Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Date Movie (Alyson Hannigan) Trailer

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Date Movie (Alyson Hannigan) Trailer

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-06, 10:24 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Looks amusing enough to me. Stupid movie humor works on me though, a lot of the time. Hell I thought Scary Movie was hilarious when I saw it. Part 2...well, not so much.
Old 01-13-06, 10:38 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,067 Likes on 646 Posts
Wow...is that really a trailer for a real movie? I thought I was watching a SNL skit (except it didn't go on for 10 minutes longer than it should).

That was truly horrible. But I have to admit the hose part was kinda funny. Everything else...simply awful.
Old 02-06-06, 02:04 AM

The filmmakers obviously strung together parodies of recent movies and TV shows, which means its already dated. It seems that nobody has learned from Zucker-Abrahams-Zucker. And unfortunately, people will pay money to see this, ensuring a Date Movie 2 in a few years.

Last edited by Ravid; 02-06-06 at 02:09 AM.
Old 02-06-06, 09:32 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Ravid
The filmmakers obviously strung together parodies of recent movies and TV shows, which means its already dated. It seems that nobody has learned from Zucker-Abrahams-Zucker. And unfortunately, people will pay money to see this, ensuring a Date Movie 2 in a few years.
The people involved with this film wrote the original draft of Scary Movie, of course they haven't learned shit. For Christ's sake, there's a Wedding Planner reference in the trailers. Who the fuck in Middle America remembers that film?

And the sad thing is, this will be the number one movie in America in two weeks.
Old 02-06-06, 11:21 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by Matthew Chmiel
The people involved with this film wrote the original draft of Scary Movie, of course they haven't learned shit. For Christ's sake, there's a Wedding Planner reference in the trailers. Who the fuck in Middle America remembers that film?
I guess you remember that film

This movie does look horrible, and I usually like to give the benefit of the doubt. I almost feel bad for Hannigan, but then again she probably got a nice pay day for this one. Plus I guess it is a leading role in a film, and I doubt she gets offered a ton of those. Maybe, just maybe this can led to bigger and better things (I can hope, can't I?).
Old 02-06-06, 01:47 PM

These guys are parodying comedies (Napoleon Dynamite, Meet the Fockers, Wedding Crashers, etc). They're missing the point of parody entirely, which is to deflate a genre that usually takes itself seriously.
Old 02-06-06, 05:28 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Anybody who laughs at that trailer (and that milkshake song) should be executed on site with no questions asked.
Old 02-06-06, 10:58 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

On that note...here's the trailer for Scary Movie 4...

http://movies.yahoo.com/feature/scarymovie4.html
Old 02-09-06, 08:45 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I don't give a shit what anyone says. Shriek If You Know What I Did Last Friday the 13th was the best parody film in the past decade.

Then again, what do I know. That ended up going direct-to-television after Rhino couldn't find a studio willing to distribute it.