Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Anyone Else cringe..... [Spoilers]

Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Old 06-01-05, 09:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

....during the whole Palpatine/Windu fight and the following "turning" scene?

a) "The Fight": God I know it shouldn't get on my nerves so much but this fight was just crap. It felt even slower than the EP. IV fight and the acting was just C List all the way through. I mean, at times the look on Palp's face as hes battling made me want him to get his f***ing head chopped off (even though i knew it wouldnt happen). This one part when he is thrusting his sword at Mace when they are battling on the window, he pulls back the saber and snarls at windu and then proceads to jab at him wearing an expression on his face that his brain had stopped working years ago.

B) "The Turning": Once again, horrible HORRIBLE acting. A few perticularly bad parts were during the scene when Mace is deflecting Palp's force lightning and trying to keep Anakin from killing him ("HE IS THE TRAITOR *GIRLY YELLING WOOKIE SOUND*"). Then when Sidious "comes out of the closet", Ian turns a perfectly dark character into a walking cartoon ("no No NO NOOOOO YOU WILL DIE!!!!!!", "GOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooOOOOODDDdddd")
Old 06-01-05, 10:06 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Actually, I thought that fight was pretty good. THe glass breaking was my fav part. The part that I didn't like was the awkward way that Palpy "flew" towards the four Jedis. I admit the dialogue for that scene was a bit stiff, but it didn't bother me that much. I think Lucas just cramped in too many lines that all its deliveries ended up rather compressed - like much of the dialogues for the prequels.
Old 06-01-05, 10:18 PM

the glass breaking was about the only good part of the fight. To me, yeah it wasnt the worst in the series but damn concidering all the other awesome duels it just felt rushed and timid. Kind of like the Ep. IV fight, but with less depth and emotion. Plus, ill never get used to seeing a CGI Palp.....(or for that matter a CGI Dooku)
Old 06-01-05, 10:41 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I cringe every time someone opens yet another negative thread just to piss people off.
Old 06-01-05, 11:15 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Anyone Else cringe.....
At vauge thread titles? All the time

But serious answer, no I did not.
Old 06-01-05, 11:50 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I cringed seeing all those Jedis dying way too easily.
Old 06-02-05, 12:02 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
I thought the whole segment was good. I just think Palp's crazy laughing was a distraction.
Old 06-02-05, 12:04 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Goat3001
At vauge thread titles? All the time

I kept waiting for Mace to say the word "bitch".
Old 06-02-05, 12:20 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Ian McDiarmid's performance was by far my favorite thing about the movie, so no, I really didn't have much of a problem with that fight. His performance as Palpatine was so delightfully over the top he stole the movie in my opinion. I loved that snarl and then his comment to Mace as he finishes him off....hell, I went out the next day to add his action figure to my collection.
Old 06-02-05, 01:17 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

You'll cringe more when you see the deleted scene where Windu gives the speech that Jules Winnfield gives in Pulp Fiction.
Old 06-02-05, 04:06 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Cringe?

Did everyone just learn a new word?
Old 06-02-05, 09:44 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by badger1997
Ian McDiarmid's performance was by far my favorite thing about the movie, so no, I really didn't have much of a problem with that fight. His performance as Palpatine was so delightfully over the top he stole the movie in my opinion. I loved that snarl and then his comment to Mace as he finishes him off....hell, I went out the next day to add his action figure to my collection.

Sidious was the best character/performance in Ep. 3, IMO.
Old 06-02-05, 09:58 AM

well ok im not saying he wasnt great during the rest of the movie and no im not trying to piss you guys off but damn those scenes were straight up BAD.....
Old 06-02-05, 10:06 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts
no.
Old 06-02-05, 12:20 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Nope! In fact, it was a very good scene, save for Sam Jackon's horrible scream when Anakin cut his arm off. It was forced and fake, and didn't sound like a man in pain. Sounded like a man trying to scream as if he was in pain. Didn't work at all. Other than that, very good scene.
Old 06-02-05, 01:14 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

SinCity...

I couldn't agree with you more. I know exactly which "look" you are referring to, and it makes me laugh every single time. McDiarmid's performance was pure crap during that scene. They moved like they were wearing diapers under their robes. Worst fight of the prequel trilogy for sure.
Old 06-02-05, 01:18 PM
Suspended

Nope. Only cringe worthy moment's in the film were the scene's with Anakin & Padme talking to each other.
Old 06-02-05, 01:39 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Terrell
Nope! In fact, it was a very good scene, save for Sam Jackon's horrible scream when Anakin cut his arm off. It was forced and fake, and didn't sound like a man in pain. Sounded like a man trying to scream as if he was in pain. Didn't work at all. Other than that, very good scene.

So, Terrell, you expected them to really cut Sam's hand off huh? J/K
Old 06-02-05, 02:09 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I thought both parts of the scene were very well done, and they were even better on a second viewing.
Old 06-02-05, 02:47 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

So, Terrell, you expected them to really cut Sam's hand off huh?
Maybe he would have screamed more convincingly.
Old 06-02-05, 02:48 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

The scene was great, but some of the laughter was distracting.
Old 06-02-05, 05:23 PM

Originally Posted by BuddyRevell
SinCity...

I couldn't agree with you more. I know exactly which "look" you are referring to, and it makes me laugh every single time. McDiarmid's performance was pure crap during that scene. They moved like they were wearing diapers under their robes. Worst fight of the prequel trilogy for sure.
i wish i could get a pic of "the look". It's so damn UN-Palpy-Like it makes me just thinking about it......
Old 06-02-05, 05:58 PM
Retired

Originally Posted by Terrell
Maybe he would have screamed more convincingly.
Unfortunately that requires acting ability....
Old 06-04-05, 08:34 PM

....Are you actually suggesting that Samuel L. Jackson....THE Samuel L. Jackson.....can't act?! Have you seen Pulp Fiction? Muthaf***a???!!!!
Old 06-04-05, 10:12 PM

Originally Posted by SinCity
i wish i could get a pic of "the look". It's so damn UN-Palpy-Like it makes me just thinking about it......
hmmmm.....you wouldn't be referring to this would you?

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.