DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Movie Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/movie-talk-17/)
-   -   Is "Freaked" a good movie? (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/movie-talk/432365-freaked-good-movie.html)

OldBoy 07-29-05 04:47 PM

Is "Freaked" a good movie?

Fun to watch, with re-playability and all that?

gorgo99 07-29-05 05:17 PM

I've enjoyed it a few times. It's definitely only for people with a certain sense of humor... if you like big weird latex masks, sick jokes about half-human freaks, etc. you'll enjoy it.

Ford Prefect 07-29-05 05:53 PM

did this come out already? I've been wanting to pick it up, but I thought it didn't come out for a few more weeks, and haven't seen it in stores yet.

Man, I remember reading about this in Fangoria way, way back when it first came out, only to find none of the rental places in my area carried it. I've been waiting all the time to see it.

onebyone 07-29-05 06:18 PM

It came out on June 14th, so go get your Freaked on.

Dan 09-02-20 02:54 PM

Re: Is "Freaked" a good movie?

:banana: bump! :banana:

I'm bumping this because with the release of Bill & Ted 3 and people re-visiting the original two films, I wanted to recommend people seek this film out, too.

You may or may not be able to find a complete version on a certain Tube site that revolves around You, since the DVD and Blu-ray are (as far as I can tell) long out of print now.

Edit: thanks Adam :)

Nesbit 09-02-20 06:35 PM

Havent seen the film but red letter media did a video review of it a few months ago that i enjoyed.

Dr. DVD 09-02-20 06:54 PM

It's definitely and acquired taste kind of flick. It's a "bad" movie that is 100% aware of the fact that it is "bad".

Bluelitespecial 09-02-20 07:20 PM

I think RLM called it "UHF on Acid". Look for the uncredited cameo of Keanu Reeves as "Dogboy" and the full movie is on that certain Tube website. This would make a great Shout Factory release if Disney would sign off on it.

Dan 09-02-20 08:55 PM

So much of the budget went into the practical effects, and it's glorious to see. Worth it for that stuff alone, putting aside that it's actually very entertaining too!

The Antipodean 09-03-20 01:21 AM

I kind of love this movie. It’s like an unholy mix of UHF, Peter Jackson’s early splatter movies, Toxic Avenger, Monty Python and Tim Burton. It’s sloppy and dopey and silly but if you’re in the right mood it’s great fun. Definitely not the kind of movie that gets made with fairly big stars - Brooke Shields! Mr T! Keanu in dog makeup! - these days.

OldBoy 09-03-20 08:32 AM

Is this streaming anywhere? Wish I didn’t through my dvd away. :(

TomOpus 09-03-20 09:32 AM

Originally Posted by OldBoy (Post 13799557)
Is this streaming anywhere? Wish I didn’t through my dvd away. :(

If you used JustWatch, you can find where any movie is available to stream for free or as a rental.... if available.

OldBoy 09-03-20 09:49 AM

Originally Posted by TomOpus (Post 13799586)
If you used JustWatch, you can find where any movie is available to stream for free or as a rental.... if available.

i did. it's not.

Bluelitespecial 09-03-20 11:02 AM

The full movie is on YouTube.

Mabuse 09-03-20 11:09 AM

Did this spin off from a show Alex Winter had on MTV? I recall he had some kind or irreverent show.

Dan 09-03-20 11:14 AM

^ Idiot Box.
Sounds like there's a lot of similar humor, that's for sure.

OldBoy 09-03-20 12:40 PM

Originally Posted by Bluelitespecial (Post 13799655)
The full movie is on YouTube.

for free or the paid service or does that not exist anymore? so i can watch on my tv if i have the YouTube app, correct?

Bluelitespecial 09-03-20 07:56 PM

Yes it's the full movie for free and you can watch it on your tv if you have the youtube app.

OldBoy 09-03-20 07:59 PM

Nice!