Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

1 and Only Movie Figures and Collectibles Discussion

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

1 and Only Movie Figures and Collectibles Discussion

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-15, 01:09 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,154 Likes on 901 Posts
Re: 1 and Only Movie Figures and Collectibles Discussion

Originally Posted by fujishig
Where would you put that DeLorean, though? That thing is gigantic. I've avoided a few figures because they don't fit comfortably in a Detolf (Hot Toy's Hulk barely makes it, I doubt Hulkbuster will)
For the DeLorean I'm making room. One of my absolute favorite film vehicles of all time and its always been a dream car to own in real life which probably won't ever happen, but this could give me some satisfaction to own. Plus having a Marty and hopefully Doc will be cool, but the DeLorean is really almost a must for a proper Back to the Future display in my opinion. Also at this point in time I don't have a place of my own (still working on finding a place) but eventually when I do have my own home or apartment or whatever I hope to have a spare room that will pretty much be just my geek stuff like figures, trade paperbacks/graphic novels, Blu-rays/DVDs, Vinyl/CDs, etc.

Last edited by Mike86; 01-20-15 at 01:16 PM.
Old 01-20-15, 01:10 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 443 Likes on 250 Posts

Where would you put that DeLorean, though? That thing is gigantic. I've avoided a few figures because they don't fit comfortably in a Detolf (Hot Toy's Hulk barely makes it, I doubt Hulkbuster will)
I don't have the room right now to display it. I guess I am hoping that one day I will have the room or maybe I have collector sickness
Old 01-20-15, 01:39 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 25 Likes on 16 Posts

We can start a support group for people like us.
Old 01-20-15, 01:48 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Hadrian7
We can start a support group for people like us.
LOL

I need a support group for a lot of things
Old 01-20-15, 01:50 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,067 Likes on 646 Posts

Originally Posted by Jaymole
And since I am a completest, I would have to buy the car if I order the Marty figure.
Originally Posted by Mike86
Plus having a Marty and hopefully Doc will be cool, but the DeLorean is really almost a must for a proper Back to the Future display in my opinion.
I was sold on the Marty figure until they came out with the DeLorean. Since I can't pay that much money for the DeLorean, I think I am going to pass on the Marty figure now. I could easily pass on a Doc figure but having the Marty figure without the DeLorean would bug the shit out of me.

Just too much money. They are beautiful to look at but there are too many other functional things I can spend a grand on.
Old 01-20-15, 01:59 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 547 Likes on 340 Posts

I own:
Batman 1966 Hot Toys
Robin 1966 Hot Toys
Battle Damaged Teminator T-800 Hot Toys
Prequels Yoda Sideshow
Vampire Willow Sideshow. I didn't even know they did the Buffy The Vampire Slayer figures. I have had this one for years without realizing who made it.

My pre-orders list:

Snake Plissken Sideshow
R2D2 Sideshow
C3PO Sideshow
Darth Vader Hot Toys
Han Solo Hot Toys
Chewbacca Hot Toys
John Matrix Hot Toys
Robocop Battle Damaged Hot Toys

There are several others that I want but I think those are enough for now...or until Hot Toys announces a Jedi Luke Skywalker that is.
Old 01-20-15, 02:40 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I have a bunch of stuff on pre-order currently.

Sideshow:
Hoth Luke
Hoth Han
R2-D2
C3PO
Tie Fighter Pilot
Indiana Jones
Boba Fett (waitlist)

Hot Toys:
Shadow Trooper
Han Solo
Chewbacca
Marty McFly

The way I'm justifying it is that a bunch of them aren't slated to be out until later in the year and maybe will cross into 2016. I probably won't order too much more this year though. Plus some of them if they don't turn out good I'll cancel.

Last edited by Mike86; 01-20-15 at 07:43 PM.
Old 01-20-15, 02:55 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,931 Likes on 1,493 Posts

Yeah, I understand the sickness, it's just that the DeLorean looks like the size of a coffee table. I remember they released some Batman vehicle (I think it was the bat) which wasn't even at 1/6 size but was still so massive it shipped in it's own crate...

But everything goes out the window when they announce the Hot Toys 1/6 scale At-At.
Old 01-20-15, 05:33 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I have:

Batman Armory

Batman and Robin 66

MOS Superman

And the Captain America/Steve Rogers and Arkham City Batman on flexpay.
Old 01-20-15, 05:40 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Yeah, I understand the sickness, it's just that the DeLorean looks like the size of a coffee table. I remember they released some Batman vehicle (I think it was the bat) which wasn't even at 1/6 size but was still so massive it shipped in it's own crate...

But everything goes out the window when they announce the Hot Toys 1/6 scale At-At.
The only vehicle I have is the Bat-Pod which isn't too big. I know that the Tumbler and 89 Batmobile are both pretty oversized though. I imagine the DeLorean would be a bit smaller than either of those though as the real car isn't as big as either of those were.
Old 01-20-15, 06:59 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Here's what I have on pre-order from Sideshow (which I now do all my Hot Toys pre-orders with since they have flex pay)

Hot Toys:
Vader
Tony Stark (w/ Arc Reactor)
1/4 Baby Groot
Iron Man Mk 43 (Avengers:AOU)
Iron Man Mk XXV - Striker
Iron Man Mk XXII - Hot Rod
Iron Man Mk III (Die Cast)
Iron Man Mk XLI - Bones
Iron Man Mk XXXIX - Star Boost
Iron Man Mk XXXVIII - Igor
Iron Man II - Whiplash II (Die Cast)
Iron Man Construction Diorama
1/4 Bobba Fett
Black Hole/Shadow Storm Trooper
Commando - John Matrix
Gordon/Blake/Bat Signal
Storm Trooper 2 pack
X-Men DOFP Wolverine
Robocop BD with Murphy
Han and Chewbacca two pack
BTTF Marty
BTTF DeLorian
Arkham Asylum Batman
GOTG Gamorra
GOTG Rocket and Groot
GOTG Star Lord
1/12 Bat
Captain America: TWS Cap and Steve two pack
Captain America: TWS Falcon
Metal Gear Solid Raiden

Sideshow:
Indian Jones (Temple of Doom)
Scout Trooper and Speederbike
Hoth Luke
Hoth Han - Brown Jacket
Hoth Han - Blue Jacket
Hoth TaunTaun
Snake Plisken

I'm not even going to attempt to list all the Hot Toys, Sideshow and Enterbay figures I have.....My name is Checkmate....and I'm an addict. I need to put up pics but I'm waiting to re-org my shelves with new stuff I've got or that I will be shipping soon from BBTS. This is an expensive hobby.
Old 01-20-15, 07:01 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 25 Likes on 16 Posts

That looks suspiciously like my list as well... With a few substitutions of course. It's bad when you have 2k in Sideshow points and opt not to use them to bank them for other items...

Points don't expire do they?
Old 01-20-15, 07:13 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Checkmate
Here's what I have on pre-order from Sideshow (which I now do all my Hot Toys pre-orders with since they have flex pay)

Hot Toys:
Vader
Tony Stark (w/ Arc Reactor)
1/4 Baby Groot
Iron Man Mk 43 (Avengers:AOU)
Iron Man Mk XXV - Striker
Iron Man Mk XXII - Hot Rod
Iron Man Mk III (Die Cast)
Iron Man Mk XLI - Bones
Iron Man Mk XXXIX - Star Boost
Iron Man Mk XXXVIII - Igor
Iron Man II - Whiplash II (Die Cast)
Iron Man Construction Diorama
1/4 Bobba Fett
Black Hole/Shadow Storm Trooper
Commando - John Matrix
Gordon/Blake/Bat Signal
Storm Trooper 2 pack
X-Men DOFP Wolverine
Robocop BD with Murphy
Han and Chewbacca two pack
BTTF Marty
BTTF DeLorian
Arkham Asylum Batman
GOTG Gamorra
GOTG Rocket and Groot
GOTG Star Lord
1/12 Bat
Captain America: TWS Cap and Steve two pack
Captain America: TWS Falcon
Metal Gear Solid Raiden

Sideshow:
Indian Jones (Temple of Doom)
Scout Trooper and Speederbike
Hoth Luke
Hoth Han - Brown Jacket
Hoth Han - Blue Jacket
Hoth TaunTaun
Snake Plisken

I'm not even going to attempt to list all the Hot Toys, Sideshow and Enterbay figures I have.....My name is Checkmate....and I'm an addict. I need to put up pics but I'm waiting to re-org my shelves with new stuff I've got or that I will be shipping soon from BBTS. This is an expensive hobby.
Whenever I feel bad about the number of pre-orders I have I'm just going to look at this list. I'm sure more will be added to my list too. I'm going to cave on Vader eventually and when Obi-Wan, Luke, and Leia from A New Hope go up they'll be ordered too. Fuck this hobby.

Last edited by Mike86; 01-20-15 at 07:28 PM.
Old 01-20-15, 07:17 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Hadrian7
That looks suspiciously like my list as well... With a few substitutions of course. It's bad when you have 2k in Sideshow points and opt not to use them to bank them for other items...

Points don't expire do they?
That's a good question as I'm banking mine as well so I can buy the 66 Batmobile free and clear (assuming its still coming out). If not I'll see if a premium format figure (cmon we all know they're statues) tickles my fancy.

The real problem with this hobby (other than the money and space to display) is the storage needed for the boxes when not in use. I've got a huge storage closet full of boxes with accessories not in use. Doesn't make sense to get rid of them since it's such a useful place to store everything related to the figure.
Old 01-20-15, 07:21 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,931 Likes on 1,493 Posts

Originally Posted by Checkmate
That's a good question as I'm banking mine as well so I can buy the 66 Batmobile free and clear (assuming its still coming out). If not I'll see if a premium format figure (cmon we all know they're statues) tickles my fancy.

The real problem with this hobby (other than the money and space to display) is the storage needed for the boxes when not in use. I've got a huge storage closet full of boxes with accessories not in use. Doesn't make sense to get rid of them since it's such a useful place to store everything related to the figure.
Plus the boxes are gorgeous. And the cardboard boxes they come in protect them really well.

My first Hot Toys was an Iron Man battle damaged Mk III (which I'm still afraid to reopen because of the pink plastic disease it probably has). It was the only one I had for quite some time, and there were many times I contemplated getting rid of the box to save space, and I just couldn't do it. And now there are boxes everywhere.
Old 01-21-15, 09:02 AM
Suspended

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My green Ivy and Keaton PF is coming next week.

My pre orders are

HT Chewie
HT Boba
HT Batman Returns- Batman, Catwoman, Penguin. OH NEVERMIND, THOSE DONT FUCKING EXIST. FUCK YOU HT!!!
Old 01-21-15, 09:09 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by banthafett
My green Ivy and Keaton PF is coming next week.

My pre orders are

HT Chewie
HT Boba
HT Batman Returns- Batman, Catwoman, Penguin. OH NEVERMIND, THOSE DONT FUCKING EXIST. FUCK YOU HT!!!
I'm not sure what the hang up on these figures are to be honest. Hot Toys announced the license back in 2012 I believe but so far all we've seen is a prototype Keaton Batman at one of last year's Toy Fairs. I'd be in for at least a Keaton Batman and would hope for a ripped cowl sculpt of Keaton from the end of the film. I'd consider also a Catwoman. Ideally it'd be cool if she came out in two versions, one clean suit and one that's tattered and battle damaged.
Old 01-21-15, 09:15 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I'm not sure what the hang up on these figures are to be honest. Hot Toys announced the license back in 2012 I believe but so far all we've seen is a prototype Keaton Batman at one of last year's Toy Fairs. I'd be in for at least a Keaton Batman and would hope for a ripped cowl sculpt of Keaton from the end of the film. I'd consider also a Catwoman. Ideally it'd be cool if she came out in two versions, one clean suit and one that's tattered and battle damaged.
I'm guessing due to the poor sales of the 89 Batman. Hot Toys has a history of ending their lines if the initial figures don't sell well (Watchmen, Sucker Punch, Planet of the Apes....etc).
Old 01-21-15, 09:18 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

I'm guessing due to the poor sales of the 89 Batman. Hot Toys has a history of ending their lines if the initial figures don't sell well (Watchmen, Sucker Punch, Planet of the Apes....etc).
I think they only 89 Batman toy to not do well was the Mime version of the Joker, seeing as that one is easily available and often on sale.
Old 01-21-15, 09:25 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I don't think the Batman figures sold badly though. The figures and the Batmobile all sold out (except for the Mime Joker variant which not many seemed to want). Granted they didn't sell out instantly but within a year I'd say of when they were initially put out. They're also regarded as some of the better figures Hot Toys has done. I think more or less what it comes down to is the fact that Batman Returns wasn't as popular as the first film so they probably realize that the Keaton Batman will sell pretty well but maybe not so much Penguin or Catwoman. I think the figures will come eventually I just don't think the line is a top priority.

Last edited by Mike86; 01-21-15 at 09:38 AM.
Old 01-21-15, 09:46 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 229 Likes on 157 Posts

Poor sales for the '89 Bats? No way. Damn thing is commanding $400-$500 on the secondary market.
Old 01-21-15, 09:57 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by candyrocket786
Poor sales for the '89 Bats? No way. Damn thing is commanding $400-$500 on the secondary market.
I was thinking more about the Joker & the Batmobile, They were on sale in a local store for many months before selling out.
Old 01-21-15, 10:04 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by candyrocket786
Yeah, that's one thing about this hobby. If you miss out on something secondary market prices can be a bitch. Granted a lot of it boils down to how in demand the character or figure is, but for the most part you're better off getting something right away if you can than waiting.

I was thinking more about the Joker & the Batmobile, They were on sale in a local store for many months before selling out.
I would guess at a local store Hot Toys items are probably less likely to sell fast. They aren't the type of thing a casual shopper would just buy knowing nothing about the items especially given how much they cost. The figures and the Batmobile sold out on the online retailers pretty quickly though.
Old 01-21-15, 10:09 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I would guess at a local store Hot Toys items are probably less likely to sell fast. They aren't the type of thing a casual shopper would just buy knowing nothing about the items especially given how much they cost. The figures and the Batmobile sold out on the online retailers pretty quickly though.
Yes, I was just gauging by that store and comparing it to other Hot Toy figures they sold.

I cannot afford to buy many figures, so I don't like checking the values on the secondary market as it just makes me cry when I see how much some figures go for that I missed out on.

I gave up on the Iron Man figures as they just release way too many of them and I just can't keep up. I think the last one I bought was 2 years ago.
Old 01-21-15, 10:14 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 229 Likes on 157 Posts

Yeah, that's one thing about this hobby. If you miss out on something secondary market prices can be a bitch. Granted a lot of it boils down to how in demand the character or figure is, but for the most part you're better off getting something right away if you can than waiting.
That's why most of pre-orders are Hot Toys. Secondary market for anything Iron Man is a huge bitch, especially those retailer exclusive figures (Midas, Python, etc). Of course, I have to work that stuff in between my prop replicas, sideshow 1/4 scale statues, popculture shock statues, and other stuff.

The casual shopper is completely in the dark about these things even after CNN/yahoo did a story on them (I assume most shoppers watch CNN or ready yahoo). Hell, I gave my buddy's 8-year old son the MOS Hot Toys figure for Christmas (he's a big supes fan). Freakin loved it.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.