DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Movie Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/movie-talk-17/)
-   -   Johnson Family Vacation completely takes over and swallows HBO (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/movie-talk/452158-johnson-family-vacation-completely-takes-over-swallows-hbo.html)

caligulathegod 01-13-06 05:43 PM

Johnson Family Vacation completely takes over and swallows HBO

Oh my freaking God, is Johnson Family Vacation EVER going to not be on HBO? I swear, it's been on every day for 6 months now.

Any other movies seem to get overplayed on the cable networks? List'em here.

I remember when Beastmaster used to be on every other week on the Turner networks.

Rypro 525 01-13-06 05:45 PM

*cough* Shawshank Redemption in the late 90's on TNT

JumpCutz 01-13-06 06:22 PM

HBO=Hey Beastmaster's On

Well at least 'Johnson Family Vacation' is a timeless classic unlike that Shawshank drivel.

Mano 01-13-06 06:26 PM

You can add Contact to the overplayed TNT list too. Great movie though.

Matthew Chmiel 01-13-06 09:50 PM

I remember one summer in the early '90s where it seemed that HBO played Killer Klowns From Outer Space every day.

Joe Molotov 01-13-06 10:00 PM

Back when I was in college, it seemed like everytime I turned over there it was House Party 3.

Sekots 01-14-06 02:17 AM

The Comedy Central Secret Stash movies are always the same, either South Park, Dave Chappelle, or Jay and Silent Bob.

The Bus 01-14-06 09:38 AM

The list begins and ends with TNT and The Devil's Advocate. I never bought the DVD because I literally only had to wait three days before it would be on again.

Mondo Kane 01-14-06 11:23 AM

More TNT madness:

The Mummy
A Few Good Men (This ALWAYS plays whenever I get a hotel room somewhere)
Rush Hour (I think TBS plays it more)

Something tells me a certain Julia Roberts movie gets major airplay. Can't figure out which one.

madara 01-14-06 01:24 PM

Originally Posted by JumpCutz
HBO=Hey Beastmaster's On

Well at least 'Johnson Family Vacation' is a timeless classic unlike that Shawshank drivel.

Wow, just wow. Didnt think statement like that could fly here so long without reply.

JPRaup 01-14-06 01:29 PM

recently

8 mile on vh1

chase3001 01-15-06 03:59 AM

Pleasantville is always on TBS. It's probably on right now.

movieking 01-15-06 05:52 AM

Top Gun on TBS is the king of repeat broadcasts. Also can't forget the Patrick Swayze twins Dirty Dancing and Road House

Adam Tyner 01-15-06 09:40 AM

Originally Posted by Matthew Chmiel
I remember one summer in the early '90s where it seemed that HBO played Killer Klowns From Outer Space every day.

Yes!

Although I'm almost 100% sure it was 1989, not the early '90s, assuming we're talking about the same summer. I remember because I spent that summer visiting family, and every single day, I'd get a Chicken McNuggets happy meal and watch <i>Killer Klowns from Outer Space</i>, <i>Howling III: The Marsupials</i>, and <i>Ghoulies 2</i>. Not only did they air pretty much every single day, but they usually aired back-to-back.

Matthew Chmiel 01-15-06 02:00 PM

Originally Posted by Adam Tyner
Yes!

Although I'm almost 100% sure it was 1989, not the early '90s, assuming we're talking about the same summer. I remember because I spent that summer visiting family, and every single day, I'd get a Chicken McNuggets happy meal and watch <i>Killer Klowns from Outer Space</i>, <i>Howling III: The Marsupials</i>, and <i>Ghoulies 2</i>. Not only did they air pretty much every single day, but they usually aired back-to-back.

It could've been 1989. I do remember that I was four (1989) or five (1990) at the time, and I would watch it every day. Don't remember Howling III or Ghoulies 2.

Bacon 01-15-06 02:05 PM

Sportscenter(ok so it's a TV show not a movie) on ESPN, they show it every damn night :mad:

I'm surpised no one said the 24 hour showing of A Christmas Story on TBS, I lvoe the movie but 24 hours stright is too many, show other Christmas movies as well

Matthew Chmiel 01-15-06 02:07 PM

Originally Posted by Canadian Bacon
I'm surpised no one said the 24 hour showing of A Christmas Story on TBS, I lvoe the movie but 24 hours stright is too many, show other Christmas movies as well

But that's only done once a year. That could apply to any holiday-themed film (like NBC shows It's a Wonderful Life at least 3-4 times during the season).

nickdawgy 01-16-06 03:26 AM

Starz/Encore plays Kill Bill 1 and 2, and Pulp Fiction five or six times a day spread across the 13 channels. I never thought I'd get tired of any of those movies, but damn.

tsohg 01-16-06 08:56 AM

Where's the love for Above the Rim and Friday on USA?

Mr. Cinema 01-16-06 09:09 AM

TBS used to constantly show Above the Rim late at night.

SINGLE104 01-16-06 10:13 AM

Originally Posted by caligulathegod
Oh my freaking God, is Johnson Family Vacation EVER going to not be on HBO? I swear, it's been on every day for 6 months now.

Any other movies seem to get overplayed on the cable networks? List'em here.

I remember when Beastmaster used to be on every other week on the Turner networks.

I don't know why, because it's a terrible movie!

Matthew Chmiel 01-16-06 02:22 PM

Originally Posted by SINGLE104
I don't know why, because it's a terrible movie!

What? Johnston Family Vacation or The Beastmaster?

I'll agree with everyone on the crap that is Johnston, but don't ever start talking smack about the cinema classic that was The Beastmaster!

Michael Corvin 01-16-06 03:42 PM

an oldie, but in the 80s HBO ran the Burbs about 4 times a day for about 6 months.

nickdawgy 01-16-06 04:00 PM

Originally Posted by Matthew Chmiel
What? Johnston Family Vacation or The Beastmaster?

I'll agree with everyone on the crap that is Johnston, but don't ever start talking smack about the cinema classic that was The Beastmaster!

It's so bad you changed the name ;)

nickdawgy 01-16-06 04:00 PM

Originally Posted by Michael Corvin
an oldie, but in the 80s HBO ran the Burbs about 4 times a day for about 6 months.

I love that movie.