DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Movie Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/movie-talk-17/)
-   -   1 and Only Movie Figures and Collectibles Discussion (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/movie-talk/452671-1-only-movie-figures-collectibles-discussion.html)

Paul_SD 02-03-15 08:08 PM

Re: 1 and Only Movie Figures and Collectibles Discussion

You guys are certainly hardcore. I thought I spent a lot on this shit, but I'm clearly a piker compared to many of you.

Hadrian7 02-03-15 09:10 PM

If you order at least one collectible you are already in the top 1% of the population. Everything else is just extra whipped cream on your slice of pie.

stvn1974 02-04-15 01:25 PM

And a notice for the charge for the SS Darth Vader email on Feb 7.

R2D2 and now Darth Vader, I need to go to town to buy another shelf.

Mike86 02-04-15 01:34 PM

Originally Posted by stvn1974 (Post 12385901)
And a notice for the charge for the SS Darth Vader email on Feb 7.

R2D2 and now Darth Vader, I need to go to town to buy another shelf.

I thought you decided on the Hot Toys Vader.

stvn1974 02-04-15 01:39 PM

I never did finalize the order for the Hot Toys. From the pics I like liked the Sideshow better.

Mike86 02-04-15 03:00 PM

Ah I see. I haven't ordered either version yet but when I do it'll be the Hot Toys one. I'm waiting until the figure is eligible for one of the monthly $20 coupons though. I like the look of it slightly more and I like that it comes with the Interrogator Droid.

Josh-da-man 02-04-15 06:35 PM

Originally Posted by Paul_SD (Post 12385075)
GOOD LORD! *choke*

I think all I've ever had has been about 900. I used about 400 a few years back to subsidize a Bowen, and I've got a little under 500 now.

The Space Jockey is up for pre-order. I may end up using them all towards that. Would knock it down to about $400 after shipping.
http://i.imgur.com/naGmRrE.jpg

Oh, I need that.

Mike86 02-06-15 11:37 AM

My Sideshow R2-D2 shipped out today, should be here next Wednesday. I also won an auction for the Sideshow Boba Fett from eBay and am hopefully getting it soon. I'm a bit concerned over the legitimacy of the auction (I didn't read the seller's page enough before buying and there's some things that make me question it despite them having 100% feedback) and am keeping an eye on it.

stvn1974 02-06-15 12:23 PM

Yep, R2D2 will be here Tuesday. I usually look once a day at ebay for a Boba Fett but haven't found one that I can either afford or don't find a bit fishy.

Mike86 02-06-15 06:32 PM

Originally Posted by stvn1974 (Post 12387967)
Yep, R2D2 will be here Tuesday. I usually look once a day at ebay for a Boba Fett but haven't found one that I can either afford or don't find a bit fishy.

Yeah I'm hoping the auction I won for my Boba Fett is legitimate. I bid on it on a whim and didn't read it enough beforehand. I won it last Friday so I'm giving it a while. I opened a dispute through PayPal just so they monitor it in case anything goes wrong. If it isn't here by the 18th or if I don't get a response from the seller I'll escalate it to a claim. This is the first time I've potentially had an issue with eBay so I've been lucky and usually I go over the auction page better before bidding but didn't this time..

Also the Storm Troopers were released over in Hong Kong so we should get them fairly soon. I have the two pack ordered through Big Bad Toy Store, mostly because the Sideshow Exclusive wasn't that great and I didn't want to pay the nonrefundable deposit. I wouldn't mind getting a third but not sure if I will. I might go for the Sideshow Scout Trooper instead of a third regular Storm Trooper.

stvn1974 02-10-15 04:19 PM

R2D2 just rolled up to the porch. I am pleased and think it is worth the $150.00. Can't wait for C3PO. Darth Vader will be here thursday. I also actually went ahead with the pre-order of Han and Chew and a single Stormtrooper from HT.

Going to go look at new shelves at the local furniture store this weekend.

Mike86 02-10-15 05:22 PM

Did you go with the two-pack of Han and Chewie or did you get them individually? I went for them individually since I didn't feel the exclusive in the two-pack was something I really needed and at the time I didn't want to pay the non-refundable deposit. My R2-D2 will be here tomorrow which I'm excited for. Still not sure what's happening with the Boba Fett from eBay. I messaged the seller tonight and am giving him a while longer before I escalate my claim (I filed a dispute already through PayPal as I was questioning it after winning it).

stvn1974 02-10-15 05:30 PM

I went with the the individual Han and Chewy for the same reason.

banthafett 02-10-15 05:33 PM

I got both combo and individual Chewie and Han.

stvn1974 02-10-15 08:23 PM

I emailed SS about a replacement R2D2. Upon further inspection there is a spot on the dome above the panel that operates the lights the size of a dime that does't seem to be painted. Plus inside that circle there is a white scratch. There is also a glob of something on longest right door that is missing paint. Hopefully not a hassle.

Mike86 02-11-15 04:46 PM

So I really wanted to order the Hot Toys Ultron 1/6th figure, but damn is it expensive. Its priced at $375 which for that particular figure to me is too much more than likely. I think the only Age of Ultron figures I'll get will be Cap, Hawkeye, and Hulk at this point. Possibly the Mark XLIII and Vision too.

My Sideshow R2-D2 is on its way from UPS and should be there when I get home. I'm pretty excited for it but hopefully I don't run into any QC issues.

stvn1974 02-11-15 05:15 PM

I sent my R2D2 back. Too many problems with it. I also cancelled C3PO since he looked to be just as plasticy and frail. Hopefully Hot Toys do die cast versions like the Robocop. SSC Vader will be here tomorrow so hopefully I have better luck with it.

fujishig 02-11-15 05:21 PM

Yeah, that Ultron design isn't doing much for me, and that price! I think I'm in for Vision, Cap (having cancelled Winter Soldier Cap) and Hawkeye (since I missed the previous version). Iron Man doesn't seem different enough to me, though I may change my mind; Hulk should be pretty much the same, right?

Mike86 02-11-15 05:29 PM

Originally Posted by stvn1974 (Post 12392966)
I sent my R2D2 back. Too many problems with it. I also cancelled C3PO since he looked to be just as plasticy and frail. Hopefully Hot Toys do die cast versions like the Robocop. SSC Vader will be here tomorrow so hopefully I have better luck with it.

I don't think Hot Toys will be doing the droids for a while. They basically said as much in an interview a while back. I'm hoping I have better luck with R2-D2 than you did. It seems like most people are pretty happy with it for what it costs and I think Sideshow would have replaced yours pretty easily but I guess its up to you.

There was a diecast C3PO made a while back by Bandai/Tamashii Nations in 1/6th scale. I'm not sure how much it goes for in the secondary market though.

Originally Posted by fujishig (Post 12392972)
Yeah, that Ultron design isn't doing much for me, and that price! I think I'm in for Vision, Cap (having cancelled Winter Soldier Cap) and Hawkeye (since I missed the previous version). Iron Man doesn't seem different enough to me, though I may change my mind; Hulk should be pretty much the same, right?

I'm getting Hulk because I didn't get the version from The Avengers. I think the only new thing is that he has Avengers shorts now and he'll probably have a new head sculpt. Who knows if he'll have accessories or whatever too. I want the Mark XLIII but not sure if I'll get it since I have the Mark XLII.

Hadrian7 02-11-15 07:30 PM

I preordered Ultron since I'm aiming for a complete set there, but at almost $400 that's the price of a premium format figure. I'm hoping that this isn't a trend going forward.

Mike86 02-11-15 07:35 PM

Originally Posted by Hadrian7 (Post 12393084)
I preordered Ultron since I'm aiming for a complete set there, but at almost $400 that's the price of a premium format figure. I'm hoping that this isn't a trend going forward.

I don't think it will be a trend. There are some factors making Ultron more than the average Hot Toys figure if you ask me. First of all its a bit larger (I think the product page says its 16 and 1/2") plus its a unique body mold which was probably developed specifically for the character and likely won't be re-used and not to mention the light-up features.

RagingBull80 02-11-15 07:59 PM

http://ep.yimg.com/ay/yhst-131532359...ure-neca-9.jpg

I think I'm buying one of these tomorrow.

I'd love to have the Sideshow 1/6 scale doll but I can't afford it.

I'll settle for the Neca version.

candyrocket786 02-11-15 10:01 PM

Preordered this guy yesterday

http://chroniclecollectibles.com/wp-...sdisplay1a.jpg

Ra is next, followed by Horus.

Limited to 200 pieces (100 US/ 100 Int'l)

http://chroniclecollectibles.com/stargate-anubis/

Mike86 02-11-15 10:35 PM

It took me a while to figure out how to get R2-D2's dome off. Pretty cool figure but does feel a bit fragile in some aspects (mostly the compartments that open up). The light-up feature is also cool yet a bit annoying because it's so sensitive that it goes off a bit easier than I'd like it to. Overall for $150 I'm satisfied, can't wait for C3PO.

stvn1974 02-12-15 03:08 PM

SSC Darth Vader Deluxe has arrived and is going back. The silver tip thingy on the right side of his mask is missing plus there is a black glob of something on that side of the helmet. For $250 it should be flawless. I cancelled all of my open orders and I think I am done with Sideshow.