Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Whatever happened to Adrienne Shelly?

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Whatever happened to Adrienne Shelly?

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-06, 10:17 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by reverie
I've never really heard of her, but this is an extremely sad story. I really hope the murderer gets what's coming to him.. a hanging of his own.
Check out her movies The Unbelievable Truth and Trust.

If this murderer had had ANY inkling of being a man, he could have at least called 911 after he hit her and THEN ran away. She could very well have been alive today.

I only hope that he gets whats' coming to him. But given it's New York, he will probably wind up being the guest of NY taxpayers with three square meals a day for the rest of his life. My only hope is that his cell mate makes him his girlfriend.
Old 12-01-16, 07:13 AM

Received 4,558 Likes on 3,093 Posts
Re: Whatever happened to Adrienne Shelly?

BUMP on an old thread.

It has been just over 10 years since her murder.

I've been going through Hal Hartley's work lately due to him being involved in Red Oaks. I had seen Henry Fool a long time ago, but don't really remember it.

Anyway, I'm going back to the beginning and started with The Accidental Truth, which I watched last night. Just to echo the original post, she was so damn attractive, IMO. I'll probably watch Trust tonight.

I first became of aware of her when I saw Waitress, which I loved. Such a shame about what happened. I did see that film that Cheryl Hines directed based on Shelly's script. Too bad that didn't turn out that well.

Last edited by dex14; 12-01-16 at 07:31 AM.
Old 12-01-16, 09:25 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,096 Likes on 793 Posts

Old 12-16-16, 10:39 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 598 Likes on 432 Posts

Holly crap. I can't believe I never saw this.

I had no idea she was dead and murdered too.
Old 12-16-16, 11:08 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 289 Likes on 210 Posts

Originally Posted by dex14
BUMP on an old thread.

It has been just over 10 years since her murder.

I've been going through Hal Hartley's work lately due to him being involved in Red Oaks. I had seen Henry Fool a long time ago, but don't really remember it.

Anyway, I'm going back to the beginning and started with The Accidental Truth, which I watched last night. Just to echo the original post, she was so damn attractive, IMO. I'll probably watch Trust tonight.

I first became of aware of her when I saw Waitress, which I loved. Such a shame about what happened. I did see that film that Cheryl Hines directed based on Shelly's script. Too bad that didn't turn out that well.
I saw both "The Unbelievable Truth" and "Trust" in Georgetown when they came out. I loved Hartley's style. And "Waitress" was the sleeper of 2007. Such a great little film. A true gem.
Old 12-16-16, 11:09 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,191 Likes on 917 Posts

Yeah, I remember the case but never knew it started out as a "suicide" before they found out she was murdered.
Old 12-16-16, 11:17 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 289 Likes on 210 Posts

Originally Posted by Why So Blu?
Yeah, I remember the case but never knew it started out as a "suicide" before they found out she was murdered.
I do. Heard it on the evening news. None of it made any sense given she had this huge new project ("Waitress") and left behind a 2 year old. Everyone knew there had to be some foul play going on.
Old 11-23-21, 12:24 PM

Received 4,558 Likes on 3,093 Posts

New doc about the life of Adrienne Shelly, directed by her husband Andy Ostroy.

So many stories left to tell. Adrienne, an HBO original documentary about the life and legacy of actress, director, and screenwriter Adrienne Shelly, premieres December 1 at 8pm on HBOMax.