DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Movie Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/movie-talk-17/)
-   -   Star Wars Boxset(all 6 films)...11/1/05 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/movie-talk/425705-star-wars-boxset-all-6-films-11-1-05-a.html)

Dalvin 06-06-05 04:36 PM

Star Wars Boxset(all 6 films)...11/1/05

I just read on the force.net this:

6 Star Wars DVDs in the Fall

Posted By Joshua on June 5, 2005
According to sources for
ComingSoon.Net, we'll be seeing 6 different Star Wars DVD releases on November 1st of this year. It looks like you can buy the final movie separately, buy the prequels together or buy all six films in a complete set. Whether or not this is the "definitive release" of the complete saga is unknown, but we can sure hope for a pile of new extras. Here's the list we were given:

Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith (Widescreen) 11/1
Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith (Full Screen) 11/1
Star Wars Episodes I-III (Widescreen) 11/1
Star Wars Episodes I-III (Full Screen) 11/1
Star Wars Episodes I-VI (Widescreen) 11/1
Star Wars Episodes I-VI (Full Screen) 11/1

If this holds true, which will you be picking up? Do you think that there will be more special features to entice people to rebuy them, or will they be the same material just all packaged together?

I am definetly getting the Episodes I-VI(Widescreen..duh).

buckee1 06-06-05 04:40 PM

Count me in for Episode III on Nov. 1 (WS only please!)

Flynn 06-06-05 05:59 PM

If there's more extras, etc. count me in for all of them. Otherwise, I'll wait for something more definitive and just get Episode III. Good news... let's see what turns up.

wmansir 06-06-05 06:15 PM

There would have to be a whole lot of extras to get me to double dip the 5 previous movies. I don't see that happening this fall. Maybe they will include something trivial or collectible to get people to go for the set, but they are probably putting most of their effort into the EpIII disc which will be packaged with the already released DVDs. Later on they will put together a definitive release (and triple dip those who bought this set for the Anakin/Vader bookends).

bboisvert 06-06-05 06:48 PM

Looks like they're just repackaging all of the existing DVDs (which makes sense at this point). Just III in WS for me.

Goldberg74 06-06-05 06:59 PM

Originally Posted by buckee1
Count me in for Episode III on Nov. 1 (WS only please!)

Me too.

Jackskeleton 06-06-05 07:14 PM

Oh dalvin. What wont you post?

Though, I'm willing to get the whole set again. Cheap price and all.

Josh H 06-06-05 07:21 PM

Just Episode 3 widescreen for me.

I'm pretty sure these will just be repackagings. In any case they said around the OT release that no new/definitive set before the 30th anniversary in 2007 at the earliest.

Dalvin 06-06-05 07:34 PM

Originally Posted by Jackskeleton
Oh dalvin. What wont you post?

Though, I'm willing to get the whole set again. Cheap price and all.

Get over it. This is a Star Wars discussion forum, so I posted it here. I don't say," Oh Jack, why do you reply to 80% of the existing Star Wars threads". I swear, your animosity towards me is like Anakin Skywalker regarding his mom. Just let it go and move on. You don't like me, I think that has been well established here. Can we please move on now?

Jackskeleton 06-06-05 07:43 PM

Anger leads to hate, hate leads to suffering. :p

Funny you quote the actual part where I got on topic after the random playful jab at you.

ViewAskewbian 06-06-05 07:44 PM

[QUOTE=Dalvin] I swear, your animosity towards me is like Anakin Skywalker regarding his mom[QUOTE]

:lol:

headrippa 06-06-05 07:45 PM

I just sold my OT boxset with TPM and AOTC for $152au on ebay...so i'll be buying it for sure

Dead 06-06-05 07:57 PM

Originally Posted by Jackskeleton
Anger leads to hate, hate leads to suffering. :p

Funny you quote the actual part where I got on topic after the random playful jab at you.

Jack, let it go and move on please. It may have been a "playful jab" to you, but it's probably not very funny to him.

Dr. DVD 06-06-05 07:59 PM

Right now, I just plan on getting ROTS WS. I do hope that Fox and GL will pull a Peter Jackson/New Line approach and offer us the box all six at a small fee!!!

Dalvin 06-06-05 08:07 PM

I was wondering that myself. I still would bet the house that new Special Features are being made for this release. Just a guess though

Dr. DVD 06-06-05 08:39 PM

Originally Posted by Dalvin
I was wondering that myself. I still would bet the house that new Special Features are being made for this release. Just a guess though

I might take that bet. What kind of a house do you have? ;)

Toad 06-06-05 08:54 PM

I'll only be getting Ep. III (WS) unless the re-releases of I-II, IV-VI have some substantial differences/changes from the ones I already own.

Tuan Jim 06-06-05 09:52 PM

I'll go for the entire Prequel Trilogy, haven't bought any of those ones yet.

paulringodaman 06-06-05 10:01 PM

Just Ep 3. WS for me.......And only a double dip in the far future.

Goat3001 06-06-05 10:57 PM

I have the other 5. Sounds like its just a repackaging. I'm not going to pay the money just for a box. However, I am hoping that some retailers give a 3 set box if you purchase ROTS. Best Buy did this with Kill Bill.

Maxflier 06-06-05 11:01 PM

Just Episode III (WS of course) for me.

Fok 06-07-05 02:28 AM

Probably just repackaging, if so Ep3 is all I'm buying.

zero 06-07-05 02:41 AM

[QUOTE=ViewAskewbian][QUOTE=Dalvin] I swear, your animosity towards me is like Anakin Skywalker regarding his mom

:lol:
:lol: Welcome to my sig!

SuprVgeta 06-07-05 05:05 AM

Just Revenge of the Sith (WS) for me, unless they do what New Line Cinema did with the LOTR Extended Trilogy box and make something like that available, which I doubt they will.

Class316 06-07-05 08:54 AM

hmmm....I wish I could know what's in them to know if I should sell my current ep 4-6 DVD boxset.