DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Movie Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/movie-talk-17/)
-   -   1 and Only Movie Figures and Collectibles Discussion (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/movie-talk/452671-1-only-movie-figures-collectibles-discussion.html)

Mike86 02-12-15 03:41 PM

Re: 1 and Only Movie Figures and Collectibles Discussion

Originally Posted by stvn1974 (Post 12393859)
SSC Darth Vader Deluxe has arrived and is going back. The silver tip thingy on the right side of his mask is missing plus there is a black glob of something on that side of the helmet. For $250 it should be flawless. I cancelled all of my open orders and I think I am done with Sideshow.

I think you've just had bad luck. All of the Hot Toys figures I've bought have been great. In my opinion it seems like Sideshow's 1/6th stuff isn't quite up to par with Hot Toys' stuff. My R2-D2 is flawless in terms of paint and stuff. Some stuff you have to be careful with but I didn't have the issues you did. The only thing is my lightsaber has a bit of paint that's scratched or smeared but overall not a big deal.

Hadrian7 02-12-15 06:41 PM

I agree with the bad luck part. With all the figures I have I've never had a reason to return them in terms of QA issues. And I am OCD when it comes to getting the perfect item as well.

Mike86 02-14-15 12:17 AM

One of my most anticipated figures. Now bring on A New Hope Luke and Leia.
http://www.sideshowcollectors.com/fo...9&d=1423891566

Mike86 02-16-15 07:10 PM

So the price for the Hot Toys Obi-Wan Kenobi isn't too bad, $219.99 and the figure looks pretty good to me. If you wait you could use a Sideshow monthly coupon for $20 off to bring it to under $200 which isn't bad at all. He's a little light on accessories with only the light up lightsaber and the lightsaber hilt, but he comes with what he needs and the outfit and head sculpt is pretty awesome.

banthafett 02-16-15 11:25 PM

With these prices for HT Star Wars, that SS Luke Red 5 price is still mind boggling.

cineblog1 02-17-15 06:06 AM

Oh, some of the Marvel fans might have liked this piece with an edition size of only 50.

candyrocket786 02-17-15 07:58 AM

Preordered mine. Used reward points to get the price down to $165 shipped.

Trevor 02-17-15 08:25 AM

Amazon has some lightning deals today on movie collectibles, autographed lithos iirc.

Mike86 02-17-15 09:10 AM

Originally Posted by banthafett (Post 12397518)
With these prices for HT Star Wars, that SS Luke Red 5 price is still mind boggling.

Especially given that Sideshow doesn't seem to have improved their quality in regards to head sculpts recently. Their recent Nathan Drake and Snake Plissken figures were disappointing (especially Drake), and the pictures of their Hoth Han Solo were just released and while it isn't terrible it definitely isn't great. I may still get that one because I like the overall look of the costume and stuff but Han's face is weird. It seems to come down to the way they do the eyes really throws off the entire face.

banthafett 02-17-15 10:20 AM

Yeah, there new eye system sucks, and they still get derpy eyes with it, so what's the point.

My biggest gripe with SS is their flesh paint. Well their paint over all. My 1/6 Batman, the face plates are a puke green/brown. He looks dead and the one plate makes him look like a zombie. I love my Keaton PFs, but the flesh paint sucks. I think SS and NECA use the same melted Crayola crayon they use for flesh. If your lucky to get SS to but that much effort into it.

Mike86 02-17-15 11:14 AM

The thing is I actually want the Red 5 Luke as I think that's a pretty cool look for the character, but at $240 its way overpriced. Maybe if it goes on sale at some point or I might consider using a coupon on it but I dunno.

Mike86 02-17-15 11:18 PM

Fuck another new 1/6th figure to add to my pre-order list..

http://news.toyark.com/wp-content/up...neberg-002.jpg

Mike86 02-25-15 11:43 AM

http://static1.squarespace.com/stati...e?format=1000w
(credit to Solid Snake in the Age of Ultron thread for the link to the image)

I'm guessing this will go up for pre-order on Sideshow today as Hot Toys put up the reveal last night and generally the pre-order is the next day in that case. There's two versions, a regular which comes with one screaming head sculpt and a second deluxe set with an interchangeable "Hulk smash" torso and arms and a different head sculpt. Personally I want the second head sculpt but will probably get the regular version of the figure. I don't exactly understand the benefit to the second torso and arms other than maybe the regular version can reach his arms up high enough for the smash pose (I don't have the original figure so not sure if the arm articulation is limited on it or not).

Checkmate 02-25-15 11:52 AM

Originally Posted by Mike86 (Post 12406603)
http://static1.squarespace.com/stati...e?format=1000w
(credit to Solid Snake in the Age of Ultron thread for the link to the image)

I'm guessing this will go up for pre-order on Sideshow today as Hot Toys put up the reveal last night and generally the pre-order is the next day in that case. There's two versions, a regular which comes with one screaming head sculpt and a second deluxe set with an interchangeable "Hulk smash" torso and arms and a different head sculpt. Personally I want the second head sculpt but will probably get the regular version of the figure. I don't exactly understand the benefit to the second torso and arms other than maybe the regular version can reach his arms up high enough for the smash pose (I don't have the original figure so not sure if the arm articulation is limited on it or not).

Just posted in the same thread as Solid Snake but this thread is the best place for it. Here is a pic of the Deluxe Set.

http://bbs.bbicn.com/data/attachment...tfleu1t143.jpg

Spiderbite 02-25-15 12:48 PM

Originally Posted by Mike86 (Post 12398589)
Fuck another new 1/6th figure to add to my pre-order list..

http://news.toyark.com/wp-content/up...neberg-002.jpg

Damn. That looks good!

Who is offering that?

Mike86 02-25-15 01:07 PM

Originally Posted by Spiderbite (Post 12406670)
Damn. That looks good!

Who is offering that?

The company is Threezero. You can get the figure directly through their website at threezerostore.com or Big Bad Toy Store. Not sure if Sideshow will carry it or not but it isn't available through them yet. The one downfall if you order directly from the Threezero Store is that you have to pay upfront. The figure is actually a great deal too, its around $150 if you order direct or under that amount at BBTS.

Spiderbite 02-25-15 01:12 PM

I haven't heard of threezero before. Do they put out quality products?

I saw the release date is in August of this year so I may wait to see what kind of reviews it gets. But it certainly looks cool. A lot cooler than my little $15 figure of the same thing. ;)

This may have to go besides my BB barrel instead of my cheap one.

Mike86 02-25-15 01:16 PM

Originally Posted by Spiderbite (Post 12406727)
I haven't heard of threezero before. Do they put out quality products?

I saw the release date is in August of this year so I may wait to see what kind of reviews it gets. But it certainly looks cool. A lot cooler than my little $15 figure of the same thing. ;)

This may have to go besides my BB barrel instead of my cheap one.

I personally don't have experience with their products but from what I've seen they look pretty nice. Especially given the prices they charge for their figures. If you want some examples of their quality search YouTube for reviews of their Game of Thrones figures (they've done Ned Stark and Tyrion Lannister). I don't think that Threezero is quite as big of a name in the 1/6th collectible market yet, but they're building themselves up a bit more and gaining some bigger licenses. I think the Heisenberg figure is actually set to be released around quarter three so the August date is most likely wrong.

Spiderbite 02-25-15 01:32 PM

I got the August date from toywiz.

http://www.toywiz.com/threeabreakingbad.html

Mike86 02-25-15 05:08 PM

Hulk is up for order, $274.99 for the regular version and $374.99 for the deluxe version. I don't think I can justify the extra $100 for the interchangeable torso and head sculpt. I want the head sculpt but might just see if I can buy it parted out.

fujishig 02-25-15 05:30 PM

Originally Posted by Mike86 (Post 12406735)
I personally don't have experience with their products but from what I've seen they look pretty nice. Especially given the prices they charge for their figures. If you want some examples of their quality search YouTube for reviews of their Game of Thrones figures (they've done Ned Stark and Tyrion Lannister). I don't think that Threezero is quite as big of a name in the 1/6th collectible market yet, but they're building themselves up a bit more and gaining some bigger licenses. I think the Heisenberg figure is actually set to be released around quarter three so the August date is most likely wrong.

What's funny is that threezero makes stuff that seems (to me at least) to be insanely expensive (they just did a version of Mazinger Z that's 300, and they're doing a movie Bumblebee for like 375), but I think Hot Toys is so insanely expensive already that threeA's 1/6 figures seem normal... :)

I think I'm ok with my Avengers 1 Hot Toys Hulk... but having missed Hawkeye last time, I have to grab him when he's solicited.

Mike86 02-25-15 06:08 PM

Originally Posted by fujishig (Post 12407069)
What's funny is that threezero makes stuff that seems (to me at least) to be insanely expensive (they just did a version of Mazinger Z that's 300, and they're doing a movie Bumblebee for like 375), but I think Hot Toys is so insanely expensive already that threeA's 1/6 figures seem normal... :)

Their Heisenberg is around $150 most places which I don't think is bad. I believe the Game of Thrones figures have been under $200 each too. I don't know a whole lot about the company though to be honest. I believe they're doing the 2014 version of Robocop which is more like $230 or so if I remember right.

I think I'm ok with my Avengers 1 Hot Toys Hulk... but having missed Hawkeye last time, I have to grab him when he's solicited.
I don't blame you for passing on Hulk since you already have the first version. He's a character that I don't feel I need more than one of so this one will be the one I get.

fujishig 02-25-15 06:25 PM

Well, the "smell my underarms" pose also makes it basically a statue, and as we all know, playing with dolls, I mean action figures, I mean movable collectibles is way better than collecting statues. Or something like that.

Mike86 02-25-15 06:34 PM

Originally Posted by fujishig (Post 12407117)
Well, the "smell my underarms" pose also makes it basically a statue, and as we all know, playing with dolls, I mean action figures, I mean movable collectibles is way better than collecting statues. Or something like that.

I'm sort of torn because I do sort of like the clenched teeth head sculpt that comes with the deluxe set more than the screaming one to be honest. The screaming one seems like it'll only really fit well if you have it in a good battle pose.

Spiderbite 02-25-15 06:43 PM

I never noticed that the Hulk had a pair of stretch pants until I saw that figure. :lol: