Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

isn't it too early to have a scarlet johannson band wagon?

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

isn't it too early to have a scarlet johannson band wagon?

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-05, 07:26 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by RocShemp
Not all, I admit, conscience. As far as I know, the only films of her that I have not seen are Lost In Translation, Girl With The Pearl Earring and the upcoming The Island. I'm not saying she's terrible. Because she's not. I'm just saying that in the films of hers that I have seen, she's proven to be no better or worse than any other semi-competent actress.

Grrrr. You haven't even seen the two films that put her on the Hollywood map.

And I just saw the trailer for The Island again and she is hot like fire with the light blonde hair.
Old 06-02-05, 07:52 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 622 Likes on 480 Posts
Well I do recall that she was heavily praised for Ghost World. When I saw that film I was shocked by the fact that I found her completely dispensable. Sill, I want to see Lost In Translation as I am a Bill Murray fan and I want to see Girl With The Pearl Earring as Colin Firth is such a fine actor.

As for her looks, she doesn't appeal to me at all. Even less with blonde hair as I rarely like blondes. But, hey, so long as you're not one of those people that takes it as a personal offence if I don't get a hard on over the same women that turn them on, we're cool.
Old 06-02-05, 08:27 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I loved Pearl Earring, Ghost World, & Lost in Translation - and her performances in all.
Old 06-02-05, 10:52 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Third Baseman
I loved Pearl Earring, Ghost World, & Lost in Translation - and her performances in all.

strong agreement
Old 06-02-05, 10:59 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by RocShemp
Well I do recall that she was heavily praised for Ghost World. When I saw that film I was shocked by the fact that I found her completely dispensable. Sill, I want to see Lost In Translation as I am a Bill Murray fan and I want to see Girl With The Pearl Earring as Colin Firth is such a fine actor.

As for her looks, she doesn't appeal to me at all. Even less with blonde hair as I rarely like blondes. But, hey, so long as you're not one of those people that takes it as a personal offence if I don't get a hard on over the same women that turn them on, we're cool.

Yes, she was praised for her EXCELLENT performance in GW, but it still did not bring her into the spotlight in Hollywood or with movie watchers (I am betting that only a select few know of Ghost World - that sounds weird, but hopefully you know what I am trying to point out).

Nah, I don't take personal offense. Like others have said "different strokes for different folks." And not really interested in who you get a hardon for, either.
Old 06-03-05, 10:51 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

If anyone sees the SJ bandwagon anywhere, let me know because I want shotgun.
I think the comparison to Natalie Portman is actually a good one. A comparison can be drawn between SJ and Winona Ryder also, at least early in Ryder's career (let's hope the comparison ends there). All three are very attractive girls who could have ridden their looks to a quickly lucrative career but instead choose interesting roles in smaller films to start things off. I have a hard time begrudging them for taking roles in crap because crap pays better than art, sadly enough. I like that SG is going to probably make enough money off of The Island that she won't have to worry about money for a long time. Of the three I like SJ the most from a looks standpoint. She has a unique but to me adorable face and one of the sexiest bodies I've ever seen. She's so freaking curvy but at the same time in shape and slender. Yum.

I think the comparisons between SG and Lindsay Lohan are kind of like comparing Al Pacino and David Cassidy back in the day. One was and is a real actor and the other was a bubble gum teen idol.

Last edited by JesseCuster; 06-03-05 at 11:03 AM.
Old 06-06-05, 08:24 AM

Just read an article about her and things on the set of The Island. It's pretty damn funny though it's on MSN Today(the popup on MSN Messenger), so it's not like it's an exclusive.

http://entertainment.msn.com/movies/...-2-05?GT1=6657
Old 07-08-05, 09:21 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by JesseCuster
She has a unique but to me adorable face and one of the sexiest bodies I've ever seen. She's so freaking curvy but at the same time in shape and slender. Yum.
You can say that again:

Shame about PG-13 Island. The MSN piece at least gives us hope on eventually seeing more of her though.
Old 07-08-05, 02:48 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Nice rack.
Old 07-09-05, 01:13 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

The scary thing about the above picture is it doesn't show the sexiest part of her body, her butt, which I think anyone who's seen Lost in Translation can attest to. God, her breasts are huge. I knew they were there but I didn't know they were *so* big.

BTW, I don't happen to have a link but did anyone see the photo she did with Paris Hilton at FHM's 100 sexiest women publicity thingy? She was in frumpy clothes and looked like she'd just been on a museum tour or something and she made Paris look like a chewed up piece of gum. It's hard to remember when I've seen a more normally, naturally beautiful woman paired up with a more coked out looking, used up piece of Eurotrash before.
Old 07-09-05, 03:20 AM

throwing in my (more than) .02

You've given the argument a valiant effort, p, but you won't sway most guys into finding her overrated while pics of her jet-puffed lips and giant hooters are staring us in the face. Seriously, from a female's perspective...if she wasn't hot there wouldn't be half as much discussion over her, her acting talent, or her bandwagon. If she looked like the chick from Welcome to the Dollhouse the critics would probably love her but nobody else would really care whether or not she faded into obscurity after her breakout role (and very few DVDTalk guys would be extolling her virtues, all over their keyboards )

I've seen Scarlett in 4 or 5 films and so far I've been pretty underwhelmed. She can play an aloof beauty or a moody outsider just fine, but I haven't really seen her do anything to go "wow, she can really act". I definitely think she has the potential for a longer career than most of the other "Hollywood It girls of the moment" (O, Gretchen Mol, where art thou?). Plus, Woody Allen and just about every other guy director apparently has a boner for her, so I doubt her reign as Hollywood's muse will end any time soon. At least she seems fairly mature and intelligent in the interviews I've read and seen, which is more than you can say for most of the teen/20-something starlets around right now.

I was watching Closer again the other day and now thinking about Scarlett I wonder how she would've done in the Alice role. I thought Natalie hit it pretty spot-on and I'm not sure Scarlett would've been able to come across as sad and needy. But I guess that's what casting directors get paid for. She probably wasn't even considered for the part.

Anyway hopefully Scarlett will be smart enough to keep the roles diverse and not just accept any drivel thrown her way. Earlier today I was looking at Halle Berry's post-Oscar career choices on IMDB. A Foxy Brown remake? Nappily Ever After? WTF? Apparently she just doesn't give a shit about doing anything worth a damn anymore now that she's got one little gold man.
Old 07-09-05, 06:11 AM
DVD Talk Hero

she made Paris look like a chewed up piece of gum.
Paris Hilton does that all on her own, my friend.
Old 07-09-05, 06:14 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by gnradd21
I've seen Scarlett in 4 or 5 films and so far I've been pretty underwhelmed. She can play an aloof beauty or a moody outsider just fine, but I haven't really seen her do anything to go "wow, she can really act". I definitely think she has the potential for a longer career than most of the other "Hollywood It girls of the moment" (O, Gretchen Mol, where art thou?). Plus, Woody Allen and just about every other guy director apparently has a boner for her, so I doubt her reign as Hollywood's muse will end any time soon. At least she seems fairly mature and intelligent in the interviews I've read and seen, which is more than you can say for most of the teen/20-something starlets around right now.
You've worded my thoughts on her far better than I ever could.
Old 07-10-05, 05:00 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
she made Paris look like a chewed up piece of gum.
That is an insult to all the chewed up gum across the world.

I'll agree with RocShemp, she doesnt need the help of someone else to come off as a waste of skin.
Old 07-10-05, 08:45 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
The scary thing about the above picture is it doesn't show the sexiest part of her body, her butt, which I think anyone who's seen Lost in Translation can attest to. God, her breasts are huge. I knew they were there but I didn't know they were *so* big.
mention and we shall recive
Old 07-10-05, 09:01 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: the kingdom of the evil Voratians, ruled by the wicked Ak-Oga
Received 85 Likes on 48 Posts
And another....

Old 07-10-05, 09:54 PM

God, her breasts are huge. I knew they were there but I didn't know they were *so* big.
Scarlett never did a thing for me until I saw the poster for The Island. Good lord---those breasts are magnificent! The only thing I've seen her in was Ghost World, and I didn't notice them there. I got LiT from the DDD sale (2-pack with Eternal Sunshine), but haven't gotten around to seeing it yet. I think I'll be popping it in tomorrow.
Old 07-12-05, 11:13 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Scarlett will be on Conan in a few minutes.
Old 07-13-05, 12:03 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Buford T Pusser
Scarlett will be on Conan in a few minutes.
literally?
Old 07-13-05, 12:09 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Thanks Buford.

Watching right now.

When she walked to her seat - WOW! Nice ass. God done her right.
Old 07-13-05, 12:10 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Yes, literally. Haven't you seen his shtick?
Old 07-13-05, 01:36 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by conscience
When she walked to her seat - WOW! Nice ass. God done her right.
Pics?

Old 07-13-05, 04:29 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
http://actionadventure.about.com/od/...johanssonI.htm

GOD DAMN YOU BAY!! We could have seen her knockers! Screw the whole Pg-13 rating.
Old 07-13-05, 07:31 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

you know, i feel better about things, knowing that the scarlett bandwagon is due in large part to her T and A. and the larger they are, the more gravity has to work with.
Old 07-13-05, 08:57 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by Jackskeleton
http://actionadventure.about.com/od/...johanssonI.htm

GOD DAMN YOU BAY!! We could have seen her knockers! Screw the whole Pg-13 rating.
Damn, another reason Michael Bay must be destroyed.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.