Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Spoil Dark Water for me

Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Spoil Dark Water for me

Old 05-24-05, 10:18 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Spoil Dark Water for me

I will never see this movie and the commericals are really annoying me... I believe this was a jap film originally.. so what happens?
Old 05-24-05, 11:30 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Spoiler:
It's a ghost.
Old 05-24-05, 11:43 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by j123vt_99
I believe this was a jap film originally.. so what happens?
Those crazy japs!
Old 05-24-05, 11:46 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Charlie Goose
Those crazy japs!

thanks numanoid.... i didn't mean jap in offensive slang.. meant it as an abbreviation
Old 05-24-05, 02:06 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You really want it spoiled. Ok

Spoiler:
In the film you see the chick move to an apartment with her daughter. Then the water starts to drip in... it gets worse and worse. She eventually goes upstairs to see what is causing it. The apartment above her has no one living in it and it's full of water. It leads her up to the roof and it's the water reserve or whatever the fuck you call it on the roof. Ends up being that a little girl that is haunting the place using the water was killed in the water reserve/tower thing and her body is left there. The girl is looking for her/a mommy and guess who she wants to keep as her mommy. Yup. that's right. The big twist at the end is that while she is trying to get away from the ghost with her daughter. She picks up the wrong little girl. So she escapes with the ghost girl who then cosumes her in a sense in an elevator scene. That's the big "OH SHIT" moment.

The film in general is pretty much a rehash of The Ring and the american version doesn't do anything to change the surprise twist ending scare which was really the only decent scare of the film.
Old 05-24-05, 02:37 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

thanks jack... never saw the ring either

Originally Posted by Jackskeleton
You really want it spoiled. Ok

Spoiler:
In the film you see the chick move to an apartment with her daughter. Then the water starts to drip in... it gets worse and worse. She eventually goes upstairs to see what is causing it. The apartment above her has no one living in it and it's full of water. It leads her up to the roof and it's the water reserve or whatever the fuck you call it on the roof. Ends up being that a little girl that is haunting the place using the water was killed in the water reserve/tower thing and her body is left there. The girl is looking for her/a mommy and guess who she wants to keep as her mommy. Yup. that's right. The big twist at the end is that while she is trying to get away from the ghost with her daughter. She picks up the wrong little girl. So she escapes with the ghost girl who then cosumes her in a sense in an elevator scene. That's the big "OH SHIT" moment.

The film in general is pretty much a rehash of The Ring and the american version doesn't do anything to change the surprise twist ending scare which was really the only decent scare of the film.
Old 05-24-05, 04:54 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,389 Likes on 1,020 Posts
Am I the only one wanting this to be a Pirates of Dark Water movie?
Old 05-24-05, 07:53 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 195 Likes on 151 Posts
Originally Posted by milo bloom
Am I the only one wanting this to be a Pirates of Dark Water movie?

I thought I was the only one!

Thanks Jack for the spoilers. I am sooooo glad I didn't pay money to see another rip-off with a stupid twist.
Seems like all these re-makes of Japanese movies have the same plot:

-A house or something else is haunted
-A creepy girl or kid appears to torment the leads
-They discover ghosts are involved; this does not exclude the leads being them (you know which movies I refer to here), and they (the ghosts) have reason to seek vengeance for a wrong commited against them.
-The bad spirits are defeated....NO THEY'RE NOT!!!

Last edited by Dr. DVD; 05-24-05 at 07:57 PM.
Old 05-25-05, 12:42 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by Dr. DVD
Thanks Jack for the spoilers. I am sooooo glad I didn't pay money to see another rip-off with a stupid twist.
Seems like all these re-makes of Japanese movies have the same plot:
It's not so much the plot, but the execution. They are no more repetitive than than the low budget fare companies like Dimension/Miramax churn out, but there's no comparision in quality - the Japanese filmmakers know how to build suspense instead of flashing Microsoft Paint quality CG at you.
Old 05-25-05, 02:57 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Only problem is that they don't know how to make the pay out worth the suspense.
Old 05-25-05, 07:20 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by Jackskeleton
Only problem is that they don't know how to make the pay out worth the suspense.
I'd agree with that, for the majority of them.
Old 05-25-05, 09:47 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by j123vt_99
thanks numanoid.... i didn't mean jap in offensive slang.. meant it as an abbreviation
Then you meant JPN, not Jap.
Old 05-25-05, 11:56 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Those lame Yanks! Actually, the movie doesn't sound that bad. Think I'll check it out.