Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Anybody remember Dream A Little Dream with the 2 Corey's??

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-05, 05:13 PM
Suspended

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I will probably get mad flamed for even admitting to even watching this movie, but fuck it everybody has there dirty little secrets....I got more too....

I am prepared though...

I was at BB yesterday and saw this movie for $5.99 so picked it up, WTF right, anybody remember this film? I remember watching it when I was like 12, so I grabbed it and watched it. I had to buy PS2's God Of War along with it though to regain my masculanity at the counter, I felt dirty.......

It actually isn't a bad film at all for the 2 Corey's, (Lic to Drive and Lost Boys) as cheesy as it is, I like the story and the idea. Granted it is very dated, it was still a lot of fun. I actually cared about the characters, especially the parts

Spoiler:
where the dude is holding the gun to the bullies, Corey gets his ass handed to him after laying some pipe with Meradeth, then the guy looks at her and says he would rather jerk off, WTF, I think he caught teh ghey.....anyways the part where he practically abuses poor Meradith, and there edgy relationship (what a co.ck muncher), and the old folks in the dream
I liked it.

And I can't forget the best part, Jason Robards, this guy rocks! So underated, too bad he is gone, he is such a memorable and great actor. I am not familiar with his older work, but from what I have seen i have really enjoyed.

And of course Meradith looked real fine in this movie, even in spandex leotards. Ohhhhhhh so fine in those ripped 80's jeans mmmmmm....
Old 07-25-05, 06:11 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 482 Likes on 318 Posts
I saw this years and years ago when it came out. Perhaps I should keep this admission to myself, but when I was 10 I was a big Corey/Corey fan. I even bought one of those Teen Dream magazines so I could have some Corey pictures to hang on my wall.

Don't remember much about Dream a Little Dream. I think I was bored and most of it went over my head. I had gotten the impression from the previews that it was going to be a Vice Versa kind of movie.
Old 07-25-05, 08:35 PM

dont be embarrased. i very much like this movie. and way too many sort of ties to it...

such as

- shot in my hometown (wilmington, nc)
- colemans house was right behind the church i went to growing up
- gym scenes are at the gym of my high schools cross town rival.
- met both coreys while they were down there filming. at that time haim was actually a pretty nice guy (showed up at a local party i was at) but the one time i met feldman he was very full of himself to put it nicely. i guess i would have been too though
- an ex girlfriend of mine was in the movie as an extra (actually got on screen time (actually if i remember she had one shot where she was the only face onscreen) during the school dance scenes that made it into the movie (no line though so no sag card...
- new another local girl that "hung out" with haim while he was in town. a story in and of itself.
- real good friend of mine was in the scene where they were playing flag football.

unfortunately there are more but just wanted others to not feel so bad about liking the movie . it is an underated movie in my opinion. and robards was excellent in it. and salenger... so hot.

oh well... back to my hole...
Old 07-25-05, 10:25 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by dilligaf
dont be embarrased. i very much like this movie. and way too many sort of ties to it...

such as

- shot in my hometown (wilmington, nc)
- colemans house was right behind the church i went to growing up
- gym scenes are at the gym of my high schools cross town rival.
- met both coreys while they were down there filming. at that time haim was actually a pretty nice guy (showed up at a local party i was at) but the one time i met feldman he was very full of himself to put it nicely. i guess i would have been too though
- an ex girlfriend of mine was in the movie as an extra (actually got on screen time (actually if i remember she had one shot where she was the only face onscreen) during the school dance scenes that made it into the movie (no line though so no sag card...
- new another local girl that "hung out" with haim while he was in town. a story in and of itself.
- real good friend of mine was in the scene where they were playing flag football.

unfortunately there are more but just wanted others to not feel so bad about liking the movie . it is an underated movie in my opinion. and robards was excellent in it. and salenger... so hot.

oh well... back to my hole...

WHOA!! Thats cool shit man!! I didn't know it was shot in Wilmington. I love Wilmington, I went and visited a friend of mine there about 6-7 years ago or so, and loved it so much I almost moved out there.....still might.

Thats pretty cool, I always wondered where it was shot. Thats funny about the Corey's, Haim I am sure had a fun time "hanging out" with the local ladies.

Thanks for the info I am glad I am not the only person that likes this movie
Old 07-25-05, 10:29 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Meredith Salenger. That is the only excuse you need to watch this movie.
Pretty much the only reason too.
Old 07-25-05, 11:31 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Charlie's hit the nail on the head. I own this for Salenger. She's just too damn hot in this film.
Old 07-25-05, 11:34 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

It's $9.99 at my BB
Old 07-26-05, 12:16 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I've seen this movie several times. It's pretty enjoyable imo but I doubt I'd ever buy it.

my favorite line from the movie, though I don't remember what character said it---

"Dude, stop saying dude!"

I think they should make a collection of all the Cory/Corey films and sell it for $9.99
Old 07-26-05, 12:48 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I remember Blown Away a LOT BETTER!

(eggert...)
Old 07-26-05, 01:43 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: the kingdom of the evil Voratians, ruled by the wicked Ak-Oga
Received 85 Likes on 48 Posts
Meredith Salenger gives me a big fucking bonner.

Last edited by The_Infidel; 07-26-05 at 01:45 AM.
Old 07-26-05, 07:58 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I remember it. Great soundtrack. It really takes me back!
Old 07-26-05, 10:05 AM
Suspended

Originally Posted by The_Infidel
Meredith Salenger gives me a big fucking bonner.

Me too man me too....

Old 07-26-05, 11:24 AM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

Originally Posted by animalmystic
And of course Meradith looked real fine in this movie, even in spandex leotards.
What do you mean, EVEN?

That's a film highlight as far as I'm concerned.
Old 07-26-05, 12:25 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Ugh....I just watched these two movies with my roommate since we were on a cheesy movie kick for a few weeks. The Feldman Michael Jackson dance routines (in both movies) were so painful to watch not to mention Feldman's HAIR! OH MY GOD.

But, glad I watched them none the less.
Old 07-26-05, 12:45 PM
DRG
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
It's definitely my least favorite of the "80s Coreys trilogy", but it's not bad. It's much better than their 90s pairings.
Old 07-26-05, 12:58 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i was trying to forget this movie but thanks .... just made an appointment with my therapist
Old 07-26-05, 02:20 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by scott shelton
What do you mean, EVEN?

That's a film highlight as far as I'm concerned.
Salinger in ripped 80's jeans>>>>Salinger in spandex leotards

I remember it. Great soundtrack. It really takes me back!
Word

The Michael Damien Rock On song and the Blue Future Whre Is She, along with REM and others made it great.