Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Where Do You Sit In The Theatre?

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Where Do You Sit In The Theatre?

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-05, 03:30 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Center first row of the upper section stadium seating.. I like to put my feet on the railing and kick back to watch movie... only problem is people who go in and out during the movie as they walk right in front of you.
Old 06-22-05, 04:05 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

2nd or 3rd row center
Old 06-22-05, 06:34 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 45 Likes on 37 Posts
Where do I sit?

Anywhere there's no moms/dads with infants, teenagers under 16 who look squirrelly (mohawks, neck tattoos, double dating couples looking to score etc.,) people who bought too much at the concession stand and will consequently make noise chomping away for 2 hours and never never never near small kids at a Rated 'R" drama, horror or action thriller. Even the tame Spiderman 2 was a brutal experience...they couldn't sit still, running up and down the aisle...and it was SPIDERMAN for crying out loud!!
Old 06-22-05, 07:21 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 958 Likes on 665 Posts
It seems like a lot of you have small bladders. Once the movie begins not much will get me up. I really don't get why some people like to sit in the front. I can't stand it. I usually like to get right in the center and just a little higher than middle. I hate being late for a movie and getting a crappy seat.
Old 06-23-05, 10:38 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Filmmaker
You know, that projectionist is still back there...and he has an eye twitch...
Oh c'mon..there hasn't been a projectionist in the projection room for years! He or she starts the film then runs to one of the other 30 projectors, or hangs out at the concession stand hitting on the "just turned 18 yr old" employees.

And conscience...no ticking in the DLP theater!
Old 06-23-05, 01:19 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 353 Likes on 229 Posts
On the rare occassion that I'm with other adults, I like to sit back a ways in the center. When I go with my kids (even my teenager) we sit in the very front row. Yes, it's right under the screen, but on the plus side, there often isn't anyone else there. One of the reasons I fell asleep during the Matrix 2 was I decided to lie down across several seats so I could look up easier. ZZZzzzzzzzz

I also head to the front row if the theater is crowded. If I have a choice of being too close to a movie screen or being too close to someone smacking on popcorn and talking with their date, I pick the screen.
Old 06-23-05, 02:08 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,022 Likes on 812 Posts
Normally I prefer dead center in every aspect.

However, at the AMC here in Tallahassee, in their main auditoriums - where there's a walk way divder between lower and upper level, if you sit in the middle - you get a horrible echo due to the placement of the speakers. I had to suffer through this badly through a sold out showing of The Incredibles (and couldn't understand half of what was being said) and a good deal during a sold out showing of Sin City.
Old 06-23-05, 03:31 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Anywhere from the middle row and back (preferably one of the last 3 rows) and dead in the center. I actually sat in the front row for Dumb and Dumber but I was young so it didnt matter as much.
Old 06-23-05, 03:45 PM

Received 99 Likes on 82 Posts
Usually right in the middle of the upper center row of a stadium-seated auditorium.
Old 06-23-05, 07:26 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 366 Likes on 266 Posts
I watched Snatch in the front, right corner. Now I ask: why the fuck do they have seats there? The screen is barely visible. It's like being two inches tall, trying to play hopscotch. Regardless of straining my neck, the screen was only around 60% visible.

Anyways, great movie. Loved every minute.
Old 06-23-05, 07:26 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 366 Likes on 266 Posts
Oh, and I prefer the front stadium seating. Like putting my feet up on the bars ... not having anyone in front of me.