Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

The Ten Steps -10 minute horror short

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-05, 06:48 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Has anyone seen this film? I've read nothing but great things about this short film. I believe it's attached to 'Wolf Creek' for its European release.
This review was lifted from IMDB.

Absolute Genius, 18 July 2005

Author: amerikanX

I work at a film center in NYC and had the pleasure (for the third time in a row) of running the Craic Film Fleadh. The Ten Steps screened about halfway through, and I have never been so impressed with a short film. It's incredibly basic...two simple locations, very few actors, total bare bones production, yet the single most effective movie I've seen in a long time.

This film, though short, seems to drag on for much longer, increasing with the fear of the little girl, resulting in the most unsettling shivers from head to foot once you reach the conclusion. I never get scared or upset by films, very rarely, yet this had me breathing hard and shaking for the rest of the night, it's so well made and does its job perfectly. In fact, I'd go so far as to say that it's flawless. And I normally love to rip films apart, so that's saying a lot.

If you EVER have the chance to see this movie, you really should. It's easily one of the best films ever made, a mere ten minutes though it may be. I normally dislike shorts as well, but this one is just...well, you really have to see it to understand. No one who saw it that night left without feeling thoroughly shaken. It's film-making at its most brilliant and definitely not something to pass up.