Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Why does The Fantastic Four look better than Batman Begins?

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Why does The Fantastic Four look better than Batman Begins?

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-05, 10:32 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Well, although I agree with most that from the clips, BB looks to be a better movie, of course that may all change when I see them (and lets face it, I will see both even if neither are calling my names as a must see). I do have higher expectations for BB so that may actually lead to more disappointment. I would say that the cuts for FF dont look any different to me than both Spiderman movies. Im sure it will be exactly what I expect it to be (like other comic movies) and Ill enjoy it for what it is.
Old 06-03-05, 11:22 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Joe Molotov
I guess she must really hate the new Star Wars trilogy then, since you have to watch three whole movies just to find out how Anakin becomes Darth Vader.
Oh, i'm sure there are other reasons to hate the prequel trilogy Except for ROTS, which rocked.
Old 06-05-05, 03:07 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 220 Likes on 176 Posts
I'm not very excited to see Fantastic Four, but I may see it when I have nothing else to rent.

Batman Begins, on the other hand, is probably my most anticipated movie to see the rest of the year. Even the posters look great, how often does that happen?

(that was rhetorical, by the way. i don't need examples.)
Old 06-05-05, 03:22 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Maybe it's just because I'm not a huge Batman fan (I'm big into comics, just don't follow his all that close), but I'm not sure Batman Begins is going to be the "be-all-end-all" movie everyone thinks this year. I'm sure it will be great, better than FF at least, but better than X2 or Spider-man 2? We'll see.
Old 06-05-05, 04:50 AM
Suspended; also need updated email

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
I will enjoy both
Old 06-05-05, 04:03 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 203 Likes on 157 Posts
I still think that BB will suffer from actually accomplishing the task of being Batman done the right way.
Old 06-05-05, 07:46 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Almost anything is better than X2 or Spider-man 2.

X2, while decent, had terrible pacing problems. Still, it was a marked improvement over X-men, which I loathe, as an X-Men fan.

Spider-Man 2, seemed just like a modern rehash of Superman II. It really didn't strike me as that great of a movie.
Old 06-05-05, 11:56 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by LivingINClip
Almost anything is better than X2 or Spider-man 2.

X2, while decent, had terrible pacing problems. Still, it was a marked improvement over X-men, which I loathe, as an X-Men fan.

Spider-Man 2, seemed just like a modern rehash of Superman II. It really didn't strike me as that great of a movie.
Yeah, when General Zod told JJ Jameson to kneel before him, I was like, "Spooky!"

Old 06-06-05, 07:59 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I am looking forward to both movies, but being a huge Batman fan, I'm anticipating F4 a bit more. It just looks like the check your brain at the door movie July calls for. It seems like they've nailed Johnny Storm and Thing is growing on me. I'm sure the movie will be filled with visual treats as well which will lend itself to the big screen. I just wish there was a way they could have a 5 minute Johnny/Spidey sparring match in the flick. However I will never understand the Alba casting as Sue though, but she could still be fine in it.

The 10 min Batman preview kind of dimmed my hopes for the movie a bit. I can't really put my finger on it outside of the voice under the mask business which is awful. I read an article about how the origin aspect of Superhero movies gets really tedious after a while and I agree, but this movie seems to be more than "how he got his powers/came to be" type deal so it should be cool.