Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Heart and Souls (1993 Robert Downey Jr movie) question ??

Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Old 01-26-06, 07:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

For some reason I was just thinking about this movie the other day. How is Thomas supposed to help these adults fix their lives when he was just a small boy? That was the point of the movie, right? That these four we supposed to "fix" their lives a long time ago, but they didn't know. Well, how is a young boy with "imaginary" friends supposed to help them steal stamps, sing on stage, hug a cop and help his own love life?
Old 01-26-06, 09:03 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 24 Likes on 6 Posts
I thought the whole thing was the plan from the start. That these people would have to wait till he was fully grown. That way, Thomas also learned a lesson.
Old 01-26-06, 09:56 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

was that really the plot? WOW. That sucks. I haven't seen the movie since 1993 and I remember liking it way back then. Maybe I shouldn't revisit it..
Old 01-27-06, 12:11 AM

I don't know. I just remember when the bus driver came back (from the dead) for the first time, he was like, "You mean you didn't get that stuff done yet?" I haven't seen the movie in a while, have to catch it again.
Old 01-27-06, 01:57 AM
Banned

WOW, this movie came into my mind on the way to work today out of nowhere and you post about it today. i haven't though about this movie in years. what a coincidence.
Old 01-27-06, 11:59 AM

That's pretty cool! The movie was on TV a few months ago but I didn't think of my question at the time. I just randomly thought of it a few days ago.
Old 01-27-06, 12:32 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I don't think they were supposed to get help from Thomas when he was young. When we pick up after they "leave" him in his childhood, he's what, late twenties? Maybe they were supposed to get help when he hit 18 or something.
Old 01-28-06, 03:19 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
For some reason I've tried to watch this movie like 6 times already but never end up finishing it. Thanks for the spoiler warnings
Old 01-29-06, 04:52 PM

Sorry, didn't think a movie from 1993 needed spoiler warnings. I know there are plenty of movies I never got around to watching also.

Originally Posted by Kal-El
I don't think they were supposed to get help from Thomas when he was young. When we pick up after they "leave" him in his childhood, he's what, late twenties? Maybe they were supposed to get help when he hit 18 or something.
Yeah I guess that makes more sence.
Old 01-30-06, 01:28 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
No need to apologise. If I haven't seen this movie fully through six tries so far, I probably never will.