Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

The Exorcism of Emily Rose Trailer

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-05, 01:19 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 191 Likes on 128 Posts

Looks pretty damn creepy. The film is suppose to be equally divided in terms of the court disputes and exorcism footage.

The trailer will show once the link is clicked.....give it a couple of seconds.

Trailer
Old 07-11-05, 01:35 PM

Received 99 Likes on 82 Posts
Creepy indeed.
Old 07-11-05, 01:56 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wow, looks pretty good. Definitely some Exorcist influences, but that's not a bad thing.

Last edited by woofman; 07-12-05 at 06:10 AM.
Old 07-11-05, 02:56 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Colm Feore, Laura Linney, Campbell Scott, and Tom Wilkinson? One good cast there.

However, the trailer didn't "spark" enough interest with me (other than the cast) and with the current "decline" in horror/thrillers at the moment; I'm not expecting much out of this one.
Old 07-11-05, 03:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Looks okay.

I am willing to bet tho' they are will ruin it with CGI effects and an over-the-top finale.
Old 07-11-05, 06:02 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by LivingINClip
Looks okay.

I am willing to bet tho' they are will ruin it with CGI effects and an over-the-top finale.
From Arrow's site:

http://joblo.com/arrow/

Does this film sport a lot of special effects?

PH: We tried to write it with that realism-based idea. We wanted to use them subtlety and selectively in terms of special effects. I think the casting of Jennifer Carpenter helped us in that a lot because she, as you will see can do so much with her body and her face and her voice. It kind of changed the paradigm a little bit for the visual effects people, and they just said “Once we saw her audition we all decided that, we just wanted to stay out of her way.” Obviously they're doing more than that and there will be effects through it, both visual effects and special effects like the old-fashioned kind. They're very effective too. I think keeping it more real like that and then having those little things just to enhance certain things that are there makes it scarier for this kind of movie because it doesn't take you outside the reality and make you think “Oh, gee, look, that's a cool effect.”
Old 07-11-05, 07:11 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

http://www.dvdtalk.com/forum/showthr...5&page=1&pp=25
Old 07-11-05, 07:25 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

That is an extremely creepy trailer. Does anyone have any info on the true story it was based on?
Old 07-11-05, 07:29 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 204 Likes on 158 Posts
Definitely interested in this one. Hope it sticks to being more of a take on true events as opposed to a horror cheapie in the end.
Old 07-11-05, 07:34 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Chud has an interview with the director, laura linney, and tom wilkinson.

http://chud.com/interviews/3646
Old 07-11-05, 10:15 PM
Suspended

thanks for the link to the trailer, now I gotta sleep with the lights on tonight
Old 07-11-05, 11:00 PM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

Originally Posted by Matthew Chmiel
Colm Feore
Really?

I've never heard that expressed about this actor. Interesting...
Old 07-12-05, 11:49 AM

Received 183 Likes on 125 Posts
Originally Posted by tonymontana313
That is an extremely creepy trailer. Does anyone have any info on the true story it was based on?
Anneliese Michel, she is who this is based on.

http://www.horror-movies.ca/horror_1253.html

Last edited by SmackDaddy; 07-12-05 at 11:53 AM.
Old 07-12-05, 03:46 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

"Ahhh"
Old 07-12-05, 05:23 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Heh, my younger sister's name is Emily Rose. The idea that she might be possessed by a demon has crossed my mind before.
Old 07-12-05, 05:28 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by necros
thanks for the link to the trailer, now I gotta sleep with the lights on tonight
I don't know what it is about possession movies (excuse me, GOOD POSSESSION MOVIES) that creep me out so much but I was a little freaked by the trailer as well.

The last time I got that feeling was when I first saw the devil's rejects tailer where that girl runs out of the hotel wearin a friggin' flesh mask.
Old 07-12-05, 05:35 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

pretty creepy. I was hoping for another exorcism film. Hopefully the movie won't be a watered down version.
Old 07-12-05, 08:41 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 848 Likes on 592 Posts
Originally Posted by scott shelton
Really?

I've never heard that expressed about this actor. Interesting...
Colm Feore is a great actor who happens to be in more crappy films than good ones lately. Check out 32 Short Films About Glenn Gould - he puts in a great performance there.

This film has a great cast, but this seems to have the same type of feel as The Exorcist - so it seems like it's a retread.
Old 07-12-05, 09:49 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
That looks incredibly creepy. And I want to see it.
Old 07-12-05, 10:18 PM

Originally Posted by Rival11
I don't know what it is about possession movies (excuse me, GOOD POSSESSION MOVIES) that creep me out so much but I was a little freaked by the trailer as well.

The last time I got that feeling was when I first saw the devil's rejects tailer where that girl runs out of the hotel wearin a friggin' flesh mask.
i gotta agree
Old 08-30-05, 01:58 PM
DVD Talk Legend

November 4, 2004 - In 1968, a German girl named Annaliese Michel began having hallucinations, seeing voices, and experiencing other bizarre and unpleasant mental symptoms. Her problems were initially treated as epilepsy, but treatment failed to help. In 1975, at her parents' insistence, the Catholic church formally acknowledged that Annaliese was possessed and in need of exorcism.

Annaliese unfortunately died during the exorcism process, and after investing the death, the German courts ordered the girl's parents and one of the priests involved to stand trial. Adding fuel to the controversy was the effect that the contempory horror film The Exorcist and its portrayal of possession had on the public consciousness.

That story forms the premise of a new movie by Scott Derrickson (Urban Legends: Final Cut). The Exorcism of Annaliese Michele is based on the events surrounding the bizarre facts of the trial and the defense mounted by the defense.

Laura Linney (Mystic River, The Mothman Prophecies) stars as Erin Bruner, the priest's defense attorney, forced to confront her own personal demons as well as those of the case. Tom Wilkinson (Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind) plays the priest.

Linney recently told Sci Fi Wire that despite the film's basis in real events, the setting and other integral parts of the story will be changed. For example, the movie will not be set in the early Seventies, nor will it take place in the province of Bavaria.

Linney didn't say just how much of a supernatural element the film would have. She did, however, mention that the actual exorcism rites would be shown as flashbacks from the points of view of several main characters – a common mechanism in mystery films.

The Exorcism of Annaliese Michel is being filmed in Vancouver this winter and will arrive in theaters sometime next year.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I guess they changed the name of the movie... still pretty interesting
Old 08-30-05, 04:03 PM

The only thing that's stopping me from being excited about this is that it's PG13. I'll probably check it out depending on more reviews.
Old 08-30-05, 04:58 PM
Banned

Location: Right now, my location is DVDTalk, but then again, you should already know that, shouldn't you?
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by SPiRAL
The only thing that's stopping me from being excited about this is that it's PG13. I'll probably check it out depending on more reviews.
Exactly...I saw the PG-13 thing last night and the film went immediately from a must-see to a "I'll wait for the reviews"...even if good, the restrictions imposed upon a PG-13 movie surely will keep this from being everything it could (should) have been...
Old 08-30-05, 06:17 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
ARGH!!! Not this again....whatever.
Old 08-30-05, 07:56 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

WTF? Really? Well, here's hoping for an unrated DVD........as usual.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.