Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Into the Blue, is anyone actually going to see this?

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Into the Blue, is anyone actually going to see this?

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-05, 08:16 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
You must come to the Church of Alba...

Hail Alba!
Old 09-30-05, 08:42 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
anyone with balls should see this movie... good reviews or no.
Old 09-30-05, 08:44 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rental - give Serenity your green!!
Old 09-30-05, 11:16 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I will be seeing it Saturday and seeing Serenity today which i will be leaving in about 5 minutes
Old 09-30-05, 12:08 PM

Paul Walker will OWN that childish , derivative space western this weekend. A small group of heroes unite to conquer an evil space empire for the millionth time. Who cares ? Go watch a movie about human beings fighting for something that really matters..............money.

Treasure has its price , dudes. Remember that.
Old 09-30-05, 12:18 PM
Retired

Nah, not paying to see Alba in a bikini when the pics are in threads here for free.

If I get time to hit the theaters in the next couple weeks I'll catch A History of Violence.
Old 09-30-05, 12:34 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I might watch it if it comes on Showtime during a free preview weekend. It doesn't look classy enough for HBO.
Old 09-30-05, 12:51 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

As most can see with bikini pics already posted on this thread, the movie audience will consist of teenage boys who want to watch Alba in a bikini and Woman who want to see Walkers abs.
I liked it better when it was called "The Deep," of course most people who want to see this movie weren't even born when that movie came out.

Paul Walker will OWN that childish , derivative space western this weekend. A small group of heroes unite to conquer an evil space empire for the millionth time. Who cares ? Go watch a movie about human beings fighting for something that really matters..............money.

I'm with you. Look at the great reviews it's getting. Much better than that childish space movie.

"When a movie features Alba in a bikini for a good chunk of its running time and still can't hold a guy's interest, you know it has serious problems."
-- Greg Maki, STAR-DEMOCRAT (EASTON, MD)

"A film so boring, overextended and endlessly moronic that my high school called to downgrade my GPA for having sat through it."
-- Erik Childress, EFILMCRITIC.COM

"It is an extraordinary cinematic achievement to take a story combining pirate treasure, drug runners, killer sharks, an airplane crash, car chases and Jessica Alba in a bikini, and turn it into an exercise in tedium."
-- Colin Covert, MINNEAPOLIS STAR TRIBUNE

"Into the Blue may look good cavorting prettily on deck, but ultimately it deserves to walk the plank."
-- Ann Hornaday, WASHINGTON POST

Last edited by riley_dude; 09-30-05 at 01:03 PM.
Old 09-30-05, 01:30 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Do they ever let her wear thong bottoms or just standard bikini bottoms? Inquiring minds would like to know.
Old 10-01-05, 11:49 AM

Seen it this morning and I thought it was pretty good. Its a fun movie, Jessica Alba looked AMAZING. The reason I liked it was all the underwater stuff was very cool, it was nice seeing something that was real and not all special effects. A B- from me.
Old 10-01-05, 12:54 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

It made 2.5 million on Friday. Serenity made 3.9.
Old 10-02-05, 09:52 PM

Saw this friday and thought it was visually great. They did an outstanding job with the underwater filming, etc. The movie itself was good, not great but good. It has chicks, action and a great visual experience. That's all you need for a popcorn flick.

If they do the DVD right this could prove to be a very nice reference DVD with all of the nice underwater scenes. That with a good DD5.1 or DTS track and while the movie may fall short it could be a hell of a demo dvd.
Old 10-03-05, 11:39 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

worth it for the shark attacks alone.
Old 10-08-05, 07:27 PM

Watched this movie today, while Alba looked amazing as always...this movie just wasn't any good...and is there a movie that Paul Walker has appeared in where he doesn't say "Bro" constantly? I can see this movie being a TNT "classic" in a few years with plenty of chances for repeat viewings.

About the redeeming part of the movie was the nipple slip by Alba near the end when the guy grabbed her right before becoming shark food.
Old 10-08-05, 07:35 PM

Received 1,907 Likes on 1,126 Posts
So I was driving home one night, and couldn't see at all due to a torrential downpour of rain. It was still over an hour home without having to slow down for the rain, so I said screw it, stopped in the city I was pulling into, and caught this movie, thinking by the time it's done, the rain will be cleared up (which it was - plus, I was going to stay up late, anyway, so it all worked out). Into The Blue was the only thing I would even consider seeing (the other flicks were that Reese Witherspoon thing and went downhill from there).

The movie is not a bad noir. Scott Caan can't act for shit. Alba could act, she just had horrible lines. The set-up to the end is really good. Josh Brolin does a nice bit of acting in this, and Paul Walker holds his own (I'm a fan of his from Joyride).

I will say this - this film is the only way most any of us will see a woman as beautiful as Jessica Alba in these kind of positions. Seriously, it's criminal.
Old 10-09-05, 11:08 PM

I really liked the movie, i cant see anyone saying it wasnt any good. its well done and I thought it was a fun movie
Old 10-10-05, 09:51 AM
Banned

Jessica Alba is NOT that exceptionally beautiful. She's just average looking. I've seen much better looking women than her.
Old 10-10-05, 12:16 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by SINGLE104
Jessica Alba is NOT that exceptionally beautiful. She's just average looking. I've seen much better looking women than her.

She is freaking hot but there are beautiful women other then her. But hell no to she's average looking...
Old 10-10-05, 12:25 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Formerly known as Groucho AND Bandoman/Death Moans, Iowa
Received 372 Likes on 266 Posts
Originally Posted by Silt
About the redeeming part of the movie was the nipple slip by Alba near the end when the guy grabbed her right before becoming shark food.

I laughed so hard about that. I'm sure he apologized for the "accident" and will be bragging about it to his friends for the next 20 years.
Old 10-10-05, 03:09 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by SINGLE104

Average in WHAT?....Bizzaro world? If "average" looking chicks were even 1/5th as smoking hot as Alba this would be a near perfect world. Maybe 5% (if that) of 18-30 year old females can compete with her looks.

No matter how incredibly beautiful a woman is there will always be some crazy people out there who think she is only "average".

Now, about that nipple slip. How noticeable is it? Compared to nipple slip greats where does it rank?
Old 10-10-05, 03:50 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 203 Likes on 157 Posts
Originally Posted by Supreme Sean

Yep. All hail greed and materialism. Seems to be what drives certain people most nowadays.
Old 10-10-05, 04:31 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by raven56706
She is freaking hot but there are beautiful women other then her. But hell no to she's average looking...
that's about all she is good looking. She sure cant act. Neither can Paul Walker so what you got is a movie with pretty people and nothing else. Maybe that's why it tanked at the B.O.
Old 12-29-05, 08:24 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by riley_dude
As most can see with bikini pics already posted on this thread, the movie audience will consist of teenage boys who want to watch Alba in a bikini and Woman who want to see Walkers abs.
I liked it better when it was called "The Deep," of course most people who want to see this movie weren't even born when that movie came out.

Got the DVD yesterday on a rental. Worth seeing but not worth spending $15 to own. I actually thought this was a "The Deep" re-make. To say they borrowed liberally is an understatement. (I'm old enough to have seen "The Deep" in theaters, and I drove myself). Compared to a couple of other real crappers I've seen lately, this one gets a pass because the competition made it look good.
Old 12-30-05, 08:45 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
eh rented the movie, it wasn't terrible, but it wasn't all that great either. i think the movie should have been trimmed a good 10 or 20 minutes. Especially since the main action scene isn't until the last 15 minutes (and trailers and hell the back of the box of the dvd) mention stuff that doesn't happen until the end of the movie, so alot of the movie seemed like filler to get the run time up. Alba looked great (oh that ass
Originally Posted by Slayer2005
Now, about that nipple slip. How noticeable is it? Compared to nipple slip greats where does it rank?
uh, if there was a nipple slip, i didn't notice it, but when he grabbed her by the shirt (again its that last 10) i kindly yelled "rip it off!" but then they cut to another angle, so that may have been by accident. (oh and there is i believe a nipple slip pic of her in the adult forum if you know how to search)
Old 12-30-05, 09:16 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by JimRochester
Got the DVD yesterday on a rental. Worth seeing but not worth spending $15 to own.
Funny this thread was resurrected because I was just reading the DVD talk review of this one yesterday.

I'll probably be picking this one up used (for cheap). Not for Alba, though. I don't care to shits about her. I've got better than her at home (and no my wife isn't watching me type this) .

I'm more interested in the underwater shots since I've been snorkeling around those areas. Same reason I picked up After the Sunset-- the Bahamas setting. From the DVD talk reviews it looks like they did a good job on the transfer and the only reason to pick it up would be for those shots.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.