Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

1 and Only Movie Figures and Collectibles Discussion

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

1 and Only Movie Figures and Collectibles Discussion

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-15, 10:35 AM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Re: 1 and Only Movie Figures and Collectibles Discussion

Yeah. I can tell it's Keaton but it's off as well.

Almost looks like an old Chaplin.
Old 05-05-15, 11:23 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,156 Likes on 902 Posts

It looks like Keaton but I think the face is too wide.
Old 05-05-15, 03:55 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I think the promo material might be an old head sculpt. Here's another one from Hot Toys that looks better.

credit to One Sixth Warriors:
http://www.onesixthwarriors.com/foru...uce-wayne.html

Even with the "inaccurate sculpt" I will still be getting this. As soon as you look at it, you know who it is. It's not like Hot Toys Indiana Jones, which is still a very good figure with all of the accessories you get.
Old 05-05-15, 04:43 PM
Banned

Jesus. Keaton's head on a stick. Creepy. *sigh* He's so much fun to see. LOVED seeing him in The Other Guys. Just cuz he was in there doing what character was doing.
Old 05-05-15, 04:56 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I'm in for one. So my current HT want list is:

Captain America Avengers

Iron Man Diecast reissue

Batman Returns Batman

Commando Arnold.
Old 05-05-15, 05:30 PM
DVD Talk Legend

The Batman Returns Batman single figure and Batman/Bruce Wayne two pack are up on Sideshow. Batman alone is $220 or the two pack is $345. Seems like a pretty decent deal either way if you ask me. I'll probably end up going for the two pack personally as I want the ripped cowl and Bruce Wayne headsculpt. I may end up with more than one as ideally I'd like to display Batman in his full suit, Batman with the ripped cowl and Wayne sculpt, and Bruce Wayne.
Old 05-05-15, 05:52 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 551 Likes on 343 Posts

Placed an order for the single Batman Returns. I really dislike all of these non-refundable deposites you have to make. I could have bought a figure with just the money I have spent on pre-orders.

Last edited by stvn1974; 05-05-15 at 06:02 PM.
Old 05-05-15, 06:29 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by stvn1974
Placed an order for the single Batman Returns. I really dislike all of these non-refundable deposites you have to make. I could have bought a figure with just the money I have spent on pre-orders.
Yeah, I hate that Sideshow does that, but then they even it out with their flexpay options and rewards points. Anything $300 and over I buy through Sideshow if available because of the flexpay. Otherwise I use Big Bad Toy Store (BBTS). They have the pile of loot that saves you money on shipping by holding your orders until you're ready to ship or 6 months passes. Also BBTS doesn't charge you anything to pre-order or cancel a figure unless it's really expensive (or Sideshow requires it such as Hot Toys Hulk Buster).

I thought it would be easier to have a few items hit my credit card for a few months rather than a big sum at once so I used the flexpay option. Too bad it's like 12 items a month at around $60 a piece. Damn, do they have a 12 step program for Hot Toys!!!!!
Old 05-05-15, 07:12 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I actually am lucky I waited to get a Keaton Batman because I had been going back and forth with some members on the Sideshow Collectors forums about buying a DX09 and came close to buying one. The figure goes for quite a bit and I would have wound up paying more than the single figure and only a bit less than the two pack. Plus I've always liked the Batman Returns Batsuit more anyways. I still want to find a DX08 Joker though.
Old 05-05-15, 07:15 PM
Banned

Damn. I've never paid attention. How much of a difference between the Burton batsuits was there?
Old 05-05-15, 07:32 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Solid Snake
Damn. I've never paid attention. How much of a difference between the Burton batsuits was there?
The main differences are in the chest/torso area. The 89 suit is more of a fake rubber muscle look and the Bat symbol has two extra points off the center point. The Batman Returns suit has more of a body armor look to it and the Bat symbol is more traditional looking. Those are the main things that stand out but there are some other minor differences. The cowl is a bit different in design and some other aspects are a bit more streamlined.
Old 05-12-15, 05:43 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,938 Likes on 1,499 Posts

Woah Hot Toys Gamora and Stormtrooper 2 pack just hit my CC at the same time. Ouch.
Old 05-12-15, 05:55 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 25 Likes on 16 Posts

Yeah, I'm just waiting for when the port strike ends and products are released almost simultaneously. I know I'm getting 6 items, but it could easily become double digits if everything lines up. But on the positive side I've dropped my bluray spending down to less than 10% of what I normally purchase.
Old 05-12-15, 06:01 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I may be adding another figure to my pre-order list. I saw that there are in-hand pictures of the Arkham City Batman out now and it looks pretty damn amazing. I was on the fence initially but might go for it.

Also Hot Toys revealed their Sandtrooper last night and its up for order on Sideshow. The cost is $220 which seems to be the standard price for the Troopers other than the regular Storm Troopers which were $200. I assume the Shadow, Space, and Sand Troopers are more because they have more to their armor.

Originally Posted by fujishig
Woah Hot Toys Gamora and Stormtrooper 2 pack just hit my CC at the same time. Ouch.
This is a good reason why I order from Sideshow typically and use their flex pay system. It works out so much better than just dropping a large chunk of change at one time. If you aren't careful or watch for shipping notices you can end up with a pretty big bill fast if you have more than one thing on order and are doing full payments.

Originally Posted by Hadrian7
Yeah, I'm just waiting for when the port strike ends and products are released almost simultaneously. I know I'm getting 6 items, but it could easily become double digits if everything lines up. But on the positive side I've dropped my bluray spending down to less than 10% of what I normally purchase.
The strike has actually been over for a while. Some items are just still backlogged because of it.

Last edited by Mike86; 05-12-15 at 06:34 PM.
Old 05-12-15, 06:43 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

You know what I hate, when I see items I bought get shown later on with 20 percent off coupons or extra rewards and when I don't buy them they sell out and the prices rocket up on the secondary market... it is quite frustrating.
Old 05-12-15, 06:54 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Hadrian7
You know what I hate, when I see items I bought get shown later on with 20 percent off coupons or extra rewards and when I don't buy them they sell out and the prices rocket up on the secondary market... it is quite frustrating.
I've noticed the items that tend to get discounted the most are Marvel related. I think the problem is that Hot Toys produces so many figures from the Marvel films but with new films always coming out some collectors wait out certain figures for a newer version and then Sideshow ends up with backstock that they have to discount to clear out. Some items that wind up with offers for twenty percent off are just slow movers though too.
Old 05-12-15, 07:04 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,938 Likes on 1,499 Posts

It wasn't just Marvel though; notably the Adam West/Burt Ward figures, Robocop, etc were discounted. Iron Man 3 did produce a lot of Iron Men that took forever to come out, and certainly even I dropped the Winter Soldier Cap for the Avengers 2 one because of the delay, but it comes down to overproduction. Which means they will underproduce some of the newer ones and things will sell out immediately.

I still can't believe they underproduced Avengers 1 Hawkeye and Fury so badly.
Old 05-12-15, 07:10 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I'm all for capitalism, but Hawkeye and Fury should not be commanding those types of prices on the secondary market. Good thing I've preordered the Avengers 2 figures now. I can also see why the Iron Men are usually discounted since a lot of them are repaints or just very similar to each other. But I never thought Robocop or Batmen products would go on sale this quickly.
Old 05-12-15, 07:20 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by fujishig
It wasn't just Marvel though; notably the Adam West/Burt Ward figures, Robocop, etc were discounted. Iron Man 3 did produce a lot of Iron Men that took forever to come out, and certainly even I dropped the Winter Soldier Cap for the Avengers 2 one because of the delay, but it comes down to overproduction. Which means they will underproduce some of the newer ones and things will sell out immediately.

I still can't believe they underproduced Avengers 1 Hawkeye and Fury so badly.
Yeah true. I think with Marvel Hot Toys definitely overproduces. Stuff like the 66 Batman and Robin I think unfortunately just doesn't have the broad appeal to sell really well. A lot of people view the series as too campy in this day and age and don't appreciate it. Robocop is kind of a mystery to me. It seemed to be a figure that a lot of people were clamoring for and it came out really well. It hasn't been on sale for twenty percent off as many times as some other figures though.
Old 05-15-15, 12:51 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Newest addition to the Age of Ultron line revealed last night.

Last edited by Mike86; 05-15-15 at 12:58 PM.
Old 05-15-15, 01:34 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

He stole Thor's hammer.
Old 05-22-15, 09:12 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Hot Toys revealed two new Age of Ultron figures last night.

First up the diecast Mark XLV:

And the Iron Legion:
Old 05-23-15, 12:01 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

I didn't bother checking if someone posted these already but I thought they looked interesting.

http://technabob.com/blog/2014/12/17...-stormtrooper/
Old 05-23-15, 01:45 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Interesting concept and like the execution, minus the stormtrooper armor nipples
Old 05-29-15, 09:22 AM
DVD Talk Legend

This was revealed last night and should be up for pre-order later today. I'm pretty stoked as it has quite a few great accessories and plus the Hamill sculpt is looking great. Looks like Leia is the last of the main characters from A New Hope to get revealed.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.