DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Movie Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/movie-talk-17/)
-   -   1 and Only Movie Figures and Collectibles Discussion (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/movie-talk/452671-1-only-movie-figures-collectibles-discussion.html)

VHS? 07-23-15 12:02 PM

Re: 1 and Only Movie Figures and Collectibles Discussion

http://i449.photobucket.com/albums/q...ps8e3fd092.gif

fujishig 07-23-15 12:41 PM

Is Leia's hair molded? And her special exclusive is... a black background?

The Pepper figure is a probable skip for me; expensive, not that core of a character, and that hair is going to be a pain. If they ever upgrade her to her own armor in the movies, though...

Those Stormtroopers alone are worth a mint. That Falcon is insane.

Mike86 07-23-15 01:52 PM

I just got a single Trooper yesterday, nowhere near what's in that picture. :lol: One regular and one Shadow Trooper is my army thus far, hope to at least get one more regular Storm Trooper.

Leia's hair is sculpted. In this instance I can't say I blame Hot Toys for not going rooted. Making the buns look right and having them stay in place would likely be a pain. Also the backdrop isn't finalized yet. Wonder what it'll be of.

fujishig 07-23-15 02:16 PM

I was hoping the hair was molded, because as you say, it'd be a pain keeping it/getting back into the bun. Makes sense that the backdrop isn't finalized, but still kind of odd, did they do exclusive backdrops for any other Star Wars figure?

Mike86 07-23-15 03:25 PM

The backdrop for the Leia figure is the first they've done. They're making it an exclusive too which I find sort of weird. Generally something like that is just an extra add in with the package. Its probably because she's a pretty basic figure that they wanted to add something extra. All she has for accessories is her blaster and a Storm Trooper blaster.

Axeramm 07-23-15 07:59 PM

Does the Falcon open up so a child can sleep in it? Not sure if I can build a warehouse to store it if not.

Mike86 07-24-15 04:26 AM

https://scontent-lax1-1.xx.fbcdn.net...76142293_o.jpg
Not sure if this is actually being made but I might choose this over the cockpit.

resinrats 07-24-15 09:29 AM

Who exactly is the buying group for that Falcon? I've heard it is 18 feet long and probably costs more then a car (or several). Sure it looks cool but who has an entire room to dedicate just to 1 thing? I guess they hope millionaires are really into Star Wars.

fujishig 07-24-15 09:41 AM

It's been mentioned but it's not something they're selling, just a huge display piece for toy shows.

Mike86 07-24-15 09:50 AM

Originally Posted by resinrats (Post 12544227)
Who exactly is the buying group for that Falcon? I've heard it is 18 feet long and probably costs more then a car (or several). Sure it looks cool but who has an entire room to dedicate just to 1 thing? I guess they hope millionaires are really into Star Wars.

The actual Falcon isn't for sale. I'm pretty positive its a show piece only. There's no way realistically that Hot Toys could actually mass produce and ship it. For one the costs would be huge and most people couldn't afford it, and even if a person could unless you have a huge home where you could basically dedicate a very large room to house it most people probably wouldn't be able to display it. Plus shipping it would be a nightmare as it would probably come in multiple pieces which would mean high costs to ship it and numerous opportunities for QC issues.

They're making the cockpit a separate piece and possibly some other areas as dioramas, but I highly doubt anyone will be able to buy the full size piece will ever be for sale.

stvn1974 07-24-15 01:34 PM

Originally Posted by Mike86 (Post 12544121)
https://scontent-lax1-1.xx.fbcdn.net...76142293_o.jpg
Not sure if this is actually being made but I might choose this over the cockpit.

At least Hot Toys knows what color Luke's lightsaber is supposed to be in this scene even if Lucas doesn't.

fujishig 07-24-15 01:56 PM

Wait, did they announce C3PO and R2D2, or are those Sideshow or something?

stvn1974 07-24-15 02:27 PM

Originally Posted by fujishig (Post 12544474)
Wait, did they announce C3PO and R2D2, or are those Sideshow or something?

Both Sideshow. R2D2 is out now and C3P0 is scheduled for Nov (which means July of 2018).

fujishig 07-24-15 02:44 PM

Seems odd to me that they would include Sideshow stuff with their own product in a display (I realize Sideshow is their distributor here and they have a relationship).

Mike86 07-24-15 02:51 PM

I think the C3PO is the one from a while back that Sideshow did in conjunction with Bandai/Tamashii Nations actually but regardless. It doesn't surprise me that Hot Toys is using Sideshow figures since they are partners and have displayed Sideshow stuff at Secret Base before. My guess is Hot Toys won't be doing their own R2-D2 and C3PO for a while.

Mike86 07-24-15 06:00 PM

I wish the Iron Man stuff wasn't so damn expensive. The Mark XL and Mark IX/Pepper set both went up for order and I wouldn't mind getting one or both but I have a hard time justifying their prices. The Mark XL is $285 or the Mark IX/Pepper is $440 or you can get Pepper only for $225.

VHS? 07-24-15 11:02 PM

I wish ALL of it (Hot Toys) wasn't so expensive. I grumble at $20 Marvel Legends!

Mike86 07-24-15 11:37 PM

They're addicting as hell once you start buying them, but yeah they aren't cheap.

Josh-da-man 07-25-15 02:10 AM

I wonder how many guys find themselves telling their wives "They aren't dolls, they're limited edition action figures."

Mike86 07-25-15 05:56 AM

:lol: I fully admit they're basically glorified dolls, but I also don't have a girlfriend at the moment. Hopefully any future one will appreciate them.

Checkmate 07-28-15 11:16 AM

Anybody wanting the Transformers Generations SDCC Titan Devastator for $179.99 better head right on over to HasbroToyShop.com:

Here's the link:

http://www.hasbrotoyshop.com/transfo...R=496&ID=35161

It may go fast for that price. Only $30 more than hasbro's version and $40 cheaper than Takara's.

fujishig 07-28-15 12:04 PM

Wow, to think if that Dr. Strange pack was still around I'd still be tempted. Were these the prices the exclusives were going for at the convention?

75 bucks for three Transformers deluxes and some swords?

It will probably sell out by the time I ask this, but what does the exclusive have that the normal one doesn't have, for 30 bucks plus 13 bucks extra for shipping?

Checkmate 07-28-15 12:55 PM

Originally Posted by fujishig (Post 12547110)
Wow, to think if that Dr. Strange pack was still around I'd still be tempted. Were these the prices the exclusives were going for at the convention?

75 bucks for three Transformers deluxes and some swords?

It will probably sell out by the time I ask this, but what does the exclusive have that the normal one doesn't have, for 30 bucks plus 13 bucks extra for shipping?

SDCC version has better paint apps, purple vac metal, and a limited production run compared to the Hasbro version. The price is usually much higher. A quick check on Amazon shows the price around $300 or more. Ebay has auctions for about $200 + shipping.

Personally I'm waiting for the Takara version even if it is more expensive as that comes with individual guns, better paint apps, no vac metal (I'm not a fan of it), a Devastator head that has a flip down visor, and better articulation in the form of some bots getting elbows or better elbows than either the Hasbro or the SDCC. Price is about $220 at BBTS.

fujishig 07-28-15 01:10 PM

Oh, I know HTS is cheaper than the scalper prices, but if you're actually going to open the thing, I don't see it being worth it, and as you say, the Takara one is actually a better version all around.

I did see the regular Devastator at a TRU, and that's an impressive box (of course, the only reason that one was even there was because the box was mangled). I hope some lucky kids get it for Xmas.

And they're not dolls or action figures. They're collectibles! :) Also they're not legos, they're a highly sophisticated inter-locking brick system.

Mike86 07-28-15 04:04 PM

The pre-order for the Hot Toys Princess Leia is up. She's $204.99 which is a fairly decent price for a Hot Toys figure. Easy pre-order for me and she pretty much completes the A New Hope line for me other than some odds and ends characters.