Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

I want to know what you guys think about the new Outsiders cut.

Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Old 09-22-05, 01:15 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was just wondering after having just finished the new cut myself.

This has been a favorite of mine since I was a kid and I knew it pretty much back and front.

I really enjoyed the new cut of the film with the new footage. It was a lot different and I think it will take some getting used to but I over all enjoyed it.

I really liked all of the new footage, even though some of it seemed to slow the pace, but maybe that's just because I know the movie so well and I know how it should be.

The music was a little weird though, some of it didn't seem to fit. I know all of it was from the era but it still didn't seem to fit. Some of the music kinda felt forced, like Coppola had to put a certain amount of new music in it or something. I also noticed that some of the music didn't fit the mood of the scene and it kinda felt weird.

But like I said maybe all of that is just because I remeber the first time I saw the movie and I know exactly how it should be.

But overall I enjoyed and was pleased with the outcome.

I know there are going to be a lot of complaints like "He screwed it up" or "He ruined a classic." Oh and you can't forget "Well he is friends with George Lucas."

But to all those people I say, I understand it is different and will take some getting used to but it is his movie after all and DVD is a directors format. You know you can always hang on to your snapcase copy.
Old 09-22-05, 08:36 AM

Received 96 Likes on 79 Posts
Being discussed on the main forum.

http://www.dvdtalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=426238
Old 09-22-05, 05:35 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I thought I was making a discussion on the movie itself and not the DVD!

I don't know...