Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

1 and Only Movie Figures and Collectibles Discussion

Old 08-07-19, 09:22 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Re: 1 and Only Movie Figures and Collectibles Discussion

Technically this is based on a movie, right?

Basically hasbro is crowdfunding a 27 inch unicron:
https://hasbropulse.com/products/tra...ertron-unicron

At this point I kind of doubt they'll get the 8000 backers they need at $575 a piece, but it's impressive to say the least. I'm on the fence.
Old 08-08-19, 08:51 AM
DVD Talk Legend

That Unicron looks so freaking cool but where the heck are you going to put that?

Am I the only one that finds it strange that Hasbro is crowdfunding a toy? I guess they wanted it to make sure that they will have buyers for this.
Old 08-08-19, 09:13 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by LorenzoL View Post
That Unicron looks so freaking cool but where the heck are you going to put that?

Am I the only one that finds it strange that Hasbro is crowdfunding a toy? I guess they wanted it to make sure that they will have buyers for this.
Yeah it's more making sure there's enough interest (and like I said before, there probably isn't) before they actually go and make this. Which I don't mind, because there's no way a store would carry this. Like I can't even imagine how much this thing would cost to ship (shipping is thankfully included in the quoted price).

They did the same thing with the 500 dollar Jabba's Barge, where they got like 8000 backers and they needed a minimum of 5000. I just looked and they have a cookie monster as well now:

https://hasbropulse.com/collections/haslab
Old 08-08-19, 09:15 AM
DVD Talk Legend

It wouldn't surprise me if it got crowd funded but honestly i have no use for something like that.
Old 08-09-19, 04:09 PM

I ordered two. One for each mode.

The Cookie Monster is probably not going to make it. I backed it as well but only for one.

If we use the data for Jabba's Sail Barge, this is on track to hit the 8k backers, but it will barely do it. The sail barge had a huge surge at the end that put it over the 5k backer mark (and eventually 8k).

Here's hoping it makes it as it will look great in my collection. I'm a sucker for these special low volume toys even if they cost a fortune.
Old 08-11-19, 11:35 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by LorenzoL View Post

The problem Hasbro might have in reaching that number of backers is Zeta toys is also making a Unicron figure, which will probably be more screen accurate, and it is rumored to be at least 40 inches. Hasbro is designing their to fit their Seige line instead of an Masterpiece design.

Spoiler:

Holding a combiner!

Old 08-11-19, 03:13 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Formerly known as Groucho AND Bandoman/Death Moans, Iowa

I know scale is tough when it comes to figured this size, but I just sold a G1 Fortress Maximus and he was 22 inches tall. If I was collecting Id feel a little let down that a planet-sized Transformer wasnt much bigger.
Old 08-11-19, 05:21 PM
DVD Talk Hero

The other factor, besides shelf space, is how a big figure like that is going to hold up AND how fun/easy it is to transform. The last thing you want is for it to be a floppy mess or for it to be so cumbersome to transform that nobody in their right mind even tries it. I think at a certain point it's just too big, even for me. I mean if you really want to scale this with masterpiece in any meaningful way, even in his "smaller" robot form, rodimus and co. went out through one of the eyes... how big is that going to be?
Old 08-11-19, 06:18 PM
DVD Talk Hero

That Zeta Unicron looks cooler, and has less kibble.