Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Which to see first: Walk the Line or Harry Potter?

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-05, 07:38 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Wow, finally a weekend that has 2 movies that I really want to see. So, what's your plan? Which do you want to see first?
Old 11-17-05, 07:40 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
No question. Walk the line is a movie that looks interesting but Harry Potter is an event type movie.
Old 11-17-05, 07:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Harry Potter for sure this week. If I get the bug to go see Phoenix preen, it will be next week.
Old 11-17-05, 08:15 PM

Received 99 Likes on 82 Posts
Walk the Line for me.
Old 11-17-05, 08:38 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
Already saw Walk the line, doing potter tomorrow.
Old 11-17-05, 08:44 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 203 Likes on 157 Posts
I say Potter, because that is what I'm doing and I'm a role model for all dang it!

Seriously, do Potter ASAP, and save Walk the Line for a Sunday afternoon matinee, like me...
Old 11-17-05, 08:56 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Potter. I love the series, I love the actors, I love the mythos, I just love it.

I'll wait for Walk the Line to come out on DVD. Biopics are all kind of DVD material anyway.

Harry Potter is an event.
Old 11-17-05, 11:06 PM
Retired

Harry Potter.

It's an event movie that has to be seen on the big screen. Walk the Line is a biopic that will be just as good on DVD IMO.
Old 11-18-05, 11:48 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
I would probably see WTL first, since it's not likely to be as crowded, and the audience should be more mature. I'd wait about a week for the crowds of kids to die down for HP.
Old 11-18-05, 11:51 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Well I already saw Goblet last night and have absolutely no desire to see Walk the Line. So there's your answer.
Old 11-18-05, 12:06 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 114 Likes on 101 Posts
The Man in Black

Originally Posted by Josh Hinkle
Harry Potter.

It's an event movie that has to be seen on the big screen. Walk the Line is a biopic that will be just as good on DVD IMO.
The other way around for me. I don't mind the Potter movies, but I always wait for them to come on HBO.
Old 11-18-05, 12:07 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I'm seeing Potter this weekend and Walk the Line next Friday after I get done with my BF shopping. Have to see Potter this weekend. It's the event.
Old 11-18-05, 02:09 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
You really do need to see Harry potter on the big screen. This one is PG-13, I dont know if it will stop any parents from brining thir children but maybe. Best thing I have found is try to see it while all the kids are in school if you get the chance. If not maybe a last showing. Im gonna catch WtL mon when I get back in town
Old 11-18-05, 03:07 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Potter
Old 11-18-05, 04:39 PM
DRG
DVD Talk Legend

Maybe they should've changed the name of Walk the Line to
Johnny Cash and the Ring of Fire.
Old 11-20-05, 12:40 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Jackskeleton
Already saw Walk the line, doing potter tomorrow.
I thought that was illegal in at least 48 states.
Old 11-20-05, 12:48 AM

Saw the midnight showing of Harry Potter on Thursday night. Seeing Walk The Line on Sunday night. Hopefully it wont be too busy.
Old 11-20-05, 12:52 AM

See Walk the Line. I'll probably never see either of them in my lifetime, but if I had to pick one I'd say see Walk the Line, because it's not Harry Potter. I never understood the appeal of Harry Potter. I'm not trying to diss it, I'm just trying to understand why people like it. I've only seen the first one, because my sister rented it one day. And even then I only watched 75% of it.
Old 11-20-05, 07:39 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Well I went to Potter on Fri night and went to Walk the Line on Saturday morning...Could have easliy been the other way around, but I thought less kids on Fri night as compared to Saturday...Plus HP is has been one of my long awaited films this year.
Old 11-20-05, 08:05 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
Originally Posted by Johny Boy
See Walk the Line. I'll probably never see either of them in my lifetime, but if I had to pick one I'd say see Walk the Line, because it's not Harry Potter. I never understood the appeal of Harry Potter. I'm not trying to diss it, I'm just trying to understand why people like it.

I'm going to make some wild guess here, but perhaps it's because taste very and it appeals to a good majority of folks?

Or maybe simply because it's entertaining to those who enjoy it. who would have thunk it?
Old 11-20-05, 08:11 PM

Originally Posted by Jackskeleton
I'm going to make some wild guess here, but perhaps it's because taste very and it appeals to a good majority of folks?

Or maybe simply because it's entertaining to those who enjoy it. who would have thunk it?
Usually I can understand why a certain majority likes something, even if I don't like it. But in rare instances, like Field of Dreams and Harry Potter I have more trouble understanding the appeal. Fair enough answer though, thanks.
Old 11-20-05, 08:31 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Harry Potter (actually I already saw it yesterday)
Walk The Line will wait for DVD, although I do really want to see it.
Old 11-20-05, 08:45 PM
Suspended pending providing a working email address

Walk the Line looks boring. Johnny Cash bored me, a movie about him would bore me even more.
Old 11-20-05, 08:46 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Johny Boy
Usually I can understand why a certain majority likes something, even if I don't like it. But in rare instances, like Field of Dreams and Harry Potter I have more trouble understanding the appeal. Fair enough answer though, thanks.
To be fair, the books are quite entertaining. The appeal of the series is seeing how the books translate into movies. Also each successive movie is darker than the next. The fourth Potter movie is not as much of a kid's movie as most people unfamiliar with the series would expect. There is death, some mutilation, a fair about of randy ghost activity, and some strong emotions in this installment.

One could say the same thing about a biopic of Johnny Cash that you're saying about Harry Potter. Why go see a biopic in the theater? It's all in where your taste lies. I like Johnny Cash and I like Juaquin Phoenix, but I don't like either of them enough to see Walk the Line in the theater.
Old 11-20-05, 11:19 PM

Originally Posted by mllefoo
One could say the same thing about a biopic of Johnny Cash that you're saying about Harry Potter. Why go see a biopic in the theater? It's all in where your taste lies. I like Johnny Cash and I like Juaquin Phoenix, but I don't like either of them enough to see Walk the Line in the theater.
I have no plans to ever see Walk the Line, either. I would say the same thing about it if it were as popular as Harry Potter. Anyway, thanks for the info about Harry Potter. To each his own.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.