DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Movie Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/movie-talk-17/)
-   -   Vin Diesel to star in "Hitman" (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/movie-talk/426942-vin-diesel-star-hitman.html)

Maxflier 06-15-05 11:41 AM

Vin Diesel to star in "Hitman"

http://www.aint-it-cool.com/display.cgi?id=20470

Looks like Vin Diesel will be Agent 47 in the movie based on the Hitman video game series.

PopcornTreeCt 06-15-05 12:05 PM

Vin Diesel keeps on picking winners.

HN 06-15-05 12:25 PM

would've loved seeing patrick stewart don the tux.

DonnachaOne 06-15-05 12:34 PM

Well... I say yay.

fumanstan 06-15-05 12:52 PM

Originally Posted by PopcornTreeCt
Vin Diesel keeps on picking winners.

The Pacifier sure was as far as box office take goes.

Never played the games, but i'm aware of them. Diesel is a perfect fit for that character based on looks.

Coral 06-15-05 01:07 PM

Could this finally be the role that gets Vin Diesel his much deserved Oscar nomination?

mikewendt 06-15-05 02:57 PM

I think he'll work in that character... But if The Pacifier tells us anything, it won't matter...

"Ten-million people said, Vin Diesel and a duck... Yes please." - Jimmy Fallon :lol:

jaeufraser 06-15-05 04:09 PM

I guess that means Uwe Boll's dream to make this movie is no longer going to happen then...

Otherwise...he fits the role...so yeah I guess that works.

Third Baseman 06-15-05 05:35 PM

He looks the part, indeed.

Gutz 06-15-05 06:58 PM

Stupid choice! Vin Diesel as Hitman? LOL!

Jason Statham is Agent 47.

I dont understand, why stupid people work in Hollywood. :(

Sessa17 06-15-05 07:43 PM

Originally Posted by Gutz

:thumbsup:

Every movie needs Jason Statham.

The only way I could have liked Lord of the Rings more, is if somehow Jason Statham just showed up in it.

jaeufraser 06-15-05 07:57 PM

Probably because they make their casting decisions based on $, not who would fit the role best. And well...Diesel is a bigger box office draw. So they're not really that stupid considering their motivations.

Gutz 06-15-05 11:59 PM

Originally Posted by jaeufraser
Probably because they make their casting decisions based on $, not who would fit the role best. And well...Diesel is a bigger box office draw. So they're not really that stupid considering their motivations.

I have to disagree. Look at Batman Begins. Bale NEVER was a box office maker. Still, he was chosen as BATMAN in 120 mil. budget movie.

I understand motivations of those so called "movie moguls" but what can explain UWE BULLCRAP's movies? What idiot allows him to direct "big licensed' movies?

I have nothing against Vin dude, I like his movies (guilty pleasure) but I can't agree that he was chosen to play Agent 47 in upcoming "Hitman".

Rock in Doom 3
Vin in Hitman

F@ck this shit!

RyoHazuki 06-16-05 12:23 AM

I have to disagree. Look at Batman Begins. Bale NEVER was a box office maker. Still, he was chosen as BATMAN in 120 mil. budget movie.

I understand motivations of those so called "movie moguls" but what can explain UWE BULLCRAP's movies? What idiot allows him to direct "big licensed' movies?

I have nothing against Vin dude, I like his movies (guilty pleasure) but I can't agree that he was chosen to play Agent 47 in upcoming "Hitman".

Rock in Doom 3
Vin in Hitman

F@ck this shit!

Who do you want in these video game adaptations? Al Pacino as Duke Nukem. Dustin Hoffman as Max Payne.

Gutz 06-16-05 01:53 AM

Originally Posted by RyoHazuki
Who do you want in these video game adaptations? Al Pacino as Duke Nukem. Dustin Hoffman as Max Payne.

Read above...

Maxflier 06-16-05 09:13 AM

I don't know why I never thought about him before but damn your 100% right,Statham would have been the PERFECT Agent 47.

PopcornTreeCt 06-16-05 11:37 AM

Rock in Doom 3
Vin in Hitman

F@ck this shit!

Good point. But Batman had a lot more going for it than just Bale as Batman. Basically, a Hitman movie is just another action vehicle where whatever actor is chosen will be playing themselves.

Matthew Chmiel 06-16-05 11:57 AM

Jason Statham would've kicked ass if hired. :( Hell, he'd kick ass even if hired in Seasme Street: Follow That Bird 2.

However, Vin Diesel has more "hits" to his name than Statham. Diesel has: Saving Private Ryan, The Fast and the Furious, xXx, and The Pacifier (all films that grossed over $100 million domestically). Statham's biggest film was The Italian Job and everything else he has appeared in hasn't come even close to pulling in the money that film raked.

If Hitman is going to be a big budget affair, it's no wonder they picked Diesel. The producers would like to have a "big name" to pull in audiences. Similar to Doom (and The Rock).

Look at who was directing Batman Begins.

I understand motivations of those so called "movie moguls" but what can explain UWE BULLCRAP's movies?
Uwe Boll gets all his movies paid for due to international investors.

jaeufraser 06-16-05 12:14 PM

Rock in Doom 3
Vin in Hitman

F@ck this shit!

Sorry, but wrong. Christian Bale is headlining Batman, yes. But Batman, unlike Hitman, is an established franchise with a huge fan base. Not to mention, while its led by Bale, WB went all out and spent a lot of money filling that film with names, from Freeman to Caine to Neeson. Batman Begins is chock full of stars, and is the fifth film in a mega franchise. Batman was not given a 120 million dollar budget because of Bale...Batman was intended as a tentpole film, which it would be with practically any actor in the role.

On the other hand, Hitman is not a very well known property. It has a small fanbase sure, and could make a good action film I'm sure. But Statham does not have the box office clout of Vin Diesel (you can argue but the numbers show that) and a film like Hitman will make more money with a bigger star.

No, these are not absolutes, but Batman's casting is nothing like this film, there are many different parameters there.

As for Uwe Boll...first off he doesn't make big Hollywood productions, and more then likely his last couple films have turned a profit. Obviously not much, but they dont' cost more then 10 or 15 million, and I'm sure his finanaciers do a lot of presales and such to make money. Regardless, he doesn't get his money from movie moguls...I'm pretty sure all his financing comes from his home in Germany or whereever European country he is from.

buckee1 06-16-05 01:01 PM

If I had to choose between Statham & Diesel, Statham would win hands down. But as he's not in the running, Diesel will have to do. His brooding, tough, musclehead guy image is perfect for the role.

Liquid Death 06-16-05 01:42 PM

I really thought they were adapting Garth Ennis' Hitman (from DC Comics) into a movie, but this will work too, considering Vin Diesel is the lead ;)

Gutz 06-16-05 02:50 PM

Originally Posted by jaeufraser
Sorry, but wrong. Christian Bale is headlining Batman, yes. But Batman, unlike Hitman, is an established franchise with a huge fan base. Not to mention, while its led by Bale, WB went all out and spent a lot of money filling that film with names, from Freeman to Caine to Neeson. Batman Begins is chock full of stars, and is the fifth film in a mega franchise. Batman was not given a 120 million dollar budget because of Bale...Batman was intended as a tentpole film, which it would be with practically any actor in the role.

On the other hand, Hitman is not a very well known property. It has a small fanbase sure, and could make a good action film I'm sure. But Statham does not have the box office clout of Vin Diesel (you can argue but the numbers show that) and a film like Hitman will make more money with a bigger star.

No, these are not absolutes, but Batman's casting is nothing like this film, there are many different parameters there.

As for Uwe Boll...first off he doesn't make big Hollywood productions, and more then likely his last couple films have turned a profit. Obviously not much, but they dont' cost more then 10 or 15 million, and I'm sure his finanaciers do a lot of presales and such to make money. Regardless, he doesn't get his money from movie moguls...I'm pretty sure all his financing comes from his home in Germany or whereever European country he is from.

I have to agree that BATMAN is huge franchise, however, from BATMAN AND ROBIN we learned that famous actors and "good director" doesnt work all the time. Not many people look at the director but mainly at the actors. How many people know this "memento" dude? Ask a regular movie goer and ask them do you know this director? They know shit. So, BATMAN franchise depends on the leading and supporting cast. That's why WARNER paid $ 120 mil not for mind blowing special CG effects but to cover actors checks. They did it because they want people to see FAMOUS faces (Freeman, Oldman, Caine, Neeson) not super duper talented director. So, yes all stakes are on actors here and a name.

I see why VIN DIESEL is hitman now. The studio wants to make tons of money out of it but I have to say that it won't happen. Simply because it is a wrong movie to make money from. You want to make money? Make a sequel instead. Do another XXX 3 instead...whatever.

Still, we're are talking about casting the right person for the role.

If I were a director I would never direct a movie if I felt that the actor does not suit for the role.

DJ_Spyder 06-16-05 05:47 PM

Originally Posted by buckee1
If I had to choose between Statham & Diesel, Statham would win hands down. But as he's not in the running, Diesel will have to do. His brooding, tough, musclehead guy image is perfect for the role.

I have to agree Diesel is the perfect fit for this role I wonder who is going to direct this movie? will the shooting locations be in Europe like in the game? Hopefully they will add famous faces to the supporting cast. And if anyone is wondering yes I am a Hitman fan and I have all the games.

Drexl 06-16-05 06:07 PM

I thought Richard Moll (Bull Shannon on "Night Court") should have gotten the role.

bjh_18 06-16-05 06:24 PM

He's always been the one who I thought should be Agent 47 if it was ever made into a movie. Oh well, doubt I'll even bother seeing this one now.