DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Movie Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/movie-talk-17/)
-   -   Best Movie Theater in Portland, OR (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/movie-talk/423150-best-movie-theater-portland.html)

dcprules 05-18-05 04:06 AM

Best Movie Theater in Portland, OR

I was looking for a thread listing the best movie theaters, but couldn't really find anything. Anyway, I'm looking for the best movie theater in Portland, OR. I typically go to the Century 16 Eastport (I haven't been to the Century in Beaverton yet), and I am wondering if that is the best theater in Portland for biggest screen and best sound.

Hope this is the right forum for the topic... Thanks everyone!

Bruce_S 05-18-05 12:00 PM

The biggest screen is at the Lloyd Center (outside the mall). I believe, it's screen #2 located right behind the concession stand. Best people to ask about their biggest screen is the cashier or ushers. They will have a seat count of every screen at the theatre.

As for the best sound, it's a tough call since there will always be someone complaining it being too loud. I think, theatre owners don't want to really crank up the sound b/c of possible lialibilty issues from their patrons.

I attend the Century 16 on 82nd on a regular basis and screen #8 and #9 are their almost identical. Usually, I wait for one of those screen when their are multiple showings of a big budget movie (ie. Star Wars) is released.

Hope that helps!

Duder 05-18-05 11:46 PM

I always thought the biggest screen in this area was at Eastgate... (Is that still open? I haven't been there since Episode I.)

Bruce_S 05-18-05 11:52 PM

Eastgate had the biggest screen in PDX but it's been closed for many years now. It's been turned into a church... The outside Lloyd cinema, screen #2, takes over as the biggest screen ever since Eastgate closure.

wago70 05-19-05 11:57 AM

Are there any nice single screen theaters in Portland? How about the greater downtown area?

Duder 05-20-05 03:00 AM

Why would you want a single screen theater?

As for Eastgate, wow... shows how out of touch I've been with that one.

And in a month or so, from what I've heard, the new Bridgeport theaters will not only have the most screens, but will have Oregon's largest screen.

Bruce_S 05-20-05 01:06 PM

My favorite single screen theatre is the Bagdad pubtheatre on Hawthrone. They should show second run movies. I think, it cost $3 - they offer great beers selections.

I would recommend the 21st Cinemas on NW 21st and the Cinemagic on Hawthrone. They show mostly classic and indie films there.

When is the Bridgeport theatres opening up? I'm glad to see Century Theatres is willing to compete with Regal. It's much needed around here. Also, Century is building new one at the Clackamas Mall during its expansion, scheduled opening is Summer 2007.

dcprules 05-23-05 03:50 AM

What is this new Bridgeport theater and where is it located?

I'm also really glad that Century theaters are coming to Oregon. The Regal Cinema's in Portland really aren't very good, and it is always nice having an alternative theater that doesn't play twenty minutes of commercials before the movies.

QuikSilver 05-23-05 01:23 PM

I believe Bridgeport will be opening on June 24. Its located off of I-5 in Tigard.

dcprules 06-23-05 02:33 PM

Has anyone checked this theater out yet at the sneak previews? I'm really curious how it is.

Bruce_S 07-06-05 06:50 PM

I went to check out the Bridgeport Village today for my first time. The theatre was pretty nice, unfortunately, I didn't go to watch any movies. I asked the usher about their biggest auditoriums - it's screen #9 and #10 with the capacity of 500 people.

dcprules 04-05-07 03:52 AM

Talk about updating an old thread and one that I even started...

Anyway, I was wondering if anyone knows anything about an IMAX being put in at the Regal Bridgeport Village 18 in Oregon. I read that they are adding an IMAX theater in time for the Spider-Man 3 release a month from now. I just heard about it and was wondering if they are simply converting an existing auditorium into an IMAX screen somehow or if they are adding a new auditorium for the IMAX screen. If anyone knows, I'm very curious. Thanks as always.

AudioWizard 04-05-07 06:49 PM

Originally Posted by dcprules
Talk about updating an old thread and one that I even started...

Anyway, I was wondering if anyone knows anything about an IMAX being put in at the Regal Bridgeport Village 18 in Oregon. I read that they are adding an IMAX theater in time for the Spider-Man 3 release a month from now. I just heard about it and was wondering if they are simply converting an existing auditorium into an IMAX screen somehow or if they are adding a new auditorium for the IMAX screen. If anyone knows, I'm very curious. Thanks as always.

They are converting one.