Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Lousy previews for good movies.

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Lousy previews for good movies.

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-05, 04:52 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I was looking through online trailers a few weeks ago, and I rented a few movies based on the ones that looked good. I saw this one, The Shining, and boy...that movie was nothing like it's trailer! My grandma and I were expecting a family feel good movie, and that's definitely not what we got. She almost went into cardiac arrest. Horrible trailer.

-JP
Old 12-29-05, 12:01 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3,194 Likes on 2,061 Posts
Originally Posted by NatrlBornThrllr
I was looking through online trailers a few weeks ago, and I rented a few movies based on the ones that looked good. I saw this one, The Shining, and boy...that movie was nothing like it's trailer! My grandma and I were expecting a family feel good movie, and that's definitely not what we got. She almost went into cardiac arrest. Horrible trailer.

-JP
You rented the wrong flick, The Shining is a scary film from Stanley Kubrick. Shining is the feel good family movie you were looking for.
Old 12-29-05, 07:59 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by majorjoe23
The very first Pirates of the Carribean trailer was horrible. Not the teaser, the first full trailer.
Yeah, I wasn't going to go see the film but it had such great word of mouth, I thought I would check it out. Worth watching.
Old 12-29-05, 08:00 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Yeah, that Shining trailer is really funny. I would love it if that was the way they marketed the film. I heard the trailer for Gremlins make it look like an ET clone or something of that nature.
Old 12-29-05, 09:17 PM

The trailer for Kiss Kiss Bang Bang made me confused. I went to the movie on Shane Black's name alone, and it was one of the best films of the year.
The X-Men (1) trailer also made the film look like shit. All the trailers they made for that film had some crappy techno playing. Made it look like the Mortal Kombat movie.
Old 12-30-05, 06:04 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
another bad trailer was for Moulin Rouge! i think the singing (this was before the success of chicago) was what scared people from the movie. that is one of the big movies that i discovered on dvd.
Old 12-30-05, 06:34 PM
Banned

The Italian Job remake is a pretty good flick... for having a trailer that spelled out every single plot point.