DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Movie Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/movie-talk-17/)
-   -   the greatest badass moments (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/movie-talk/428014-greatest-badass-moments.html)

jhoon 06-23-05 06:07 PM

the greatest badass moments

hey guys. i just noticed that the few threads ive made have been good successes. hoorah.
anyways, what movie/character/line/scene is, in your opinion, the most badass thing youve ever seen? off the top of my head, "say what again" or the ezekiel speech in pulp fiction, mr blonde, spears (sp?) in band of brothers, denzel's character in man on fire, and almost all of glengarry glen ross. im in a bad mood, and im too lazy to act all thug and try call someone out to fight. i'll leave that to the mtv people.

Nick Danger 06-23-05 06:14 PM

Quiet: Mad Max gives a dude a hacksaw. Says -- It will take you 20 minutes to cut through that handcuff. You can cut through your leg in five.

Loud: William Munny's warning in the rain at the end of The Unforgiven.

Cardiac161 06-23-05 06:27 PM

Toshiro Mifune's Yojimbo proving how tough he was by taunting a mob in front of an opposing mob....ends with a fury of sword-slashing and walking towards a coffin-maker:

"Two coffins... No, maybe three."

Manco 06-23-05 06:44 PM

The gunship run from Black Hawk Down

The scene from Rambo 2 when he gets on the radio and tells Murdock "I'm coming... for you." with the thunderstorm in the background.

The attack on the village in Apocalypse Now

llandros 06-23-05 06:58 PM

In Aliens when Ripley is in the power loader and says "Get away from her, you bitch!"

Cygnet74 06-23-05 07:12 PM

Raiders is full of them...

indiana jones getting those three good punches in right before the german mechanic gets propellered, indy slamming the german's face against the dashboard repeatedly then throwing him through the windsheild, and of course, shooting the swordsman dead.

Troy Stiffler 06-23-05 07:13 PM

Good one: "Run mother*******, the exterminators are here" in Die Hard 3. That movie has a good twenty badass moments.

PopcornTreeCt 06-23-05 07:47 PM

The horses comment in the beginning of the Once Upon a Time in the West.

In Samurai III, I think, when the guys want to kick Mifune out of the room and he sits there eating with chopsticks and grabs the fly out of the air.

matome 06-23-05 08:04 PM

Arnie clearing out the police station in <b>The Terminator</b>

Pressplay 06-23-05 08:07 PM

One I really love is from The Limey, when Terence Stemp's charactere (who's looking for the bad guy who caused his daughter's death) kicks everybody's ass and scares the shit out of the bad guy's goons.

You know, the one where he goes "Tell him I'm fucking coming!"

Kumar J 06-23-05 08:14 PM

in Kiss of the Dragon when Jet Li calls on the cellphone to bad guy at the police station and tells him to see out of the window.He says now he knows where the bad guy is and is coming for him.

Mr. Cinema 06-23-05 08:55 PM

Originally Posted by matome
Arnie clearing out the police station in <b>The Terminator</b>

:thumbsup:

Also, the shootout from HEAT.

Freddy vs Jason fight scene.

Highway chase in MATRIX RELOADED

Can't remember all the lines, but in Tombstone when Kurt Russell is yelling "Hell's coming with me! Hell's coming with me!", right before he goes on his cowboy killing spree.

HULK destroying the tank.

Tom Cruise's character in Collateral was simply badass to me.

Nicholson's testimony in A Few Good Men

Magneto's escape in X2.

resinrats 06-23-05 09:01 PM

TRUE LIES: When the lead terrorist gets hooked on the missle. Arnold looks over, "Your fired!" and launches the missle, terrorist and all. It goes straight through the shot up building, out the other side and slams into the terrorist chopper, taking them all out.

NatrlBornThrllr 06-23-05 09:07 PM

I'll second that scene in "The Limey," and I'll also add a scene from "The Believer." Anybody who's seen the movie knows the campground scene that I'm talking about.

-JP

jaeufraser 06-23-05 09:39 PM

Jules: "The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he, who in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee. "

BANG!

Great badass moment there...

SeekOnce 06-23-05 10:36 PM

Tombstone:

"I'm your huckleberry."

Superboy 06-23-05 11:58 PM

Keeves in Speed: Yeah? WELL I'M TALLER!!!

PopcornTreeCt 06-24-05 12:02 AM

Originally Posted by Mr. Cinema
:thumbsup:

Also, the shootout from HEAT.

Freddy vs Jason fight scene.

Highway chase in MATRIX RELOADED

I prefer subtlety but those examples are pretty good.

"This is from Mathilda"

"Shit"

HN 06-24-05 12:40 AM

The Killer - hit at the nightclub

Matrix - lobby shootout

Transformers - "Megatron must be stopped, no matter the cost"

DonnachaOne 06-24-05 01:30 AM

http://www.piranha.addr.com/images/D...0Harry%202.jpg

I know what you're thinking. "Did he fire six shots or only five?" Well, to tell you the truth, in all this excitement I kind of lost track myself. But being as this is a .44 Magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world, and would blow your head clean off, you've got to ask yourself a question: Do I feel lucky? Well, do ya, punk?

Dubble 06-24-05 01:36 AM

Originally Posted by SeekOnce
Tombstone:

"I'm your huckleberry."

My thoughts exactly.

Giantrobo 06-24-05 01:52 AM

Originally Posted by Pressplay
One I really love is from The Limey, when Terence Stemp's charactere (who's looking for the bad guy who caused his daughter's death) kicks everybody's ass and scares the shit out of the bad guy's goons.

You know, the one where he goes "Tell him I'm fucking coming!"

HELL YEAH! I just watched this dvd again the other night. A great scene. :up:

And since I also bought Ghost Dog: The Way of the Samurai bundled with "The Limey", let me add another badass scene.

It's the scene where Ghost Dog shoots the Mobster through the bathroom sink.

The Infidel 06-24-05 02:29 AM

I think the concept of "badassed" is actually more subdued. Letting someone know you're the boss by doing absolutely nothing. My example: Jules, at the end of Pulp Fiction, finishes his speech...the badass moment is when he uncocks the gun, puts it down, and goes back to eating his muffin. THAT is badassed!

Giantrobo 06-24-05 04:31 AM

Originally Posted by The_Infidel
I think the concept of "badassed" is actually more subdued. Letting someone know you're the boss by doing absolutely nothing. My example: Jules, at the end of Pulp Fiction, finishes his speech...the badass moment is when he uncocks the gun, puts it down, and goes back to eating his muffin. THAT is badassed!

Hey, if that worked for you then that's <i>your</i> "badass moment". :)

FantasticVSDoom 06-24-05 07:02 AM

I always liked "At my signal, unleash hell", from Gladiator, simple yet effective.