henriksen-centered Hard Target would be worth a watch if a copy of that existed.

Universal Soldier: The Return was one of the worst theatrical-release movies I've ever seen (I've yet to watch an Uwe Boll movie).