DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Movie Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/movie-talk-17/)
-   -   Ebay: Toothpick from the set of Fight Club.... (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/movie-talk/445799-ebay-toothpick-set-fight-club.html)

MartinBlank 11-18-05 09:59 PM

Ebay: Toothpick from the set of Fight Club....

http://cgi.ebay.com/A-WELL_W0QQitemZ7563615058

Sex Fiend 11-18-05 11:19 PM

Well, I think the toothpick would be worth a lot more if Brad Pitt had autographed it...

Joe Molotov 11-19-05 01:06 AM

"With this limited time offer you will get a nice hand crafted case and a letter of Authenticity."

There are people who authenticate these kinds of things? Did they do a DNA test on the saliva? :confused:

NatrlBornThrllr 11-19-05 02:04 AM

Originally Posted by Joe Molotov
There are people who authenticate these kinds of things?

No.

DGibFen 11-19-05 09:43 AM

Well, there was a production designer named Alex McDowell on the set of Fight Club... but the seller spelled his name "Alex McDowel".

56 bucks for this so far? Sheese.

digitalfreaknyc 11-19-05 11:40 AM

$15 shipping for a toothpick.

Gotta love it.

tanman 11-21-05 02:18 AM

Did you see what other items he is selling?

"This lucky dime made me millions!" After he complains he is selling the toothpick because he needs the money.

And apparently he knows where Osama is and can speak with Einstein.

Jake77444 11-21-05 03:23 AM

From one of his auctions

"Now let me give you a small idea of who I am and what I have accomplished. I graduated from grade school and tested from high school at the age of 6. Then I attended Harvard University because my father urged me to become a lawyer. I learned that law was not a passion for me so after I graduated with honors I decided to take the Florida bar exam and passed without an inkling of difficulty, all this while still being at an early age of 9. Once I was done with law I decided to take a dab in the medical field, and to make a long story short I have a quadruple doctorate in pediatric surgery, cardiovascular surgery, gastro intestinal surgery, and a dental degree if you even call that a doctorate… "

Zenn 11-21-05 07:06 AM

LOL, this guy is amazing

Groucho 11-21-05 07:07 AM

Fake movie props are the relics of the 21st century.

I'm reminded of "The Christ Nail" episode of "Curb Your Enthusiasm."

Maxflier 11-21-05 09:40 AM

"Now let me give you a small idea of who I am and what I have accomplished. I graduated from grade school and tested from high school at the age of 6. Then I attended Harvard University because my father urged me to become a lawyer. I learned that law was not a passion for me so after I graduated with honors I decided to take the Florida bar exam and passed without an inkling of difficulty, all this while still being at an early age of 9. Once I was done with law I decided to take a dab in the medical field, and to make a long story short I have a quadruple doctorate in pediatric surgery, cardiovascular surgery, gastro intestinal surgery, and a dental degree if you even call that a doctorate… "
People like that always crack me up. If you are going to lie, at least make the shit somewhat believable.

cleaver 11-21-05 10:11 AM

I wonder if his father used to make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark.

Joe Molotov 11-21-05 10:33 AM

$56 for the toothpick. I wish I'd known about this sooner.

*buys a 100-count bag of toothpicks*

Dan1boy 11-21-05 01:27 PM

Too bad I'm not famous; otherwise I'd sell the toothpick I used after dinner at Denny's last night. It still has a tiny piece of noodle stuck to it from the Fetuccini Alfredo.

Shannon Nutt 11-21-05 01:41 PM

I had a friend in high school whose brother was in the military and actually had a napkin that Ronald Reagan wiped his mouth on when he ate dinner aboard a Naval vessel...I wonder how much THAT would go for on Ebay? :hscratch:

DRG 11-21-05 04:08 PM

Just a new breed of Ebayers hoping to hook Goldenpalace.com with a bunch of inane items. That a real person actually fell for one is sad. Hell, even if he had a video of Brad Pitt putting the toothpick in his mouth and handing it over to the seller on the set, I still wouldn't pay even $10 for a frickin' toothpick.

Brent L 11-21-05 11:06 PM

Originally Posted by tanman
Did you see what other items he is selling?

"This lucky dime made me millions!" After he complains he is selling the toothpick because he needs the money.

I love that it says this in the auction:

For the first time in my life I will be giving one very special person a once in a life time offer, I will be giving away my very special one of a kind lucky dime. It all started one beautiful day many years ago. When I was a wee little toddler and the big man himself walked up to me Donald Trump. He walked up to me and through a dime at me thinking that I was a child begging for money. And for some reason after that dime was put in my care I started having an incredible sense of luck. My intelligence flourished, and I ended up going to law school, medical school and became a very successful individual in this world.
But then, look at the picture of the dime:

http://i12.ebayimg.com/01/i/05/86/54/4b_1.JPG

:lol:

Made only better when you read what has been posted in this thread already:

Joe Molotov 11-21-05 11:09 PM

Considering he can just use his incredible IQ to win the lottery at whim, money shouldn't be much of a problem for him.

mndtrp 11-21-05 11:48 PM

So, he invented time travel as well? This guy is the coolest. If I was female or gay, I'd be all over him in an instant.

lukewarmwater 11-21-05 11:59 PM

this is al gore's son