Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Da Vinci Code Teaser Trailer

Old 05-17-05, 10:56 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Da Vinci Code Teaser Trailer

http://tv.reuters.com/x/smil.jsp?mod...0.ayillehuNIac

Not much but good cast. Real media video though...
Old 05-17-05, 11:34 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Is it the same one where it winds thru these canyons and caverns with symbols and such on the walls, only to pull back and reveal the Mona Lisa?
Old 05-17-05, 11:41 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

yeah thats the one... is it old?
Old 05-18-05, 12:23 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Oh, no.. I got to see it last week at an all hand's company meeting.
Old 05-18-05, 02:56 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Having trouble viewing this at the Apple website. I get sound, but no picture unless I move the window the embedded quicktime video is playing in around. Same thing happens for the Star Wars Ep. III trailer too, btw. Every other quicktime video I try has worked fine.
Old 05-18-05, 04:25 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Quicktime worked ok for me. Can't really expect any real shots since nothing has been filmed yet. This is kinda like the Spider-man teaser with the webs.

I wish we came out with a Memoirs of a Geisha trailer by now. The sequences they've shown so far are really striking and beautiful. Zhang Ziyi looks amazing.

Last edited by devilshalo; 05-18-05 at 04:28 AM.
Old 05-18-05, 07:22 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

bd make sure you have the newest Quicktime. If you don't, only some .mov files will work.
Old 05-18-05, 11:46 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

What an awful teaser. Just terrible. "No matter what you've read..." PLEASE!

What pisses me off most of all is the fact that it's so misleading. As those who've read the book know, the Da Vinci code itself is not
Spoiler:
some age-old secret men have killed for and protected for eons but simply a riddle written by a dying man that ultimately leads to a revelation (of sorts) concerning that secret.
Old 05-18-05, 12:18 PM
Banned

Here's a Quicktime link:

Hi-Res (15.8MB) http://movies.apple.com/movies/sony_..._code_m480.mov

Full Screen (29.9MB) http://movies.apple.com/movies/sony_..._code_fs2d.mov
Old 05-18-05, 01:58 PM

I'm really starting to hate movie trailers because of the voice-overs. The default voice and the corny lines just ruin every one.
Old 05-18-05, 02:18 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Wow that was pretty quick. This one doesn't come out for a while. It makes me all giddy though to see Jean Reno's name attatched to a respectable movie.
Old 05-20-05, 06:18 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by The Ferret
I'm really starting to hate movie trailers because of the voice-overs. The default voice and the corny lines just ruin every one.

No shit. The whole time I was thinking of HITCHIKER'S spoofing of this type of trailer in its own trailer.

Anyway, that teazer sucked. I've seen better. But what can one expect from Oppie Cunningham(Ron Howard). It'll be yet another half assed Oppie flick without good roles for people of color.
Old 05-20-05, 08:26 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Loved it. Can't wait.
Old 05-20-05, 08:47 AM
Banned

Location: Right now, my location is DVDTalk, but then again, you should already know that, shouldn't you?
Would this movie have any appeal to an atheist/agnostic? I know nothing about it except that all off my overtly Christian relatives think it's the greatest book of the modern age, which leads me to think it's a pro-Christian-agenda piece couched in the fun of fiction. I'm compelled by the cast and behind-the-scenes talent, but not if its a soapbox for theism.
Old 05-20-05, 09:09 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Filmmaker
Would this movie have any appeal to an atheist/agnostic? I know nothing about it except that all off my overtly Christian relatives think it's the greatest book of the modern age, which leads me to think it's a pro-Christian-agenda piece couched in the fun of fiction. I'm compelled by the cast and behind-the-scenes talent, but not if its a soapbox for theism.
The book presents the idea that Jesus had
Spoiler:
children with Mary (not the mother, but a woman who Jesus cast demons out of), and that one of the characters finds out she is a descendant of Jesus.
It's not any kind of real pro-Christian agenda piece, in fact, it's the opposite of things presented in the Bible about the character of Jesus.

I'd be interested in why your relatives think it's a great book. It's pretty good for fiction, but I don't find anything in the book of any real truth.
Old 05-20-05, 09:35 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I've really got to get around to reading this book.
Old 05-20-05, 09:55 AM
Banned

Location: Right now, my location is DVDTalk, but then again, you should already know that, shouldn't you?
Originally Posted by DGibFen
I'd be interested in why your relatives think it's a great book.
I honestly have no idea; I've avoided involving myself in their discussion of it since I fear a battle of theism vs. non-theism would be the result and I'd prefer my time with family, since it's often limited to just holidays, to be a more positive experience...
Old 05-20-05, 12:27 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by The Ferret
Have you seen the trailer for Comedian?
Old 05-20-05, 12:43 PM
Retired

Originally Posted by Filmmaker

I'm atheist and I enjoyed the book. I didn't think it was pro-christian at all. Quite the opposite actualy, which is why it was somewhat controversial.

Spoiler:
It basically says Jesus was married, had kids and his blood line is still on going to day. As well as pointing to evidence that he was just a normal man and not the son of god.
Old 05-20-05, 03:31 PM
MrE
DVD Talk Special Edition

Christian theology is BASED on the idea that Jesus was human, which is to say a "normal man."
Old 05-20-05, 03:38 PM
Retired

I meant normal man in the strict sense. i.e. not the son of god in human form.
Old 05-20-05, 03:55 PM
Banned

Thanks for the clarification. It sounds intriguing. Of course, I question if Jesus ever existed at all in any form, but then again, I'm downright positive hobbits never did and that didn't stop me from being first in line for those movies...
Old 05-20-05, 05:23 PM

Originally Posted by CheapBastid
Have you seen the trailer for Comedian?
Yeah that's great. Maybe seeing that about a month ago, and the Hitchhiker trailer recently has heightened my awareness of this shit.