Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Why was Leia's mom sad alot?

Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Why was Leia's mom sad alot?

Old 05-24-05, 03:24 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by Michael Corvin
Wow. 23 posts before this is finally posted. It is exactly what I was going to bring up. I agree and believe this 100%. No continuity error at all.

This IS a Star Wars forum though, I guess the majority here don't have kids.
1) its a huge stretch
2) she wasnt sad until the last couple days of her life
3) luke didnt magically see her sad from the womb
Old 05-24-05, 03:29 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Qui Gon taught Padme how to become a ghost and in death Pademe gained the powers of a Jedi and communed with Leia for a time.

Hey, it's just as good of a guess as any others.
Old 05-24-05, 03:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
For those who think Leai sensed Padme in the womb: why wouldn't Luke have sensed the same thing? He would have the same memory Leia had.

Hell, why we're on it, the whole idea of Leia being Luke's sister is lame anyway. She never showed an inkling of "Force" ability, and wouldn't Vader have sensed the Force in her? He was able to sense everyone else (Kenobi, Luke in the Death Star battle, Luke in Shuttle, etc.)
Old 05-24-05, 03:36 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by masetodd
For those who think Leai sensed Padme in the womb: why wouldn't Luke have sensed the same thing? He would have the same memory Leia had.

Hell, why we're on it, the whole idea of Leia being Luke's sister is lame anyway. She never showed an inkling of "Force" ability, and wouldn't Vader have sensed the Force in her? He was able to sense everyone else (Kenobi, Luke in the Death Star battle, Luke in Shuttle, etc.)
I don't believe Leia was supposed to be Luke's sister at first. That was added later on.

As to trying to piece it all together now for better or for worse, maybe Leia has a different gift of the Force that permitted her to sense Padme from the womb while Luke's gift of the Force made him focus on different things. It's all theory at this point, really.
Old 05-24-05, 03:41 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 911 Likes on 646 Posts
Originally Posted by twikoff
1) its a huge stretch
2) she wasnt sad until the last couple days of her life
3) luke didnt magically see her sad from the womb
Not really.

2.) You don't think Padme was up nights worried about her husband out on missions where he could be killed? I'm sure that would bring a few tears to a wife. What about being frightened at the fact of hiding the pregnancy for 9 months and the consequences if it came to light she was married to a Jedi? What about having the burden of knowing your husband slaughtered an entire tribe of people? Men, women AND children? You don't think she might have been a bit worried about him being a father?

3.) Even thought this is SW, Luke is still a guy. Guys remember jack shit.

But like above, any guess is as good as any other. Maybe Leia was more atuned to the force as a youngling, but it fell by the wayside, going without training and practice. Maybe Luke wasn't adept at all and had to work harder at it. No different than math. For some the force may come easy, others have to work at it harder.
Old 05-24-05, 03:45 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Luke was trained, Leia never was. Perhaps if it were Leia on Tatooine and Luke in Alderaan then Luke would have been forceless. Bottom line is there’s obviously SOME force in her but it’s under developed, cause Yoda says she’s another hope. But Obi Wan and Yoda both chose Luke as the primary hope cause they thought he was stronger.

Also, at the end of ROTJ Leia tells Han says she “feels” Luke is ok and got out. So she has some residue. Maybe it’s that residue that allowed her to remember the “feelings” from Padme. Padme was sad most of the time she was pregnant because of the war and obviously Anakin turning.
Old 05-24-05, 03:46 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
Originally Posted by brianluvdvd
Be careful Jack...you might fall over if you keep reaching so far.

Why can't a flub be called a flub?

and you nitpickers aren't stretching? From the force being split because twins are born to C3PO not knowning there has been a lot of nit picking for every little scene that some of you folks could be called Plastic man.

It's not to hard to believe that she is getting some images the same way those jedi's see the past/present/future in force visions. She is seeing Padme in the final days. She didn't have to be there viewing it. Much like Luke doesn't have to be there to see his friends in pain or how anakin doesn't have to be at the birth to see that she dies.

The Force offers a Deus ex Machina to explain any of those "flubs". Much like answering "it was wizards", in an event of star wars, it's easy to just say it was the Force. nuff said.
Old 05-24-05, 03:48 PM
DVD Talk God

Not really.
whats your earliest childhood memory?

anyone that says they can remember when they were a baby, is smoking crack.. anyone that says they can remember being in the womb, should be locked up..

while you might be able to get some feeling from your surroundings while in the womb.. you would have no lasting memories of it.
Old 05-24-05, 03:51 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by Jackskeleton
The Force offers a Deus ex Machina to explain any of those "flubs". Much like answering "it was wizards", in an event of star wars, it's easy to just say it was the Force. nuff said.
so lucas has an out for any question.. it was 'the force'

just like lucy lawless as xena on the simpsons episodes.. with the group of nerds asking her questions about all the inaccuracies, and she blamed everything on wizards (even before they could finish asking the questions)
Old 05-24-05, 03:52 PM
DVD Talk Legend

anyone that says they can remember when they were a baby, is smoking crack.. anyone that says they can remember being in the womb, should be locked up..

while you might be able to get some feeling from your surroundings while in the womb.. you would have no lasting memories of it.
I had a dream about being born once, but that's not what I'd call a memory. My earliest memory is about 2 years old, when my Grandmother died.
Old 05-24-05, 03:55 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by calhoun07
I had a dream about being born once, but that's not what I'd call a memory. My earliest memory is about 2 years old, when my Grandmother died.
and that was a major event, that even gives you a milestone to remember that young

most of our early *memories*, come from stories and pictures
Old 05-24-05, 03:59 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

see Jack's post above yours.
Old 05-24-05, 04:00 PM

Not really.

2.) You don't think Padme was up nights worried about her husband out on missions where he could be killed? I'm sure that would bring a few tears to a wife. What about being frightened at the fact of hiding the pregnancy for 9 months and the consequences if it came to light she was married to a Jedi? What about having the burden of knowing your husband slaughtered an entire tribe of people? Men, women AND children? You don't think she might have been a bit worried about him being a father?

3.) Even thought this is SW, Luke is still a guy. Guys remember jack shit.

But like above, any guess is as good as any other. Maybe Leia was more atuned to the force as a youngling, but it fell by the wayside, going without training and practice. Maybe Luke wasn't adept at all and had to work harder at it. No different than math. For some the force may come easy, others have to work at it harder.
I agree. I am satisfied with how Lucas tied together all the movies over a 28 year period. Besides, it is fun for me to think of different ways that all the movies tie together. I think a good imagination is a great thing to use! Besides there was no way Lucas was going to make all Star Wars fans happy.
Old 05-24-05, 04:08 PM
DVD Talk Legend

All Lucas had to do was have Leia born FIRST. I was actually surprised while watching ROTS that the first baby was Luke, BECAUSE of that very scene in ROTJ. I figured Padme would get to hold Leia for a moment and then would die while delivering Luke.

Problem.

Solved.
Old 05-24-05, 04:08 PM

BREAKING NEWS...........THIS JUST IN..............STAR WARS IS MADE UP AND DOES NOT HAVE TO BE PERFECT FOR PEOPLE TO LOVE IT.................

Two comments. 1)Please create your own 9 billion dollar grossing scifiction master piece and 2) how did you get elected vice president of otterville?
Old 05-24-05, 06:38 PM
Fok
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by JohnDoeUSA
BREAKING NEWS...........THIS JUST IN..............STAR WARS IS MADE UP AND DOES NOT HAVE TO BE PERFECT FOR PEOPLE TO LOVE IT.................

Two comments. 1)Please create your own 9 billion dollar grossing scifiction master piece and 2) how did you get elected vice president of otterville?

hold on...THAT'S NOT TRUE, THAT'S IMPOSSIBLE!!!!!
Old 05-24-05, 06:41 PM
DVD Talk God

see Jack's post above yours.
and see my response to that one
Old 05-24-05, 06:43 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by JohnDoeUSA

of course it doesnt have to be perfect
but doesnt mean we cant point out the mistakes.. isnt that the point of the internet

1) will you loan me the first 120 million it takes to produce one of these? please wire it to my offshore account.. thanks!

2) try doing a search in otterville
Old 05-24-05, 07:34 PM
Premium Member

Received 690 Likes on 462 Posts
2) try doing a search in otterville
I did a search FOR "otterville" and the #1 was

Paging all women!

Who are you
Old 05-24-05, 08:30 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I just wanna thank those offering up responses to how Leia remembers for some great laughs. Truly funny stuff.

...memories from the womb...
Old 05-24-05, 08:46 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by The Cow
I did a search FOR "otterville" and the #1 was

Paging all women!

Who are you
Im gonna have to plead the fifth!
Old 05-24-05, 08:51 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Class316
It's possible that Luke ASSUMED it would be their mother. But when he asked she didn't know they were sisters, so she talked about her "mother" as in Mrs. Organa.
...Sisters?

Last edited by Breakfast with Girls; 05-24-05 at 09:02 PM.
Old 05-24-05, 09:47 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Just say that it was baby Leia somehow tapped into the Force and could sense her mother's feelings it was strong enough she remembered it.
Old 05-24-05, 10:12 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by resinrats
Just say that it was baby Leia somehow tapped into the Force and could sense her mother's feelings it was strong enough she remembered it.
Exactly. I don't get what is so hard to understand about this.

An all mystical force that controls everything? Check.
Clone army? Check.
Droid army? Check.
Green muppet w/ a lightsaber? Check.
Light Side and Dark Side? Check.
Jedi or Sith? Check.
Sensing death from across the galaxy? Check.
A "death star" that can blow up planets? Check.
Villian surviving a lava bath? Check.

A baby sensing it's mother in the womb through the force? Totally un-fucking-believable.
Old 05-24-05, 11:54 PM

Or maybe she just remembers her step mother, who was sad because she never had a real daughter.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.