Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire Trailer

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire Trailer

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-05, 09:04 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Excellent trailer! Definately a must see/own!
Old 05-08-05, 09:18 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 203 Likes on 157 Posts
Anywhere I can get a larger version of it?

Looks good by the way!
Old 05-08-05, 09:27 PM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

Received 911 Likes on 771 Posts
man, they put these out faster than i can crap!
Old 05-08-05, 09:28 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
You crap less than once every year and a half?
Old 05-08-05, 09:48 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Count Dooku
In response to POWERBOMB
Spoiler:

In backstory, that hasn't come out in the movies, Snape was jilted by Harry's mother when she started dating Harry's father (back when all three were students at Hogwarts) which is some explanation for Snape's instant animosity to Harry.
That explains a lot, although I would have thought that would make it in a movie somewhere. It only seemed strange because he has helped save them in all three movies (I think) and yet they don't trust each other.
Old 05-08-05, 10:36 PM
bhk
DVD Talk Legend

Spoiler:
Another reason that Snape doesn't like Harry is that Harry's father used to pick on Snape mercilessly when they were students together.

I wasn't a fan of the books or movies when the movies first came out but I've liked each successive movie more than the one before. This looks really good.
Old 05-09-05, 01:58 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I really don't see how they are going to condense that 734 page book into a single movie without throwing out most of what made the book so much fun. I hope they can pull it off though.
Old 05-09-05, 02:22 PM
Banned

This will be great..like the others. I preorderd Half blood prince and looking forward to reading it. I just hope they can keep the same actors for all the movies.
Old 05-09-05, 02:23 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Dr. DVD
Anywhere I can get a larger version of it?

Looks good by the way!

took me awile to figure it out too. Right click the movie and go to connection speed and up that to the highest setting, that will give you the biggest version of the movie.
Old 05-09-05, 02:24 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Good for Harold! I still haven't finished watching the third one yet.
Old 05-09-05, 02:25 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Looks good to me!
Old 05-09-05, 05:45 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Trailer looked excellent. The actors are sure growing up fast.
Old 05-10-05, 02:02 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Looks good although I'm curious to see who they picked to play Cho the Ho.
Old 05-10-05, 02:18 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
What's the biggest size you guys have the trailer for? 480? That's as big as it gets for me.
Old 05-10-05, 09:48 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 80 Likes on 62 Posts
Originally Posted by lizard
I really don't see how they are going to condense that 734 page book into a single movie without throwing out most of what made the book so much fun. I hope they can pull it off though.
I agree. But if they cut everything else out and stick pretty much to just the Tri-wizard tournament, they should be okay. They'll probably cut all of the stuff that takes place before school starts, which is a bummer.

Spoiler:
I don't know if they'll show any of the Quidditch game, although they may have to in order to establish the Death-Eaters and introduce Krum.
Old 05-10-05, 10:16 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
From what I've heard, the Dursleys are not in the movie this time, which is a bummer. I really wanted to see Dudders eat the Ton-Tongue Candy.

The book can easily be condensed into a two hour movie. A lot of it is Harry trying to figure out the clues and how to survive all the tournament crap. If you remove all the internal stuff, all the studying, and all the agony, the book is actually quite short.

All three Triwizard challenges are in the movie (I love the Horntail!). The World Quidditch Cup is also in the movie. The Yule Ball is in the movie. Voldemort is in the movie (Ralph Fiennes). So I'd say they've got the most important stuff covered. It's just the rabid fans who will be disappointed that this little teeny detail, or that little teeny detail is missing from the movie.

I'll be interested in seeing how they portray the Death Mark.
Old 05-10-05, 10:18 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Xander
I agree. But if they cut everything else out and stick pretty much to just the Tri-wizard tournament, they should be okay. They'll probably cut all of the stuff that takes place before school starts, which is a bummer.

Spoiler:
I don't know if they'll show any of the Quidditch game, although they may have to in order to establish the Death-Eaters and introduce Krum.
Spoiler:
I've always been in the camp that they CAN cut out the Quidditch World Cup. Krum's easy to establish. Just have Ron be reading a magazine or any publication that mentions him and shows him to Harry. As for the Dark Mark, just have it appear in the air somewhere on the way to Hogwarts or something.
Old 05-10-05, 10:20 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by POWERBOMB
That explains a lot, although I would have thought that would make it in a movie somewhere. It only seemed strange because he has helped save them in all three movies (I think) and yet they don't trust each other.
The Snape/Potter relationship is explained in little bits and pieces as the books progress. You get even more details in Book 5. And I assume some of this will end up in the films as well.
Old 05-10-05, 10:24 AM
DVD Talk Legend

The Snape/James thing wasn't fully explained until Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix.

If anything, it will all be explained in that movie, since the Pensieve and the training Harry did is a large part of the fifth book.

It was never fully explained till then.

Goblet of Fire certainly doesn't have anything about the whole James/Lily/Snape triangle. It's just about Harry's survival.

The only thing I'm really disappointed in is the fact that Peeves was left on the cutting room floor. Rik Mayall was supposed to play the poltergeist. Talk about perfect casting!
Old 05-10-05, 10:26 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by bhk

I wasn't a fan of the books or movies when the movies first came out but I've liked each successive movie more than the one before. This looks really good.
Same here. Looking forward to this.
Old 05-10-05, 11:03 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 28 Likes on 9 Posts
There is so much that I do hope they keep in from the book. During the previews shown during HP and the Chamber of Secrets the other day, they seem to keep in the fight that occurs between Harry and Ron which is really nice. Especially since they almost completely cut out the fight between Ron and Hermione from Azkaban.

The one thing I really hope they keep in is Dumbledore's speech to the school at the end of the book where he talks about good and evil and the need to stand united as one. That was some of JK Rowling's best writing to date.
Old 05-10-05, 11:16 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by sherm42
The one thing I really hope they keep in is Dumbledore's speech to the school at the end of the book where he talks about good and evil and the need to stand united as one. That was some of JK Rowling's best writing to date.
I'm more hoping they keep the stuff that happens before that speech. Where he's
Spoiler:
telling everyone what he needs them to do. Preparing for the storm ahead. Rounding up the troops.
Old 05-10-05, 01:22 PM
Banned

Save this one and you can make it full screen if you want:

http://movies.apple.com/movies/wb/ha...ffire_m480.mov
Old 05-10-05, 03:10 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 28 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by Kal-El
I'm more hoping they keep the stuff that happens before that speech. Where he's
Spoiler:
telling everyone what he needs them to do. Preparing for the storm ahead. Rounding up the troops.
That stuff is nice. Apart from the tasks, the scenes I think are crucial that they include are

Spoiler:

- The Defense Against the Dark Arts class where Moody demonstrates the Unforgivable Curses.
- The entire resurrection of Voldemort including the arrival of the Death Eaters and the duel between Harry and Voldemort. They should not cut a single thing out from the time Harry arrives in the Graveyard to when he escapes.
Old 05-10-05, 07:09 PM

I would probably take a pass on this movie but then again members of my family are Potter fans and they would nag me merciously until I took them to see this flick. Oh well it would be a great time for me to catch-up on my rest anyway.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.