DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Movie Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/movie-talk-17/)
-   -   Need help finding the title of 2 older movies. (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/movie-talk/444932-need-help-finding-title-2-older-movies.html)

Scratchbird 11-12-05 11:45 AM

Need help finding the title of 2 older movies.

I remember watching 3 movies growing up, that as a child I thought were neat but would like to see them again. Both were horror/scary films. I was kinda hoping I could jog someone's memory here and they could help me remember the titles so I could try and find them. Thanks!

Film one... older movie, remember seeing it on tv in the seventies. I think possibly it was an english horror film. I remember it being in black and white. The setting was the country side and these monsters where killing and eating - starting with animals then working their way up to humans - by covering up the victim and disolving all the flesh and internal bits and leaving just a pile of soggy (half digested) bones that kinda looked like really big spaghetti piles.... ring a bell with anyone?

Film two... it was a zombie or demon movie, cant remember which, but lots of killings and eating of victims. Started off with a plane landing and zombie/demons rushing off it and infecting a continent... ended with a person waking up from it all being a dream with it starting again in real life (plane coming in for a landing). I remember a television station being over run while in the middle of filming a talk show or something and being attacked on camera...

Film three... this was a monster movie, in color. I keep thinking the title is Boob tube or something to do with a tv. Some family (2 parents, 2 kids i think) accidentally pick up a transmission from space on their satellite dish and this ~thing~ is transported into the house. The best way I can describe it is in D&D terms , a gibbering mouther... a huge odd shaped fleshy thing with a huge or many mouths that's ravenous.... the kids in the movie kinda are the only ones who realize it's there while this thing chows down on some of the parents friends who are throwing a party at the time.... at the end, it turns out to be a pet of some alien (like a puppy) and they come down to get him back... (kinda comedy horror)... anyone anyone?

thanks for the help in advance!

Dave

Filmmaker 11-12-05 12:01 PM

Let me guess, a Francois Truffaut fan, are ya?

Luther Heggs 11-12-05 02:38 PM

Originally Posted by Scratchbird

Film three... this was a monster movie, in color. I keep thinking the title is Boob tube or something to do with a tv. Some family (2 parents, 2 kids i think) accidentally pick up a transmission from space on their satellite dish and this ~thing~ is transported into the house. The best way I can describe it is in D&D terms , a gibbering mouther... a huge odd shaped fleshy thing with a huge or many mouths that's ravenous.... the kids in the movie kinda are the only ones who realize it's there while this thing chows down on some of the parents friends who are throwing a party at the time.... at the end, it turns out to be a pet of some alien (like a puppy) and they come down to get him back... (kinda comedy horror)... anyone anyone?

Got to be TerrorVision.

Scratchbird 11-13-05 01:25 AM

Originally Posted by Luther Heggs
Got to be TerrorVision.

OMG... that is so it! Thanks! lol... watched the trailer off of imdb.com. gotta track this one down so I can watch it again. I thought that alien was soooooo cool.

who is Francois Truffaut - time to google! 8-)

Rockmjd23 11-13-05 01:29 AM

Film 2 is Nightmare City: http://us.imdb.com/title/tt0080931/combined

Scratchbird 11-13-05 01:53 AM

Originally Posted by Rockmjd23

OMG you guys are so awesome! reading the description this sounds exactly like it... but the titles dont sound familiar... ordering this from DDD as i type this... thanks again! One left!!! woo hoo!

Norm de Plume 11-13-05 01:53 AM

Number one sounds like Island of Terror (1966).

Scratchbird 11-13-05 01:58 AM

Originally Posted by Norm de Plume
Number one sounds like Island of Terror (1966).

wow... all i can say is wow... very little to go on, and you guys got all 3.
thats it for sure, Island of Terror - peter cushing....
i'm amazed, thank you so much!

dave

Charlie Goose 11-13-05 05:38 AM

Originally Posted by Scratchbird
OMG you guys are so awesome! reading the description this sounds exactly like it... but the titles dont sound familiar... ordering this from DDD as i type this... thanks again! One left!!! woo hoo!

When I saw #2 it was title City of the Walking Dead. It was awful.

Rockmjd23 11-16-05 03:04 AM

Originally Posted by Charlie Goose
When I saw #2 it was title City of the Walking Dead. It was awful.

I loved it.

Fincher Fan 11-16-05 03:45 AM

You guys are all so totally awesome. I'm mailing you out some racing silk strictly as a plutonic challenge.