DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Movie Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/movie-talk-17/)
-   -   The Liam Neeson Appreciation Thread (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/movie-talk/427170-liam-neeson-appreciation-thread.html)

PopcornTreeCt 06-16-05 10:58 PM

The Liam Neeson Appreciation Thread

I've always thought Liam could pull off a bad-ass character real well and I think he reached his pinnacle in Batman Begins. He was my favorite character in The Phantom Menace, and we know how that turned out. He had a brief part in Gangs of New York and probably could gave the movie a little more dignity if he stayed in it longer. This year he was also in Kingdom of Heaven, playing the father of the hero again, and yet he was quite badass as well. I've yet to see Kinsey but will check it out asap because of Liam. And oh yeah he was in Schindler's List too.

Groucho 06-16-05 11:00 PM

I would like to see some sort of action/adventure movie where Neeson plays a mentor to the main character.

RagingBull80 06-16-05 11:18 PM

Originally Posted by Groucho
I would like to see some sort of action/adventure movie where Neeson plays a mentor to the main character.

Good one

Anyway I have always thought that Liam was and underappreciated actor. I have always enjoyed his work.

Oh yeah, he played the best character in The Phantom Menace with Ewan McGregor in a close second though.

Rival11 06-16-05 11:25 PM

Liam is a badass plain and simple, Just a great f'n actor all around and I too wish he was in Gangs of New York a little while longer ;)

Dudikoff 06-17-05 12:53 AM

I thought he was great in Michael Collins and made Rob Roy a watchable movie. Also, he played a small part in the fantasy movie Krull. I love watching him onscreen and feel like he should have gotten more attention earlier in his career. He has a commanding, sometimes intimidating presence. Now he's 53 and won't be able to do physical roles much longer. This thread kinda bums be out.

whynotsmile 06-17-05 01:51 AM

i love liam. one of my fav actors. hes in great, great movies, esp kinsey and the new batman

The Infidel 06-17-05 01:54 AM

With all the serious stuff he ended up doing in recent years, I always like going back a little and watching him in High Spirits. I'll bet it's one of his favorite roles, considering he got to share a shower with a very naked and wet Beverly D'Angelo.

Third Baseman 06-17-05 06:23 AM

I bow down to Rob Roy.

B.A. 06-17-05 06:40 AM

Originally Posted by The_Infidel
With all the serious stuff he ended up doing in recent years, I always like going back a little and watching him in High Spirits. I'll bet it's one of his favorite roles, considering he got to share a shower with a very naked and wet Beverly D'Angelo.

I used to love watching that movie when I was a kid. :beer:

John-In-VA 06-17-05 07:45 AM

He was my favorite in Phantom Menace also.

ShagMan 06-17-05 09:11 AM

He rocked in Schindler's List, and was definitely at his best in Batman Begins too, great as a bad guy!!

RockStrongo 06-17-05 09:18 AM

I like Liam alot, but didnt care for him in Batman Begins.....They needed someone more low-key for that role IMO.

Of course, I think he was brilliant in Schindler's List. I dont remember off hand, but was he nominated that year and who actually won? Tom Hanks maybe?

Giantrobo 06-17-05 12:50 PM

I appreciate him...

The Antipodean 06-17-05 01:31 PM

He's great in Batman Begins, but not half as good as he was in Kinsey, where I really think he came into his own. Amazing work.

clappj 06-17-05 01:41 PM

Three words...

Next of Kin

:D

Luka 06-17-05 04:18 PM

Two words:

Darkman

Okay, one word... but a brilliant word, and a brilliant performance.

Sessa17 06-17-05 04:21 PM

Originally Posted by Luka
Two words:

Darkman

Okay, one word... but a brilliant word, and a brilliant performance.

Yeah, I cannot believe everyone here is saying they love Neeson, pretty much only talking about Batman & Star Wars, when his greatest role will always be Darkman.

ArchibaldTuttle 06-17-05 10:05 PM

Yeah, seriously I fricken love Darkman.

thelwig14 06-18-05 12:45 AM

Krull baby!

Third Baseman 06-18-05 07:04 PM

The man can do anything; even be a Ninja Master. http://www.csupomona.edu/%7Etgao/mk_smiley1.gif

darqleo 06-18-05 10:13 PM

He was also in EXCALIBUR for a scene or two.
Liam [SEAN CONNERY] is the man now, dawg![/SEAN CONNERY]

AnonomusBob15 07-19-09 03:03 PM

Re: The Liam Neeson Appreciation Thread

Anyone heard of The Other Man (2008) with Neeson, Bandaras, and Laura Linney? Sounds like an Unfairhful rip off, but these films intrigue me.

dick_grayson 07-19-09 03:29 PM

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_DQk-PjsLD-...+his+pants.jpg

JumpCutz 07-19-09 04:28 PM

^Yeah his problem with incontinence is well documented, but he's still a helluva an actor.

NoirFan 07-19-09 04:42 PM

Good thing they had the decency to pixelate the other guy's face. You know, the one who isn't pissing himself.